Gardening (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I had someone round to value my house last night.
He said the two most important parts of the house that buyers looked at was bathroom(s) and kitchen.
He said since lockdown you can add garden in. People want a nice garden more than previously.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Trying my hardest to bring as many bees and butterflies to my garden as possible... So therapeutic... Sounds sad but I love it

Pond is brilliant at bringing stuff into the garden, as long as you don't have young kids.

Could also put a pot of something like nettles/dock leaves hidden behind the shed. Lots of butterflies and moths lay eggs on them.

shmmeee

That's kinda odd, as I thought goldfinch were essentially the new 'sparrow' - along with great/blue tits they are the most common visitors around my parts. The other commons are green finches, long-tails, blackbirds, robins, chaffinches, sparrows, wrens, goldcrests, magpies, wood pigeons, collard doves. More rare: stock doves and jays, and we usually have a wood pecker hanging around, though not of late.

This also hung around for a few days :)

View attachment 16229

Where abouts are you mate?

D

Deleted member 4439

You must be near to that development dubed?

Yes, close to Pickford Green. Not sure it will affect me, though it will be a shame seeing the fields built upon. O'Flannigans have just built a set of quality houses at the top of the Green.

clint van damme

Yes, close to Pickford Green. Not sure it will affect me, though it will be a shame seeing the fields built upon. O'Flannigans have just built a set of quality houses at the top of the Green.

Been looking at house recently and looked at a couple up there but was mindful it's going to get a bit busier

skyblueinBaku

Don't be surprised if you get actual Robins attacking those. Very territorial and actually quite vicious when doing it
Robins will attack just about any bird if they think their territory is being invaded. Lovely happy sounding birds but nasty if they feel threatened.

D

Deleted member 4439

Been looking at house recently and looked at a couple up there but was mindful it's going to get a bit busier

It will, but as the development will have its own shops etc I expect it will be relatively self-contained, the busyness coming from the proposed entry/exits along pickford green lane and onto the A45 via a new slip road. I suppose what I'm hoping doesn't change too much is the nature of Eastern Green, which has always been a quiet (and relatively crime-free) area.

I retire in 5 years so may up sticks then anyway, though I'm old enough to know that I'm equally likely to end up at one of the local care homes...

shmmeee

New border with stones I found, need to paint the fence View attachment 16391japanese spindal, grow to around 5ft View attachment 16392and my hanging basket is doing great View attachment 16393

Does your solar light work? I got a pair for my birthday last year and never managed to get them working. Is there a secret button (fairly sure it’s the same model looking at them)? I’m ready to leave them behind when I move otherwise.

Evo1883

Does your solar light work? I got a pair for my birthday last year and never managed to get them working. Is there a secret button (fairly sure it’s the same model looking at them)? I’m ready to leave them behind when I move otherwise.
Open up and turn them on

Evo1883

So I am getting my garden autumn ready, planted winter pansies and moved the hydrangea into the pot as I need it to mature a bit before it goes into the ground as its not strong enough yet, must also paint a couple more fence panels IMG_20200816_151206.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread