Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep agree.

It's all very ponderous. I recall that happening with the Walking Dead too.

You just wait! Mayhem will ensue very shortly!!

Nick

Administrator
Have never watched this or tried to get into it.

Should I? Never really been one for this sort of thing but there must be something to it!

olderskyblue

Have never watched this or tried to get into it.

Should I? Never really been one for this sort of thing but there must be something to it!

Well worth watching

Watch our for grendel, oops, I mean Joffrey...

ccfc92

Never seen it, but is it worth watching? Or is it just okay?

Anyone know if Sky has the complete boxset?

I've heard it's really good, but just want to know if it's worth the time watching it or....?

Last edited:

Si80

Never seen it, but is it worth watching? Or is it just okay?

Anyone know if Sky has the complete boxset?

I've heard it's really good, but just want to know if it's worth the time watching it or....?

It's brilliant. And yes Sky currently has the box sets on demand.

Sky_Blue_Daz

To be honest I ummed and ahhed about watching it
But its bloody good and quite funny in some parts

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thought they had gone for a "sopranos" final scene , when the screen went black
Still hoping for something epic to happen this series

Sky_Blue_Daz

Its just plodding along at the minute

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

Its just plodding along at the minute

Yeah, I haven't really been blown away so far. Six episodes in and they still seem to be setting the major plots up. A lot of it feels like padding. Tyrion going back and fourth without really going anywhere, Ayra continues to float around a huge building wondering why she can't turn into some kind of mysterious face changing person instantly. Jamie and Bronn are frittering about having the odd battle. Littlefinger is being utterly snake like as usual and Jon Snow is still mincing around the wall. The only things that seem to be moving forward with a feeling of resolution is Cersei's plot to destroy her daughter in law. The Bolton's have come into their own and Stannis and the fire lady are coming down for a scrap. I think they'll be a big battle at the end and a few twists hopefully. I remember feeling this way before the red wedding... :eek:

I know some people who work on the show in Belfast and they tell me to expect big things so fingers crossed.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Fair enough
would love to see theon attack that ramsey fecker
Bronn is a great character

Otis

Now that was much more like it last night.

A much more thrilling episode. More of the same please.

Gint11

Best show ever. Read all of the books. Just for info there are 7 books available and still 2 to be written so at some point the TV shows will catch up. Apparently George R R Martin has advised some staff on the ending in case he unfortunately dies. Last nights episode was awesome. Jon snow and Tyrian my favourites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicmanskyblue

Best show ever. Read all of the books. Just for info there are 7 books available and still 2 to be written so at some point the TV shows will catch up. Apparently George R R Martin has advised some staff on the ending in case he unfortunately dies. Last nights episode was awesome. Jon snow and Tyrian my favourites!

Are the books still worth reading if I have watched all the series?..

Otis

Same here, but I would also add Sam Tarly and Bron too.

dutchman

Birgitte Hjort Sørensen

5AF.jpg

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not exactly game of thrones related but has anyone seen the advert for the games of war app? Blimey Charley

Ian1779

Well Episode 9 certainly made a statement.

I can't see the logic in what Stannis did... apart from being absolutely shocking and horrible to watch - the rationale for doing it doesn't stack up.

If he does end up on the Iron Throne, he now does not have a single heir to the throne, so when he dies the crown will go to who exactly??

Plus the fact that Melisandre doesn't exactly have the best track record in her predictions as Balon Greyjoy is still alive and kicking.

I know it's not real, but if the show writers want us to buy into the story, they should at least think about the logic of what they are presenting.

kdrinkell

Davos will kill Stannis when he returns,Stannis is being manipulated even his wife didn't want to go along with it.

olderskyblue

Well Episode 9 certainly made a statement.

I can't see the logic in what Stannis did... apart from being absolutely shocking and horrible to watch - the rationale for doing it doesn't stack up.

If he does end up on the Iron Throne, he now does not have a single heir to the throne, so when he dies the crown will go to who exactly??

One of many differences from the books...

Users who are viewing this thread