Game of Thrones (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Spoilsport

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just finished it yesterday and brilliant
Tyrions trial scene, and revenge was great
And dont judge me but I think Gwendoline christie who plays brenne of tarth is stunningly attractive

Otis

Just finished it yesterday and brilliant
Tyrions trial scene, and revenge was great
And dont judge me but I think Gwendoline christie who plays brenne of tarth is stunningly attractive

She's a man mountain. Or make that a woman mountain.

She's huge!!!

I have my fingers crossed that one day she gets it on and gets all jiggy with Tyrion. Think I would pay good money to see that.

dutchman

She certainly is:

1080663-gwendoline-christie-at-hbo-s-l-a-950x0-2.jpg

stupot07

I've never watched it, and as I'm on virgin I haven't got Sky Atlantic, Is it worth getting the boxset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I've never watched it, and as I'm on virgin I haven't got Sky Atlantic, Is it worth getting the boxset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

How much is it?

What I did Stu, was buy a NowTV box with entertainment package. That was £19.99 and included in that was a 3 full months of Sky TV free. That package includes Sky Atlantic.

On my third free month now and have watched all the Game of Thrones series.

Moff

Yep it is a fantastic programme. I am really looking forward to the new series and honestly havent enjoyed a programme so much for a long time.

stupot07

How much is it?

What I did Stu, was buy a NowTV box with entertainment package. That was £19.99 and included in that was a 3 full months of Sky TV free. That package includes Sky Atlantic.

Seasons 1-4 is £54 on amazing :O

Thanks for the advice otis, does it allow catchup?

Otis

Seasons 1-4 is £54 on amazing :O

Thanks for the advice otis, does it allow catchup?

Yes.

You have access to the Sky boxsets, so I also watched all of True Detective too.

£19.99 with 3 months free. I thought it was well worth it. I am with Virgin and it is the best way to get Sky Atlantic I feel.

stupot07

Yes.

You have access to the Sky boxsets, so I also watched all of True Detective too.

£19.99 with 3 months free. I thought it was well worth it. I am with Virgin and it is the best way to get Sky Atlantic I feel.

Thanks Otis. This sounds like a plan!!

Otis

Yep. If you buy a Now TV box, there are 3 options, a movie package, a sports package and an entertainment package. It'a the entertainment one you want.

I also wanted to watch Fortitude, which is Sky Atlantic only. There's not a great deal in terms of channels, but it was only Sky Atlantic that I really wanted anyway.

Good luck.

stupot07

Was gutted when I found out fortitude was on Atlantic, is that any good?

Otis

Was gutted when I found out fortitude was on Atlantic, is that any good?

Yes. It started off very confusingly though and didn't quite seem to know what it wanted to be, psychological thriller, horror, weird fringy shit. Seemed to be all over the place at first in terms of style and theme, but there's enough to keep you watching and by about the 6th episode it gets really good. Episode 9 was just shown last Thursday.

I'm really liking it now.

dutchman

The TV commercial seems to imply that the 'latest' episodes will also be available on NowTV but I can't find any confirmation of that on their website.

Does anyone know if this will be the case?

Otis

Should be. NowTV gives you live Sky. One of the channel is Sky Atlantic.

I quite often watch Sky Atlantic live, so why wouldn't it be on? Can't see they would suddenly block that channel just for Game of Thrones.

dutchman

Should be. NowTV gives you live Sky. One of the channel is Sky Atlantic.

I quite often watch Sky Atlantic live, so why wouldn't it be on?

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for confirming it.
thumbsup.gif

HBO is a bit funny about who they allow to watch it online. In the USA cable subscribers are allowed to download the show for free but others aren't.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sorry otis mate, I thought it was monday in the uk

Otis

Boo!! I heard the 12th.

Maybe that was the US.

Maybe I will fly over there to catch it on Sunday.

dutchman

Sorry otis mate, I thought it was monday in the uk

Correct.

Britain is one of the few countries which will not be airing the worldwide simulcast.

It's not such a big deal though. The programme doesn't start until the early hours of the morning (our time) and I often wait until the next day before downloading the web version and watching that.

Tad

Sort of off topic, but I think you'll be interested. If you like the series, I'd recommend playing the Game of Thrones game by telltale. You might remember them for making the excellent game based from another TV show called The Walking Dead.

It's based on the events just after the "red wedding" and follows house forrester as they try to survive. The game follows different characters and you see characters and places from the show too. Tyrion, Cersei, Jon, Ramsay and so on are all there.

It's on episode 3 at the moment and it's really building into something quite good. It's available on consoles, PC and tablets.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just caught up with the first 2 episodes just ok so far

Last edited:

Ian1779

Think they are going slow to set the foundations up for the latter part of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread