Further ticket update (1 Viewer)

PVA

Why is that for Man Utd v Liverpool, Arsenal v Tottenham, Liverpool v Everton etc there is ZERO segregation, yet for Coventry v Gillingham we need two whole fucking blocks of segregation for safety reasons? Utter shambles.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why is that for Man Utd v Liverpool, Arsenal v Tottenham, Liverpool v Everton etc there is ZERO segregation, yet for Coventry v Gillingham we need two whole fucking blocks of segregation for safety reasons? Utter shambles.

Those Gillingham folk are a rough bunch ya know

Kingokings204

Those Gillingham folk are a rough bunch ya know

or its the police not wanting to do too much work. So obvious.

Also if you read between the lines I think the new rent deal is based on either per stand or per block. That is bloody obvious now. Fair enough though but not for this game surely.

J

Jack Griffin

Bit of a design cock up in Ricoh Arena is failure to provide flexible small/medium/large segregated area for away fans.

For most events it doesn't matter that away fans take a huge part of one stand, normally the rest of the stadium isn't full.

But if you can get a sell out crowd then you need the flexibility. It is something that ought to be addressed before the time City get involved in a promotion campaign!.

They also tweeted someone who had tickets in block 10 that he would be in block 11

Honestly why do we even need segregation?

That's pretty bad. They should just say if they are going to open more blocks or not. There was no problems against Crewe or Chelsea with segregation.

Ashdown

Wrongly or rightly it seems possible that priority has been given over to getting the 4000 x 2012-13 ST holders renewed. This obviously generates a lot more cash in a short time than dealing out 8 tickets a pop at perhaps £44. For the sake of one week they should have forgot about ST's and just sold match tickets for this game and sorted all the other issues out later with the discounts applicable with 3 'home' matches gone.

Another { Conspiracy } theory would suggest a rammed full Ricoh would make SISU look even bigger pricks live on SKY for taking the club away.

I still think that come what may, we should be looking at a 26k crowd, it would have been more though with better organisation and without the interfering idiots from the SAG !
Many people will be pissed off if at least block 10 isn't opened up, but I'm guessing it will be on Friday.

chiefdave

It's not segregation in the stands that's the problem is it? Doesn't' the Ricoh only have one shutter to segregate the concourse so if you sell more block to our fans you would have both sets of fans mixed together on the concourse.

To be honest I can't see that being a problem but I can also see that the police and safety advisors wouldn't go for it as they'd be on the hook if it did all kick off.

shmmeee

It's not segregation in the stands that's the problem is it? Doesn't' the Ricoh only have one shutter to segregate the concourse so if you sell more block to our fans you would have both sets of fans mixed together on the concourse.

To be honest I can't see that being a problem but I can also see that the police and safety advisors wouldn't go for it as they'd be on the hook if it did all kick off.

How hard can it be to put a temporary barrier up though? Maybe staffed by a few stewards.

stupot07

Wrongly or rightly it seems possible that priority has been given over to getting the 4000 x 2012-13 ST holders renewed. This obviously generates a lot more cash in a short time than dealing out 8 tickets a pop at perhaps £44. For the sake of one week they should have forgot about ST's and just sold match tickets for this game and sorted all the other issues out later with the discounts applicable with 3 'home' matches gone.

Another { Conspiracy } theory would suggest a rammed full Ricoh would make SISU look even bigger pricks live on SKY for taking the club away.

I still think that come what may, we should be looking at a 26k crowd, it would have been more though with better organisation and without the interfering idiots from the SAG !
Many people will be pissed off if at least block 10 isn't opened up, but I'm guessing it will be on Friday.

But then we would have exactly the same situation next week but only one week to sort out STs and matchday tickets for the Yeovil match rather the nearly 2 weeks they have had to sort it this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Noggin

Chelsea game had away fans in block 11, the tiny block 12 was the segregation, so we are already different to that game, so the shutters weren't an issue then, or the shutters arn't the reason now..

Nick

Administrator
It is quite clearly because SISU just don't want to sell them out of spite isn't it?

Has anybody asked the police or anybody else?

westofrayne

They've tweeted a reply to someone saying they are working on opening block 10.

TO replied to me when I asked when Blocks 10,29,30,31 were going on sale or if they were.

TO said 29/30/31 were on sale and they are working on Block 10.

to me its simple, when Gilly fans come into ground tell them its allocated seats and point them to blocks 6/7, they wont fill these, that would leave 8/9 empty for no-mans land and then 10 could be opened

ccfc1234

It shocks me with sisu being penny pinchers I thought they would open the whole ground now they are back. WHY NOT?

Each block has around 1000 seats so to sisu its worth 10k a block roughly. if Gills fans in block 8 they wont take more than that block of 1000 so 1 block segregation sure so keep 10 open as its been sold to season ticket holders anyway leaving block 9 clear. This is madness and just costing the club money and fans a chance to see us again.

I don't even believe block 9 should be shut off. WTF. Its a stadium ffs FILL IT. How much trouble are they expecting from 500 gills fans. Its a joke.

At premiership grounds where stakes are a lot higher etc such as Tottenham all it is a is a line of stewards so what are they playing at. Police are over cautious man. They just want less work to do.

Could not not agree more and it's like this at many high profile stadiums, what is wrong with the club and the people making the decisions on these matters. Why is Coventry/Gillingham on a Friday night deemed so dangerous we need to keep the fans 2000 seats apart??

Noggin

It is quite clearly because SISU just don't want to sell them out of spite isn't it?

Has anybody asked the police or anybody else?

Most other sisu conspiracy theories could easily be true, but this one is silly. I don't understand what the people who are saying it are thinking.

skybluesam66

Per Gillingham website :- sold out

Away v Coventry City

Competition: skyBET League 1 14/15
Date: Friday 05 September 2014
Kick-off: 7.45pm
Sold Out
Please Note: Senior Citizen tickets are 60+ years, Young Adults are 16-21 years, and Juniors are Under 16 for this game.

Sold Out

rob9872

Just buy them in the Gillingham end

rob9872

Perhaps blocks closed as can't segregate in the concourse not the seats. I think they can put the shutter down half way but otherwise a free for all before after and at half time.

Ashdown

Be good if the club at the close of play tonight give a concrete update on how many tickets have been sold and how many will be available for sale by Friday.

Do you think they know ?

torchomatic

Careful. That could be seen as criticism. You'll be on the hit list.

Bit of a design cock up in Ricoh Arena is failure to provide flexible small/medium/large segregated area for away fans. .

Users who are viewing this thread