Further ticket update (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

HERE ...

The club is opening up Block 11 and tickets will only be available from the CCFC Superstore tomorrow morning at 9.30am...Coventry City Football Club are making further tickets available for Friday night’s return to the Ricoh Arena after approval from the Safety Advisory Group to open up more seats in the South Stand.

The club is opening up Block 11, which holds just over 1,000 supporters, for sale.

Some Season Tickets have been sold in that area already but the remaining seats will go on sale at the CCFC Superstore at the Gallagher Retail Park on Thursday morning at 9.30am. They will be limited to two per person and will be cash only to speed up the queue.

They will not be available online or over the phone.

Season Ticket holders from the 2012/13 season have until 5.30pm on Thursday to purchase their seat for the Gillingham game before they are released to other supporters.

All of those remaining tickets, which will be in all areas of the ground, will be made available via the www.ccfcshop.co.uk website at 9.30am on Friday morning but not over the phone or in store.

Those tickets purchased that morning will then be available for collection at the CCFC Superstore before 4pm on Friday or from the Ricoh Arena collection point from 5.30pm.

Again, they will be limited to two per person.

Steve Waggott, chief executive of Coventry City Football Club, said: “We are delighted that we can get more tickets on sale in the South Stand because we know there is very strong demand out there for our return to the Ricoh Arena.

“As I’ve said before, we’ve crammed eight weeks’ work into about eight days but the staff have been absolutely unbelievable in the way they have dealt with the workload.

“The reason we have decided to put the South Stand on cash sale from the store only is to serve those supporters who are unable to buy via the website and to free up the phones for other enquiries.

“Then, the tickets that go on sale on Friday morning will be on the web only so supporters who haven’t been able to get to the shop have the chance to get a ticket.

“We’ve limited them to two per person because, again, we want to give as many people the chance to buy a ticket and get to the game.

“You can feel the positivity around the city about our return to the Ricoh and long may that continue. We understand there have been a few teething problems around ticketing but I hope all of our supporters can see we are doing everything we can to get as many people in the stadium as possible in as fair a way as possible.

“Everyone is looking forward to Friday night and what should be a great occasion for the club and the city.”

Tickets for the match against Gillingham are priced at £10 for adults, £5 for concessions, £1 for children and free for Junior Sky Blues under the age of 12.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...arena-030914-1895258.aspx#6jRdqVUwhVQ0cCqo.99

Kingokings204

Just looked at the stadium plan and do we think block 11 is the furthest they will go along in the south stand because of the segregation etc?

Monners

Thanks for the thread. Will give it a go on Friday then - the issue now is: How do I fit Friday's work into today and tomorrow?

M&B Stand

Surely blocks 9&10 will be opened up before Friday. Common sense will prevail, one of the most benign fixtures in the calender and large numbers is seats left empty for segregation when demand is there to sell them.
It'll be hilarious if they leave them unsold.

orig skyblue87

Surely blocks 9&10 will be opened up before Friday. Common sense will prevail, one of the most benign fixtures in the calender and large numbers is seats left empty for segregation when demand is there to sell them.

Totally agree should sell as far across as possible leaving Gillingham with 1 block similar to the Crewe game.

mighty quinn

In my opinion way over the top with segregation. One block is more than enough .they will only bring about 500 .really silly and I blame the police .panic panic panic

westofrayne

That reads to me that they are only opening Block 11, Block 10 will not be sold unless I have misunderstood. It will be interesting to hear from people who have got a ST in Block 10 to see if they have been contacted by ticket office to move their seat for Friday?

If it is only Block 11, I'm confused as to why we need 2 blocks (Block 10 & 9) as segregation from the 3-500 Gilly fans, at a guess this is well over 2000 seats needlessly empty, I'm sure the TO are selling as many as they can but I'm sure when the Sth stand was opened up to home fans the last season at the Ricoh block 10 was used for home fans and Block 9 for segregation.

There is no mention of Blocks 29/30/31 - or have I missed this in another news release ???

To all supporters - It is not the TO staff's fault so please don't hassle them, they have done an amazing job over the last few weeks, the questions we need answering need to be asked of the Stadium advisory group who being a public body should have minutes available via the Freedom of information act if anybody feels the need to dig deeper.

Noggin

I wasn't expecting them to sell 9 but not selling 10 would be utterly ridiculous and im not sure how they could say with a straight face that it had been a positive meeting with the safety anal group.

LB87ccfc

Sisu were never going to sell out the stadium live on broadcasted television which is watched by millions around the world fo a homecoming game, after all it was them who moved us away in the first place, they would look ridiculous in the business world having a sold out stadium for the first game back at the Ricoh, they was never going to allow it to happen.

Noggin

Noggin - Is this true ? - if it is then it clearly shows that block 10 will not be open at all this season.

Jed Maxwell@Chatistuta 27m
@Coventry_City I notice the latest update shows blk 11 open. My ST is in Blk 10, can you let me know what's happening with blk 10 pls?

@Chatistuta Hi Jed. You will be located in Block 11 for the game. #pusb

Chris Langsford@Lancs85 36m
@Coventry_City are you releasing by block by block? As I am travelling a few hours.

@Lancs85 Hi Chris. Thursday is block 11 only.

Noggin

Gillingham are selling block 8 so that is a segregation of 2 large blocks, a good couple of thousand seats.

duffer

Thanks for the thread. Will give it a go on Friday then - the issue now is: How do I fit Friday's work into today and tomorrow?

It's going to be tricky that.

You can drink twice as much tea and coffee, and also spend double the time reading the paper in the bog I suppose - but there's only so long that you can sit and stare out of the window, and you don't want to be idly surfing the internet in the office until midnight. ;)

Monners

If it doesn't work out that I get th tickets I need, then may have to adopt a philosophical "there are plenty more games, I have waited over a year so one more week won't hurt etc...." approach.

There has been enough angst and pain over in the past to get too worked up in my view.

Having said that, it really is a right royal ocean going cock up of the highest order!

lewys33

What is the point in having a "bowl" stadium if you cant use 2 blocks worth of seats?? Are we the only club in the country that needs a huge segregation? I don't remember ever having such a large segregation at other "bowl" stadiums (unless attendance permits).

edgy

Sisu were never going to sell out the stadium live on broadcasted television which is watched by millions around the world fo a homecoming game, after all it was them who moved us away in the first place, they would look ridiculous in the business world having a sold out stadium for the first game back at the Ricoh, they was never going to allow it to happen.

Absolute bullshit. They'd sell tickets for outside if they were allowed and you know it.

Kingokings204

It shocks me with sisu being penny pinchers I thought they would open the whole ground now they are back. WHY NOT?

Each block has around 1000 seats so to sisu its worth 10k a block roughly. if Gills fans in block 8 they wont take more than that block of 1000 so 1 block segregation sure so keep 10 open as its been sold to season ticket holders anyway leaving block 9 clear. This is madness and just costing the club money and fans a chance to see us again.

I don't even believe block 9 should be shut off. WTF. Its a stadium ffs FILL IT. How much trouble are they expecting from 500 gills fans. Its a joke.

At premiership grounds where stakes are a lot higher etc such as Tottenham all it is a is a line of stewards so what are they playing at. Police are over cautious man. They just want less work to do.

Kingokings204

Or Sisu not wanting to lose face.

Don't believe this. Sisu want every penny its ffp remember lol

I agree with edgy if tickets were outside they would charge. Rumour has it sisu are going to start charging for air during the 90 minutes soon.

LB87ccfc

Absolute bullshit. They'd sell tickets for outside if they were allowed and you know it.

Explain why they never opened the whole lot then on the first day of general sale? or still haven't for that matter?
For me they don't want a two finger salute from the fans who will show they was wrong to take us out the city, after this game they will try and sell as much as possible, shame it will be back to 12k and fisher saying yep we only need 18k stadium at fisher fantasy land.

orig skyblue87

Why on earth wld they give Gills block 8 ? If there numbers are correct wont that leave at least 2 empty block the otherside of them too

Nick

Administrator
Explain why they never opened the whole lot then on the first day of general sale? or still haven't for that matter?
For me they don't want a two finger salute from the fans who will show they was wrong to take us out the city, after this game they will try and sell as much as possible, shame it will be back to 12k and fisher saying yep we only need 18k stadium at fisher fantasy land.

So what difference does 25-26k make to 30 odd K when it comes to what it looks like on TV? I could understand if they limited it to like 12k or something.

Why was there a safety meeting about releasing more tickets?

Kingokings204

Police? SAG?

As for the chants and salutes then 2000 fans wont make a difference to that. Will happen anyway. Sorry I don't agree with you on this one.

edgy

More codswallop. You do realise that ultimately the police and stadium advisory group decide what can or can't be done?

It wasn't as all released for sale because the club were in discussion with them, something the police confirmed. Or maybe the police are being paid off to fit in with your ridiculous conspiracy?

Users who are viewing this thread