furlough (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

Obviously wrong, I was just passing on what I had read :)

Last edited:

robbiekeane

What? Of course they can go work somewhere else just like any normal working person can quit their job while on furlough.
As long as they are out of contract or whatever

bawtryneal

I've been reading other teams forums, it seems Sheff Wed have furlouged their staff and the fans are not happy. (same as we have done, ( furloughed))
The main reason being it stops players from leaving. (they want players gone due to relegation), If on furlough they can't work anywhere else, so players can't move on.
Never thought of this. We have just put our players back on furlough, does that mean the ones who want to leave can't (or they give up all their payments and we pay them off for the remaining contract plus ) and the ones we want to sign we have to remove from furlough and pay back any furlough/tax paid?

Sheffield Wednesday players have NOT been furloughed.
A number have not been paid in full for April and May and the club is absolutely broke with appalling cash flow issues but it is not furloughing its players or staff.

pipkin73

A number have not been paid in full for April and May and the club is absolutely broke with appalling cash flow issues but it is not furloughing its players or staff.
Their supporters seem to think they have been

SAJ

I've been reading other teams forums, it seems Sheff Wed have furlouged their staff and the fans are not happy. (same as we have done, ( furloughed))
The main reason being it stops players from leaving. (they want players gone due to relegation), If on furlough they can't work anywhere else, so players can't move on.
Never thought of this. We have just put our players back on furlough, does that mean the ones who want to leave can't (or they give up all their payments and we pay them off for the remaining contract plus ) and the ones we want to sign we have to remove from furlough and pay back any furlough/tax paid?
Wtf. There are no restrictions on you leaving a company if you are on furlough.

pipkin73

Wtf. There are no restrictions on you leaving a company if you are on furlough.
Just posting what i read on their forum, Don't know the ins and outs of Furlough, we have ERTE out here and slightly different rules.

Grendel

They wanted to it seems but I assume the players rejected it

Grendel

Notice periods are no longer covered on furlough so I guess this is a grey area but the player could leave

bawtryneal

They wanted to it seems but I assume the players rejected it

There is a lot of stuff being written in the local press and the usual "bollox" on supporters forums. Most of it is gossip and politics against the owners.
If we/you think SISU are bad then I assure you we wouldn`t swop them for Chansiri and his team
All I know is the players and management have never been asked to be furloughed
However, they are trying to furlough some of the hospitality and marketing department employees

Grendel

There is a lot of stuff being written in the local press and the usual "bollox" on supporters forums. Most of it is gossip and politics against the owners.
If we/you think SISU are bad then I assure you we wouldn`t swop them for Chansiri and his team
All I know is the players and management have never been asked to be furloughed
However, they are trying to furlough some of the hospitality and marketing department employees

It’s in the independent, the telegraph the mail

Grendel

If it's in the Daily Mail it must be accurate 😉
Didn't have you down as a Daily Mail reader.

its in all the nationals - we are furloughing players so I’d be puzzled why they haven’t

Grendel

I thought on Furlough the employer has to pay the rest of the wages plus national insurance payments and pension contributions.

It doesn’t have to pay the extra wages

rob9872

Super sub for Liverpool back in the day

Grendel

pipkin73

OK, but 2.5k max I think so if Sheff Wed have players on 10-30k per week, then that is still a lot the employer still has to pay plus national insurance payments and pension contributions.
So for high earners Furlough is just an inconvenience but for the rest of us a saviour.
Think I've sussed it now (awaits someone to tell me I'm wrong again) lol

pipkin73

Up to a maximum of 2.5K per month. So if O'Hare is on 10K per week as said on here then the club still has to pay 37.5K plus national insurance payments and pension contributions per month to pay him 100% of his wages. 2.5K might be per week, I'm not sure, it's hard enough trying to work out what going on out here never mind the UK as well.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Up to a maximum of 2.5K per month. So if O'Hare is on 10K per week as said on here then the club still has to pay 37.5K plus national insurance payments and pension contributions per month to pay him 100% of his wages. 2.5K might be per week, I'm not sure, it's hard enough trying to work out what going on out here never mind the UK as well.
Suppose every little thing helps

better days

I look after this for the firm I work for
It's max £2.5 per month per employee now
The company can make up the difference - many do
Everything is paid to the employee by the company as usual and the company claims the furlough amount back from HMRC
HMRC used to pay pension contributions etc too but this has been discontinued
SWFC must be in pretty dire straights to need to furlough players again
There was talk of us doing it during the first lockdown but I believe we decided against it

Reactions: TTG

pipkin73

Everything is paid to the employee by the company as usual and the company claims the furlough amount back from HMRC
There was talk of us doing it during the first lockdown but I believe we decided against it
I believe we did, as MR said he could not get the players together and train them as that would stop the payments.
He said he was keeping track on them as they downloaded an app that the club could follow to see who trained and how much they did, O'Hare was always top of this.
Think they have just said that they have done it again for the closed season.

pipkin73

Interesting
Looks like SWFC situation isn't dissimilar if they are making up the difference for the players
That's the big IF, they have been late paying players already.
Fans think the reason players won't accept it (not sure how they can turn it down), is it would stop them from being able to move on to other teams. Not sure this is correct as other posters have made good points.
Can only think that if you join a team that's Furlohing players, they might not be able to sign you.
Can't see HMRC liking paying players wages whilst you pay money for new players and then add them to Furlough.

Grendel

we are furloughing aren’t we?

pipkin73

Just a thought, but from the way SW fans have reacted saying it could stop transfers, could WE keep our players on Furlough whilst trying to sign new players?

Monty

Just a thought, but from the way SW fans have reacted saying it could stop transfers, could WE keep our players on Furlough whilst trying to sign new players?
Yes, as they won't be on our wage bill until 1 July, when we will be unfuloughing our players for pre-season anyway

Users who are viewing this thread