Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

As we’ve all said a million times Wednesday was shit. But I genuinely think it was a one off and we’ll be back to ourselves tomorrow, it’s just a shame it’s agains such a strong team, as that may stop us getting truly back to our best.

I know the left side took a battering on Wednesday, both on the pitch and on here, but I wouldn’t change it. Pre Wednesday I thought JCS was really improving and looking a good fit. Let’s hope that is the case and Wednesday isn’t his default self.

Maasten seems to take a fair bit of stick each game and it’s unfair in my view. Yes he gets caught out up the field when play breaks down, but if we’re seeing it so is MR, AV etc. So either he’s ill disciplined and doesn’t listen or he has the license to push forward at will. I’d say it’s the latter. Defensively he’s fine, but definitely room for improvement, however it’s lazy to say he’s poor cause he’s small.

Wasn’t entirely convinced by Kane in his cameos but he’s been better the more he’s played (not surprising really), but Dabo should come back in. He offers something completely different and will give them something to worry about with his directness and willingness to run.

Don’t agree with calls to start a half fit Kelly over Sheaf. Kelly’s leadership, know how and covering play would be useful but not at half pace when there’s a fully fit and capable player available.

If Waghorn is injured then it needs to be Godden I think. I like Walker but he isn’t going to harass players, and while it isn’t Goddens game is more likely to do that team role. Equally wouldn’t be disappointed to see Walker, him and Gyokeres on paper work.

2-1, last minute thump of a header from Hyam.

slowpoke

As we’ve all said a million times Wednesday was shit. But I genuinely think it was a one off and we’ll be back to ourselves tomorrow, it’s just a shame it’s agains such a strong team, as that may stop us getting truly back to our best.

I know the left side took a battering on Wednesday, both on the pitch and on here, but I wouldn’t change it. Pre Wednesday I thought JCS was really improving and looking a good fit. Let’s hope that is the case and Wednesday isn’t his default self.

Maasten seems to take a fair bit of stick each game and it’s unfair in my view. Yes he gets caught out up the field when play breaks down, but if we’re seeing it so is MR, AV etc. So either he’s ill disciplined and doesn’t listen or he has the license to push forward at will. I’d say it’s the latter. Defensively he’s fine, but definitely room for improvement, however it’s lazy to say he’s poor cause he’s small.

Wasn’t entirely convinced by Kane in his cameos but he’s been better the more he’s played (not surprising really), but Dabo should come back in. He offers something completely different and will give them something to worry about with his directness and willingness to run.

Don’t agree with calls to start a half fit Kelly over Sheaf. Kelly’s leadership, know how and covering play would be useful but not at half pace when there’s a fully fit and capable player available.

If Waghorn is injured then it needs to be Godden I think. I like Walker but he isn’t going to harass players, and while it isn’t Goddens game is more likely to do that team role. Equally wouldn’t be disappointed to see Walker, him and Gyokeres on paper work.

2-1, last minute thump of a header from Hyam.
Who says Kelly is half fit.

Legia Sky Blue

Teams that take a tonking like we did on Wednesday, often react with a positive result in their next match so hoping that's the case with us. We obviously could have hoped for easier looking opposition but it is what it is. I do worry about Hamer's absence given his influence on our home form, where his ability to switch play has been very influential in our forward play.

Brighton Sky Blue

Teams that take a tonking like we did on Wednesday, often react with a positive result in their next match so hoping that's the case with us. We obviously could have hoped for easier looking opposition but it is what it is. I do worry about Hamer's absence given his influence on our home form, where his ability to switch play has been very influential in our forward play.

If Sheaf starts and has a strong game here it’ll be pretty sweet. Hope he gets the chance and takes it with both hands

lifeskyblue

Whatever the result today I’m hoping for a better performance; better discipline in keeping shape/roles as well as back to holding ball and running into space. Fulham are going to possibly be top of the pile in May and today will be a good barometer of where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

Think another pasting is on the cards. We looked lethargic Wednesday and thats not going to be helped by playing 48 hours ago and then an early kick off.

Hamer will be a huge miss. Im a fan of sheaf but hes not Hamer level is he.

0-3

Evo1883

Oh and looking at the ticket sales , it will be a good crowd too .. maybe not posh but not far off

Macca

Think another pasting is on the cards. We looked lethargic Wednesday and thats not going to be helped by playing 48 hours ago and then an early kick off.

Hamer will be a huge miss. Im a fan of sheaf but hes not Hamer level is he.

0-3

I was say we need to score 2 or 3 and hope for a draw. Never know though, weather may be a leveller

Brighton Sky Blue

I was say we need to score 2 or 3 and hope for a draw. Never know though, weather may be a leveller

Also depends if Fulham have an off day too, you just never know in this league. Look after our own performance and it will be close

Tommo1993

If we’re not gonna hit them from the off, Just hold them for the first half, don’t concede. Second half is anybody’s. Concede early and it’s game over, don’t think the likes of expected promotion candidates need any more encouragement than seeing your opponent get tonked 5-0 earlier in the week.

Users who are viewing this thread