Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Moore

Hyam
Fadz
Rose
Dabo
Maatsen
Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Gyokeres
Waghorn

Though I could see Sheaf coming in for Waghorn and a return to the box
I’d have thought sheafs performance last night will have put paid to him starting against Fulham and certainly now behind Kelly.

CCFC54321

If I was Rose I would be furious if I wasn't selected to start after last night's defensive performance. However, if he does I can only imagine it will be for Clarke-Salter, which will then impact the balance. McFadzean being taken off early suggests he will start and Hyam was by far the best of the back 3.
I would think Kelly might start in midfield but it is a big ask to get up to speed against such tough opposition. I hope Allen keeps his place.
I wonder why Walker has been preferred to Godden coming from the bench considering Godden's winner v Reading?
Would you drop Clarke salter after one bad game?

Brighton Sky Blue

Apart from the best striker in the division and the fact they are flying.

I can’t get over that shit show last night. Hopefully perk up by tomorrow.

Our only away win has come at a place they've lost. Yes they're favourites but that means little in this league

CCFC54321

If last nights performance determines who plays Saturday we'll be starting the U23s
I can’t help but think the attitude and application was missing last night. Two many of them starting to think there the dogs bollocks and got a wake up call.
Hopefully last night was the best thing that can happen to them and if they have any brains they’ll learn from it.

Woolly68

Got a feeling this won’t be goalless. I reckon it will be either 1-1 or 2-2. I’d take either at the moment.

SkyblueTexan

I can’t help but think the attitude and application was missing last night. Two many of them starting to think there the dogs bollocks and got a wake up call.
Hopefully last night was the best thing that can happen to them and if they have any brains they’ll learn from it.
I really do hope yesterday was a wake up call and a one-off. Yes, it was an embarrassment, but I hope they come back angry and motivated (much like how Luton took out all their frustrations and anger on us for not having won their last however many games). They need to carry that motivation throughout the season whether home or away. I hope yesterday's wasn't a case of a team exposing all our weaknesses such that we cannot plan a counter strategy to overcome it. We bounced back after the QPR loss, but at least we were competitive in that game. Yesterday was a case of being totally outclassed in every aspect and I just could not wait for the game to be over barely 30 mins in.

CCFC54321

I really do hope yesterday was a wake up call and a one-off. Yes, it was an embarrassment, but I hope they come back angry and motivated (much like how Luton took out all their frustrations and anger on us for not having won their last however many games). They need to carry that motivation throughout the season whether home or away. I hope yesterday's wasn't a case of a team exposing all our weaknesses such that we cannot plan a counter strategy to overcome it. We bounced back after the QPR loss, but at least we were competitive in that game. Yesterday was a case of being totally outclassed in every aspect and I just could not wait for the game to be over barely 30 mins in.
You would be expecting that someone/some of the senior players will be demanding a reaction and some utter fury in there performance on Saturday v Fulham.

Paxman II

I think we must be careful not to over estimate Fulham. yes lets show some respect but just play our game. It will cause them plenty of problems. So we were atrocious at Luton, but it happens. It either acts as a wake up call or we fall away. Somehow from what I've seen of these players it was just a bad night and wake up call. They will be a bit edgy the first 10 minutes and we must keep a clean sheet during that 10 minutes then start to play our game. Hamer is a big miss so I hope Robins can figure who starts in his place. As he said there are players chomping at the bit to get a game. draw is very likely but we can sneak this one and forget all about Luton for a while.

Evo1883

Not sure about this .. they are obviously a good side and we've just come off the back of a hiding .

I'd be happy just to not lose but I think our pitch will suit them , 2-0 defeat

stupot07

You could easily make 5-6 changes after Wednesdays performance. I would bring in Dabo for Maatsen, that will give clarke-salter more protection. As poor as Clarke-Salter was, I think I'd rest McFadzean. Seeing how poor Kelly was against Peterborough, I really can't see him starting tomorrow. Sheaf has to come in for Hamer.

Moore

Kane
Hyam
Rose
Clarke-Salter
Dabo

Sheaf
Allen
O'hare

Waghorn
Gyokeres

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Maybe we can get Insulate Britain to block the motorway again and stop them coming up?

Marty

Another heavy loss 7-0. Mitrovic with 5.

Bugsy

….PUSB

Harries11

Looking forward to this one despite the result Wednesday. Would like to see Clarke-Salter rested and give Rose a run out, but think MR will keep with central defenders. As solid as Kane has been, we have definitely missed Dabo, and wouldnt surprise me if he rests Maatsen and starts either Kane or Dabo at LWB as the left hand side was targeted by Luton. Hamer will leave a gap in the middle, i personally would like to see Kelly come in just to bring that bit of leadership on to the pitch. My head says 1-1 draw, but i can see us responding to the Luton game and pulling up some trees.

Cov 2 - 1 Fulham.

Jagmannn

I think the fans will be on edge more than the team ...need to get some shots in early to raise the spirits of the fans ....but i know the SBA will be doing all that they can to help .......PUSB

Skybluebeliever

Can see sheaf and Kelly starting
Think there is a slight doubt over waghorne
Don’t think there will be many other changes , our home form has been outstanding

Sky Blue Harry H

If we have a go, and don't have a repeat of the jitters at the back, i can accept losing to a decent team (which Fulham are). Don't want a Luton repeat, as that will be deflating for fans and players. If I return from the game hoarse, I will have done my bit!!

edgy

Can see sheaf and Kelly starting
Think there is a slight doubt over waghorne
Don’t think there will be many other changes , our home form has been outstanding

It has, a big proportion of that success has to be attributed to Allen and Hamer. I fear for us if we start Sheaf and Kelly.

Evo1883

"A crowd of over 18,000 is expected and we advise fans to arrive early."

This was a couple hours before the posh match at the top and almost 24 hours before the Fulham game bottom
Screenshot_20211001-144348_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211001-144105_Chrome.jpg

Probably about 1500 down at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread