Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (1 Viewer)

theferret

Wasn't confident about this game before last night, let alone with that massive dent in confidence.

Add in the loss of Hamer, and the early kick-off which usually results in quite a flat atmosphere and I think it could be a long, nervous afternoon. We'll certainly be without the ball for long spells, so will be interesting to see how we set up.

All that said, this manager and set of players continue to surprise, so who knows.

PVA

Moore

Hyam
Fadz
Rose
Dabo
Maatsen
Kelly
Allen
O’Hare
Gyokeres
Waghorn

Though I could see Sheaf coming in for Waghorn and a return to the box

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Draw would be fine but we need to get exorcise yesterday's performance. Not sure whether to keep the same team where possible and give them the chance to redeem themselves after one bad game or to mix it up.

Fulham aren't likely to play the same way as Luton and we'll have the bigger pitch as well.

Worried that Fulham will have noted yesterday and makes sure Mitrovic is up against JCS. Of coursse if we drop him we're missing the natural left-footer.
Would consider moving Kane across for Dabo coming back in.
Despite his terrible cameo yesterday I'd let Sheaf start and keep Kelly on the bench.

Moore
Hyam Fadz Rose
Dabo Sheaf Allen Kane
O'Hare
Waghorn Gyokeres

Wilson, JCS, Maatsen, Kelly, Jones, Walker, Godden​

shmmeee

Wonder whether Robins will bring Dabo in and shift Kane to LWB to accommodate a rest for Maatsen?

Thought it was interesting the short time we’ve had Dabo and Kane on at the same time it was Dabo that went LWB.

Kanes real strength is his ability to whip a ball in, which I’d think would be neutered on the left somewhat. Dabo might actually be better cutting in considering his poorer crossing ability.

PVA

Thought it was interesting the short time we’ve had Dabo and Kane on at the same time it was Dabo that went LWB.

Kanes real strength is his ability to whip a ball in, which I’d think would be neutered on the left somewhat. Dabo might actually be better cutting in considering his poorer crossing ability.

Pretty sure last time Kane went to left wing back.

Think it was the Cardiff game.

He got done down the left (he appealed for a foul) and they crossed the ball in for Collins to head wide from 6 yards.

shmmeee

He got done down the left (he appealed for a foul) and they crossed the ball in for Collins to head wide from 6 yards.

It was the Boro game I was thinking of. You’re right I’d forgotten he went on against Cardiff as well.

slowpoke

Draw would be fine but we need to get exorcise yesterday's performance. Not sure whether to keep the same team where possible and give them the chance to redeem themselves after one bad game or to mix it up.

Fulham aren't likely to play the same way as Luton and we'll have the bigger pitch as well.

Worried that Fulham will have noted yesterday and makes sure Mitrovic is up against JCS. Of coursse if we drop him we're missing the natural left-footer.
Despite his terrible cameo yesterday I'd let Sheaf start and keep Kelly on the bench.

Moore
Hyam Fadz Rose
Dabo Sheaf Allen Kane
O'Hare
Waghorn Gyokeres

I doubt MR will drop JCS on the strength of one poor performance he wasn’t on his own both McFadz and Maatsen either side of him were almost as bad, I think the suggestion of Dabo back at RWB and Kane in place of Maatsen might happen, I also think Kelly will start

pusbccfc

Moore
Hyam Fadz Rose
Dabo Sheaf Allen Kane
O'Hare
Waghorn Gyokeres

This is the team I'd go with but with Maatsen in. Don't fancy Kane at LB unless we are totally forced into it.

Mitrovic is a powerful but not as mobile as the Luton striker last night. I'd prefer Rose in there.

However, Robins will play JCS because he won't want to throw him under the bus by dropping him. I'm sure he'll tell him to make up for it on Saturday.

Dabo 100% RWB.

shmmeee

Kelly looked pretty poor in his cameo against Peterborough and tellingly didn’t come on yesterday so I’d be surprised if he came on, unless we drop Allen as well.

SlowerThanPlatt

This is the team I'd go with but with Maatsen in. Don't fancy Kane at LB unless we are totally forced into it.

Mitrovic is a powerful but not as mobile as the Luton striker last night. I'd prefer Rose in there.

However, Robins will play JCS because he won't want to throw him under the bus by dropping him. I'm sure he'll tell him to make up for it on Saturday.

Dabo 100% RWB.

Mitrovic 36 goals in his last 50 Championship games

slowpoke

Thought Kane slipped rather than done was an error yes and he got lucky

Hod dog

the fact he took hamer off and brought sheaf on half time was a sign he wanted to get minutes in to the player who will be playing v fulham so i expect to see sheaf starting, i would also bring walker in for waghorn give him his shot, he has the one start away at barnsley where i felt he started that game well until he had to go off, but wouldnt care if waghorn or godden are picked. Dabo back of course

---------------Moore
---------Hyam- Fadz - JCS
Dabo--------------------------Maatsen
-----------Allen -----Sheaf
------------------O hare
-------------Viktor Walker

Liquid Gold

Big question as to how we approach this game. Is it practical to try and continue how we've been playing at home and take the game to them but risk being outclassed or would it be better to go more defensive, maybe with the box, and try to stifle them a little bit.

Macca1987

My changes would be Dabo and Kelly in, with Allen and O'Hare piling forward, I think Kelly mops up better across the back line

Jamesimus

Could we maybe see the return of one up top?

Either way, I'm praying for some kind of reaction and performance, even if the result doesn't go our way, just want to see a battle.

steve101

If I was Rose I would be furious if I wasn't selected to start after last night's defensive performance. However, if he does I can only imagine it will be for Clarke-Salter, which will then impact the balance. McFadzean being taken off early suggests he will start and Hyam was by far the best of the back 3.
I would think Kelly might start in midfield but it is a big ask to get up to speed against such tough opposition. I hope Allen keeps his place.
I wonder why Walker has been preferred to Godden coming from the bench considering Godden's winner v Reading?

CDK

Home win ,just think Fulham are not the complete package especially away from London,would like to see rose in on Saturday as best playing out from the back.hyam to replace Mcfadz with JCS on left side.

matesx

Yesterday was a major screw up and hopefully an anomaly. We should have nothing to fear from Ful;ham
Apart from the best striker in the division and the fact they are flying.

I can’t get over that shit show last night. Hopefully perk up by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread