Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

And I'm still unsure what Mitrovic was screaming for. Definitely wasn't intentionally blocked. He knocked the ball past JCS who was a yard away from him and then ran into the defender. Where did he expect JCS to go ? Just move out of his way ?

Shows our defence did its work to get him that rattled

Samo

God knows- I mean we weren’t brilliant in the first half but we were well in the game, bit disjointed and a comedy own goal, emotions run high I guess.

Shame though, thats exactly when the lads need us.

stevefloyd

Unbelievable. I just can’t believe what is happening to this club. We really can’t get greedy though, might seem negative after this start but even a mid-table finish would be a brilliant season. The fact that we can even be dreaming of the play-offs is just incredible
Sod the play offs we're going for the automatics 😀

SkyblueTexan

What a great second half response to a tepid, timid performance in the first half. We didn't play particularly poorly and gifted them a goal. Apart from that it was pretty even and neither side troubled each other too much. I did say in my earlier post that if we were a little braver we could get at least a draw. We were much better in the last third in the 2nd half, pressed better and forced errors. Fulham didn't look too comfortable when pressed even in the first half and folded in the second. Now if we can translate these home performances on our travels, the sky's literally the limit.

mds

Brilliant, pretty even first half, they blew it in the second and we just kept on at them and more than deserved that result. Really expected a lot more from Fulham.
Didnt give us a chance against these, what can you say..........brilliant ;)
10 games is where you get a truer reflection of teams and how things are looking, we are 11 games in have played 7 of the teams that finished in the top half last season plus fulham, we are 3rd.

Brilliant!!!

PUSB

Edit - Yes its brilliant ;)

CCFCBat

I wasn't at the game but it was strange how negative it seemed on here at half time... was the first half that bad?
Or is fan confidence so brittle that one hiding makes that much difference?

The latter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc92

The ball is played when the player's in an offside position, then he touches the ball in his own half and the kick is taken from there

"Apparently the rule changed before this season, so the free kick is now taken from where the player touches the ball. So whilst you can't be given offside if you are in your own half, the free kick can be taken from inside it. "

*bangs humble pie into the oven...

Apologies 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

torchomatic

My comment on the game is the same as it was against Luton:

"Fuck. I am genuinely shell-shocked".

tigersb

Sensational second half from us,who knows what this team can achieve
The winter transfer window is going to be huge for us though
We need to keep all our best players

Happy_Martian

Just watched the highlights and to balance for the penalty that shouldn't have been, Fulham's goal shouldn't have been allowed to stand either. As the corner is played in, Mitrovic has both hands grabbing onto McFadz' shirt collar so he had to have been impeding the player. Ref was close by and ignored it. Both goals could be cancelled out but we still win 3-0 :D

stupot07

"Apparently the rule changed before this season, so the free kick is now taken from where the player touches the ball. So whilst you can't be given offside if you are in your own half, the free kick can be taken from inside it. "

Apologies :rolleyes:
Stupid rule change that adds nothing

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Just watched the highlights and to balance for the penalty that shouldn't have been, Fulham's goal shouldn't have been allowed to stand either. As the corner is played in, Mitrovic has both hands grabbing onto McFadz' shirt collar so he had to have been impeding the player. Ref was close by and ignored it. Both goals could be cancelled out but we still win 3-0 :D

After the disgraceful penalty on Wednesday I couldn’t give a shiny shite about todays. At least we dived in the box.

wingy

After the disgraceful penalty on Wednesday I couldn’t give a shiny shite about todays. At least we dived in the box.
It's just like many teams that manage to lever themselves from out of this league .
Usually the 'fashionable media favourites'.
It's our turn .
Believe!!

mds

Apologies 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Pretty sure it changed around 2016\17 remember having this discussion at the Ricoh before we went to Birmingham for exactly the same thing.

Dirk Turpin

First half you could see we had it in us to play but things didn't quite just click, the odd stray pass breaking the flow etc.

The Luton match looks like a way back in the rear view mirror now. We were shocking against them but like I said bad day at the office. A match to silence the "flash in the pan" crowd.

Gyokeres made Mitrovic look like they were a striker short today and grabbed a bloke off the burger van outside

ccfc92

Pretty sure it changed around 2016\17 remember having this discussion at the Ricoh before we went to Birmingham for exactly the same thing.

Genuinely didn't know, let's just hope none of our players sprint to our own box haha.

Users who are viewing this thread