From a YTFC Perspective (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

Ignore the trolls on here. A honest opposing fans view is always welcome here from the genuine fans

superskyblue

Thats just total crap to be honest mate, the fact is hes come in here for a chat cause hes lonely cause there is not much to do in Yeovil. We all know if were shit or good we dont need a Yeovil fans perspective to tell us that, and if you do you haven't got a clue yourself. I think he should piss off.

You're making some very educated points Sisu_cock

mark82

Thats just total crap to be honest mate, the fact is hes come in here for a chat cause hes lonely cause there is not much to do in Yeovil. We all know if were shit or good we dont need a Yeovil fans perspective to tell us that, and if you do you haven't got a clue yourself. I think he should piss off.

What a fucking cock you are. Would rather have people like philtheglover on here over you any day. You are a top class prick.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well he was put off from signing up due to "a lot of stuff in the other threads on there", but here's my Yeovil-supporting mates verdict:

"To be honest it was quite an even game, we were the better side in the first half and you caught us cold with the goal really. Although our goal was a similar goal from a set piece.

Both sides had a few good chances although we probably had the better ones but were just a bit unlucky and you only seemed to come into the game when we started getting tired near the end.

Your style of play seemed to be boot it up long to someone up front too. And that Cody MacDonald is very fond of diving around on the floor. Wasn't very impressed with your fans either, they were quiet for most of the match bar 5 minutes after the goal and play had to be halted at one point to get a smoke flare off the pitch.

Good game though. Very enjoyable to watch and I certainly think this Yeovil side is looking like the best side for a few years. Upson, Reid, Webster and the keeper Stech all look class acts and the rest of the team look like good players rather than the journeymen we're used to

I hope Coventry can play better football than the long ball stuff today though for your sake, it was pretty unappetising."

In a sense, we can maybe take some encouragement that he really rates their present side. The long-ball City game is what worries me, though.
He sounds very biased tbh
"Wasn't impressed with fans" when we bought 2k and the Mcdonald likes diving when according to most people he had a stone wall penalty turned down

We hit the bar and Mcdonald had 3 or 4 clear chances to score and a penalty turned down yet they had the better of the chances

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah well I gave him some stick about his views on Cody, said he isn't a diver and the Yeovil guy trod on his foot.

But yeah, he is biased, he's a Yeovil fan after all.

There have also been a few people post negatively about our fans, saying we were negative and booed a lot rather than "supporting", and they are City fans saying that.

Ashdown

'Sisu cockroaches'..............Oh dear, what a bright spark !! Had a chat with a steward at Huish yesterday, he was a bit shocked by the City fans arrogance, idiots slagging off the town of Yeovil, its small but tidy stadium, its people and its facilities on the day. I'd say to the guilty pricks that showed yourselves and the City of Coventry up with your yobbish brain dead performance, next time, don't bother !!

blueflint

wish you would piss off thats the worst thread ive seen here

1nilandwe...

Hahahaha you lot are too easy. Honestly who cares about Yeovil there a hideous club. We should be arrogant because they are beneath us.

That's a great attitude to take. I hope that you implement this throughout your whole life. And make sure that you pass this on to your kids too.

ytfcfan

Hahahaha you lot are too easy. Honestly who cares about Yeovil there a hideous club. We should be arrogant because they are beneath us.

you are a disgrace to your club and are a bad example of an ambassador.. for those slandering yeovil as a place, were a small town not built with lots of money and will never have enough revenue to be able to support higher tier football like yourselves, but we make do with what we have. THAT in my eyes is what football is about and i feel we as a club represent an example of how football should be and not surrounded by money and living beyond our means. I literally had to register on your fans forum Sisu just to tell you how much of a disgrace you are and if any administrator had any sense, they would revoke your rights to post on here again! all the best for those fans who made the atmosphere the way it was yesterday (except the flare thowers) and will look foward to the return fixture. all the best for the season :)

kg82

Were there inflatables?

A few, but not many. The only one I can remember was someone right down the front with a pink flamingo!

Astute, did your son get in the away end? I saw someone with a Motherwell top on right next to me, thought it could be him!

Last edited:

Macca

you are a disgrace to your club and are a bad example of an ambassador.. for those slandering yeovil as a place, were a small town not built with lots of money and will never have enough revenue to be able to support higher tier football like yourselves, but we make do with what we have. THAT in my eyes is what football is about and i feel we as a club represent an example of how football should be and not surrounded by money and living beyond our means. I literally had to register on your fans forum Sisu just to tell you how much of a disgrace you are and if any administrator had any sense, they would revoke your rights to post on here again! all the best for those fans who made the atmosphere the way it was yesterday (except the flare thowers) and will look foward to the return fixture. all the best for the season :)

You ve got more chance of financially supporting higher tier football than we have

ytfcfan

You ve got more chance of financially supporting higher tier football than we have

i meant it more hypothetically in the way of Coventry being a large city with a bigger fan base. In terms of financial stability we hold our ground as much as any other small club in the league. A good reason to have a cap on expenditures on wages and other nominal fees :)

Sky_Blue_Ste

i meant it more hypothetically in the way of Coventry being a large city with a bigger fan base. In terms of financial stability we hold our ground as much as any other small club in the league. A good reason to have a cap on expenditures on wages and other nominal fees :)

At least you own your ground!

Ashdown

YTFC.................Please be assured that most of us are decent and respectful people from this part of the world, football crowds don't always show populations in their best light. Even with our support yesterday, 90% were still okay and you must also take the positives like the revenue that we generated for your club and the local pubs and eateries. It wasn't all negative !!

ytfcfan

YTFC.................Please be assured that most of us are decent and respectful people from this part of the world, football crowds don't always show populations in their best light. Even with our support yesterday, 90% were still okay and you must also take the positives like the revenue that we generated for your club and the local pubs and eateries. It wasn't all negative !!

i was only criticizing the flare throwers and that specific supporter. i already thanked those who made the atmosphere the way it was? i think you may have taken my post the wrong way :p

RichieGunns

That's the sort of attitude that got us in this position. We are not a big club. We have not earned the right to believe ourselves better than clubs like yeovil. We are in the same league now and therefore on the same level and with pricks like you people will begin to see us as lower than them because you make us look like uncivilized neanderfalls.

Just because we have a bigger stadium and come from a bigger city does not make us better! So get that into your tiny brain please and sort out your attitude while you're at it!

SkyBlueScottie

Exceuse me for coming onto your forum and posting but I often look at oppositions forum to see what thier take on the match was.

Todays was a good game and both teams played some reasonable stuff at times.

Both teams could have won the game.

I don't know which of your players it was but about 20 minutes from time hit an absolute blinder that struck our post.

Shortly after we had what looked like a good goal disallowed.

I think Coventry will do OK in this division and should be pushing towards the top of the league.

I have seen numerous "big" teams come down to us at Huish Park and go away wondering what happened.

Ultimately at this level money talks and all of the bigger clubs seem to go up after a year or two.

Enjoy the experience and I thought your support was pretty decent.

A decent fair view, I think a lot of our fans dissapointment comes from slightly skewwed expectations.

Well he was put off from signing up due to "a lot of stuff in the other threads on there", but here's my Yeovil-supporting mates verdict:

"To be honest it was quite an even game, we were the better side in the first half and you caught us cold with the goal really. Although our goal was a similar goal from a set piece.

Both sides had a few good chances although we probably had the better ones but were just a bit unlucky and you only seemed to come into the game when we started getting tired near the end.

Your style of play seemed to be boot it up long to someone up front too. And that Cody MacDonald is very fond of diving around on the floor. Wasn't very impressed with your fans either, they were quiet for most of the match bar 5 minutes after the goal and play had to be halted at one point to get a smoke flare off the pitch.

Good game though. Very enjoyable to watch and I certainly think this Yeovil side is looking like the best side for a few years. Upson, Reid, Webster and the keeper Stech all look class acts and the rest of the team look like good players rather than the journeymen we're used to

I hope Coventry can play better football than the long ball stuff today though for your sake, it was pretty unappetising."
In a sense, we can maybe take some encouragement that he really rates their present side. The long-ball City game is what worries me, though.

He adds that he thinks we're pretty dis-respectful!

"I can understand it but I read a lot of stuff about what a small club Yeovil is blah blah blah. We are a small club but what happens on the pitch is what matters. And I mean I'm proud we keep the ball on the deck and try and play a bit, so I was a bit surprised to see a big team come down and play long ball against us."

We next play them in our league on 9th February 2013. So bad luck with that hope!

I care about a Yeovil perspective as a person I know who is a Yeovil fan was there, and I pretty much respect his views on all things sporting more than anyone else I know. I've worked with him on a project and trust his judgement.

Sorry I dont on this. His slant on things is no different to the majority of city fans, he trys to remain impartial during the 1st sentence but then everything is slanted towards Yeovil. His opinion is also given while feeling as though our fans have been disrespectful. All of the above is fine until you start hoisting his view as the bastion truth, purity, virginity and virtue.

Sorry, from what I saw today we weren't outplayed, just people expecting us to outplay them and win big. They were the better team before the goal, we grew into it after that, then they scored and it was pretty even. 2nd half we were the better team, just, and had a lot of chances to win, including an absolute stonewall penalty (and red card) that the ref somehow missed. Their disallowed goal you could see from our end he used his arm to control it. Barton's shot that hit the post was fantastic, but the play leading up to it was even better. McDonald's should have had a hat-trick, his miss at the end was unbelievable. BUT, what I did like was that he was easily out-muscling their 2 big CB's all game - 3-4 times he did it and created something.

All in all an even game but we had by far the better of the chances.

Pretty much what I thought to be honest, Cody could have had a hattrick, we seemed to slip into going too direct too early, I think we will play better as the season goes on. Including the last of pre season games we have not been beaten for a while now. BIg game on Tuesday, win your home games, draw your aways and that adds up to a successful season.

Nonleagueherewecome

A decent fair view, I think a lot of our fans dissapointment comes from slightly skewwed expectations.

Sorry I dont on this. His slant on things is no different to the majority of city fans, he trys to remain impartial during the 1st sentence but then everything is slanted towards Yeovil. His opinion is also given while feeling as though our fans have been disrespectful. All of the above is fine until you start hoisting his view as the bastion truth, purity, virginity and virtue.

Pretty much what I thought to be honest, Cody could have had a hattrick, we seemed to slip into going too direct too early, I think we will play better as the season goes on. Including the last of pre season games we have not been beaten for a while now. BIg game on Tuesday, win your home games, draw your aways and that adds up to a successful season.

Easy there! It's not a football project I work on with him, it's another sport, and in that he's not judging anyone he supports. Of course he's biased like most City fans, I say as much elsewhere-he's a Yeovil fan! I've already said he's biased. But as a Yeovil fan at the game, he gives us a different perspective, and in general he'll be more objective about us than many CCFC fans.

YTFCLynx

Hi there, I'm NLHWC's 'Yeovil fwend' :D, I did find that quite funny too.

I was initially a bit hesitant to join because I read that cockroach lads posts and didn't fancy it but I can see from most of the other posts in here that like our own forums, cockroach is just one bell end amongst an otherwise normal bunch of blokes.

To clarify and summarise some things as some of the stuff NLHWC forwarded from me was said whilst I was a bit wound up from reading some of the bilge the likes of Sisu_cockroach have been posting:

I thought the game yesterday was a good one, it was pretty even and the chances were quite evenly spread. The Football League show's highlights did seem to suggest that you could of won the game three times but the same could be said for us really as they didn't show any of the good chances we had including a good save from your keeper after Reuben Reid chested it past the last defender. Barton's curler would of been a beaut though had it gone in.

Regarding your fans, they seemed like a good lot, I can respect anyone who brings down 2000 and the noise that they kicked out after your goal was truly something to behold, possibly the loudest I've heard any fans down our way. The only disappointment was that they were a bit quiet the rest of the time, but then you only had 35% possession or so and I know from supporting England what that's like to watch. The smoke flare was a bit odd as well, used to seeing that in big stadiums in Turkey not on a summers day at Huish Park!

I can understand that your used to playing at a higher level and came down expecting to walk it as like some have said the bookies have already written Yeovil off as relegation favourites. But it's important to remember that they've done that every season. Skiverton and Slade kept us up on a shoestring budget several times but the squad Gary Johnson has assembled this season is a totally different animal, without doubt we are aiming for the top half this year. We're also a side that plays with the ball on the floor as much as possible which can be a rarity at this level. League One is also a really tough and tight league, there's a reason why Leeds and others have spent more than one season down here. Someone said that we played above ourselves too, I can categorically tell you that isn't the case, most of our fans were actually quite disappointed with how a couple of our players played (the fullbacks mainly) and it was a bit annoying that injury robbed us of our third choice centre half who I am sure would of replaced Hinds after he took a knock after going up for a corner, he looked pretty groggy and just gangly after that.

Maybe I am being harsh about Cody MacDonald as well, I've only seen him play the once afterall, but he did seem to go down easily once or twice and spent a fair amount of time shouting at the ref which isn't pleasant from any player. One of ours did this too and was deservedly booked.

Regarding your side, the long ball tactics were a bit unappetising. But towards the end of the game as our side tired you started to see the extra nous that some of your lads have with the ball being spread a bit wider and some more chances being created. A few of the lads like Barton looked like good little players so that bodes well for you. I think you have the potential to go up first time of asking but it will be a long hard slog that will do your young players a lot of good rather than a walk in the park.

All the best for the coming season, NLHWC needs a good season purely for his own sanity, just don't underestimate the Yeovil when we come up to your place :).

Last edited:

philtheglover

Update

I have very much enjoyed reading the replies to my initial post.

I really enjoyed yesterdays game because of the amount of fans you brought down and the atmosphere they helped create. The noise generated just lifts the whole experience no matter what is going on in the game. Yesterdays just happened also to be a good, open end to end type of game with both teams having chances etc.

You will find many small clubs will come to your ground with not much more than a handfull of fans and it does put a damper on the game.

I think if you are coming into this league with a feeling that you are too good for it then you are more likely to struggle getting out of it.

I always enjoy talking to away fans and getting thier viewpoints. Whether you agree with them or not does not matter. Some people are decent and reasonable whoever they support (not Leeds of course!) and some just happen to be knobs (like your bloke on here but we have our share of these also).

Just embrace and enjoy this season. You might only be around in league 1 for a single season.

Astute

Thanks lads, agree with what you two have said more than most of what Cov fans have said.

Our fans were quiet for an away game. We have been known to make more noise than home fans with a much larger crowd. Maybe it was a bit to do with the normal away fans not being able to get tickets. A lot of our away fans don't do many home games. I am one of them. Can't make lots of games, so prefer to go to places and mingle with the natives. Arrived about 9am Friday and left this morning. Had a good time. If this weekend was anything to go by it is goibg to be an ebjoyable season....we will have to see about results as well though.

Good luck this season. Good small ground and great fans. Hope you have something to cheer about this season.

YTFCLynx

We have been known to make more noise than home fans with a much larger crowd

I must admit I did worry about this before the match! Our attendances have been slipping from 6.5k in 2005 to less than 4k last season so I anticipated a loud Coventry 2000 outsinging us but maybe the weather kept your lads quiet, there is no roof on the away stand after all and it was bloody hot.

On the off chance we meet in a play off semi you will see the sort of atmosphere that you can get in Huish. I've been to some big stadiums (Celtic Park, Millenium Stadium and others) when packed out but the play off semi against Forest with Huish Park sold out was the best atmosphere I've ever witnessed and been a part of.

Nonleagueherewecome

I listened to that play-off game against Forest on the radio, it sounded great. Our worry is that we'll be rattling around in our big empty stadium and the atmosphere will be dire. On the other hand, having a "winning season", as the Americans would say, for the first time in a decade might see the place more packed than usual.

YTFCLynx

It's also just struck me that we were without possibly our best player in Gavin Williams in yesterdays match. Count yourselves lucky ;).

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, the Conference winner who went to The Championship but is now home? Has he still got it, then? Remember him tearing us apart for West Ham one season.

Grendel

Hi there, I'm NLHWC's 'Yeovil fwend' :D, I did find that quite funny too.

I was initially a bit hesitant to join because I read that cockroach lads posts and didn't fancy it but I can see from most of the other posts in here that like our own forums, cockroach is just one bell end amongst an otherwise normal bunch of blokes.

To clarify and summarise some things as some of the stuff NLHWC forwarded from me was said whilst I was a bit wound up from reading some of the bilge the likes of Sisu_cockroach have been posting:

I thought the game yesterday was a good one, it was pretty even and the chances were quite evenly spread. The Football League show's highlights did seem to suggest that you could of won the game three times but the same could be said for us really as they didn't show any of the good chances we had including a good save from your keeper after Reuben Reid chested it past the last defender. Barton's curler would of been a beaut though had it gone in.

Regarding your fans, they seemed like a good lot, I can respect anyone who brings down 2000 and the noise that they kicked out after your goal was truly something to behold, possibly the loudest I've heard any fans down our way. The only disappointment was that they were a bit quiet the rest of the time, but then you only had 35% possession or so and I know from supporting England what that's like to watch. The smoke flare was a bit odd as well, used to seeing that in big stadiums in Turkey not on a summers day at Huish Park!

I can understand that your used to playing at a higher level and came down expecting to walk it as like some have said the bookies have already written Yeovil off as relegation favourites. But it's important to remember that they've done that every season. Skiverton and Slade kept us up on a shoestring budget several times but the squad Gary Johnson has assembled this season is a totally different animal, without doubt we are aiming for the top half this year. We're also a side that plays with the ball on the floor as much as possible which can be a rarity at this level. League One is also a really tough and tight league, there's a reason why Leeds and others have spent more than one season down here. Someone said that we played above ourselves too, I can categorically tell you that isn't the case, most of our fans were actually quite disappointed with how a couple of our players played (the fullbacks mainly) and it was a bit annoying that injury robbed us of our third choice centre half who I am sure would of replaced Hinds after he took a knock after going up for a corner, he looked pretty groggy and just gangly after that.

Maybe I am being harsh about Cody MacDonald as well, I've only seen him play the once afterall, but he did seem to go down easily once or twice and spent a fair amount of time shouting at the ref which isn't pleasant from any player. One of ours did this too and was deservedly booked.

Regarding your side, the long ball tactics were a bit unappetising. But towards the end of the game as our side tired you started to see the extra nous that some of your lads have with the ball being spread a bit wider and some more chances being created. A few of the lads like Barton looked like good little players so that bodes well for you. I think you have the potential to go up first time of asking but it will be a long hard slog that will do your young players a lot of good rather than a walk in the park.

All the best for the coming season, NLHWC needs a good season purely for his own sanity, just don't underestimate the Yeovil when we come up to your place :).

I've liked your post - you have been incredibly brave - to admit being NLHWC's friend. ;)

YTFCLynx

Ah, the Conference winner who went to The Championship but is now home? Has he still got it, then? Remember him tearing us apart for West Ham one season.

He definitely does still have it. Unfortunately it's only ever about half the time, and that's only counting the games he's fit for! Mercurial barely does him justice. On his day though he's unplayable.

Users who are viewing this thread