Free agent fan. (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

Luckily I don't have kids or ever intend to. I don't know what i'd do if I did but even if they became city fans it would be through a family connection being passed down through generations as it was to me from my family being from the city.

I personally think the Premier League is a lot worse off now it is a consumer product made to be sold to fans around the world in an effort to generate ever increasing revenue. There is very little atmosphere there now, particularly at the top 6, and much of that is to do with large numbers of tourists turning, buying merchandise, taking a selfie then fucking off home while simultaneously pricing traditional working class fans out of the ground.

I'd be a hypocrite if I thought encouraging someone with no connections whatsoever to become a fan was a good thing just because it's our club. Same as when everybody was creaming about that Scandinavian guy and his flag. Football would be a lot healthier if people supported their local team.
I think a lot of people who support the likes of Liverpool, Utd etc as they say “my dad/family are from there/supported them” you don’t mind that?

Terry_dactyl

I think most of those people are bullshitters.
Haha, yeah I think you’re right.
I get your point but Personally I quite like it if we’ve got fans from other countries. Im curious as to why the hell anyone would support us who seemingly didn’t ‘have‘ to. And It’s not like they’re taking tickets from working class city fans...most from cov can’t be arsed with us at the best of times.

pipkin73

Well i've tried loads, the locals are mainly british/Irish and rather than convert them they all try to convert me to Forest, Man Utd, etc.
Loads of Cov living out here but they all say "don't give a crap, if we did we would still live there. Oh well, i'm the lone Sky Blue Man and always will be PUSB

BornSlippySkyBlue

Luckily I don't have kids or ever intend to. I don't know what i'd do if I did but even if they became city fans it would be through a family connection being passed down through generations as it was to me from my family being from the city.

I personally think the Premier League is a lot worse off now it is a consumer product made to be sold to fans around the world in an effort to generate ever increasing revenue. There is very little atmosphere there now, particularly at the top 6, and much of that is to do with large numbers of tourists turning, buying merchandise, taking a selfie then fucking off home while simultaneously pricing traditional working class fans out of the ground.

I'd be a hypocrite if I thought encouraging someone with no connections whatsoever to become a fan was a good thing just because it's our club. Same as when everybody was creaming about that Scandinavian guy and his flag. Football would be a lot healthier if people supported their local team.
See, that’s exactly what I would have said (and I totally 100% agree on the premier league) before I left the city (marriage and jobs) and then had children. So for me now your parent’s team, assuming they are actual fans of said team, are also a justifiable reason to support someone.

My lad loves city because I do, and he comes to the football with me. He sings ‘in our Coventry homes’ and wears his Cov kits to football training in Birmingham. So these days I’m allowing family allegiance into the ‘justifiable reasons to support a club’, I can’t imagine him being a villa fan (he was always told if it has to be local, it’s blues or get out of my house :)) but I’m pretty sure he’s hooked for life.

Apart from that, I agree. Local team or it doesn’t mean the same.

Jay Enrile

Googling "Jay Enrile" and a number of instances appear. On the Brum forum, last post 7th May and accounts on Sheffield Wednesday (same intro as this ones), West Ham and Brizzle Rovers forums.

Possibly somebody bored during Lockdown.

Or it could be this guy, a point guard in Quezon City, Phillipines basketball team :D

Ronjay Enrile - Wikipedia
No trolling here. That’s me through the years trying to find a club to support. Like I said I always lose interest or find a reason not to continue. Nothing to fault the clubs obviously. It’s more my own mental things I need to deal with. Sorry to give the wrong impression.

Happy_Martian

No trolling here. That’s me through the years trying to find a club to support. Like I said I always lose interest or find a reason not to continue. Nothing to fault the clubs obviously. It’s more my own mental things I need to deal with. Sorry to give the wrong impression.

No problem, I only googled due to the questions before. I'm only curious about if you are the Filipino basketballer. Every club needs its celebrity fans :D

Happy_Martian

But only if they (or their parents) were born in Coventry!

Struggling to think of many celebs who were born Cov and live Cov.

Clive Owen - actor - Born Coventry - Supports Liverpool

Pete Waterman - music impressario - Born Coventry - Supports Walsall

Richard Keys - .......... - Born Coventry - Supports Coventry

SlowerThanPlatt

Got to be a wind up?

usskyblue

Yup. I’m in. This will be my Club. Cheers everyone.

Buckle up buttercup...

... and don’t forget your match thread kit

12624533.jpg

ccfc1234

While I get your point about supporting local teams, surely this is within reason. I get it would be slightly pointless to bring your child up a Middlesbrough fan if you live in Southampton m. But if your within 60 mins from the home ground of your favourite club, are you suggesting kids should support the team 20 mins away? If so what about the special days together with your child at games sharing the ups, the downs and in City's case the down downs too!! Also who would take them to said local team!?

Maybe just me but my kids will be City fans even if I win the lottery and move into a Penthouse in Chelsea.

Last edited:

Jay Enrile

Got to be a wind up?

Again I apologise for the idiocy. Not hiding the fact that I did try to follow other clubs, to no avail, my stupid mouth got me in trouble again.

Plan is... more Steven Ogrizovic less Robert Jarni.

superskyblue

I've never lived closer than 70 miles away from Coventry. But it's a family thing. My Dad took me to games early and got me hooked. He wouldn't allow me to support anybody else and I couldn't imagine allowing my young child to support anybody else.

Being a Coventry fan is one the things that defines me and apart from my family and my job it's the thing I dedicate the next amount of energy and time to.

rob9872

I've never lived closer than 70 miles away from Coventry. But it's a family thing. My Dad took me to games early and got me hooked. He wouldn't allow me to support anybody else and I couldn't imagine allowing my young child to support anybody else.

Being a Coventry fan is one the things that defines me and apart from my family and my job it's the thing I dedicate the next amount of energy and time to.
Bollocks - it's far more important than your family or job, I can only assume you're concerned they might read it ;-)

no_loyalty

Again I apologise for the idiocy. Not hiding the fact that I did try to follow other clubs, to no avail, my stupid mouth got me in trouble again.

Plan is... more Steven Ogrizovic less Robert Jarni.

I bet you supported Liverpool last season, but after their humiliating defeat to Villa I bet you have switched alliances to Everton :)

M

Monte78

So I’ve been looking for a club to support for years. I’m not from the UK so I don’t have any ties. I have my bouts with ADD which makes me quite indecisive. I’ve also had my fair share of impulsive actions trying to follow various clubs. Anyway to this point I haven’t found a club that I felt I could support long term, I’d always lose interest for some reason. I find Coventry City intriguing. Simply said I like the colours of the club and the Sky Blues have huge potential with its fan base and current position. I know the owners have been a problem for years, but I’m wondering what the current outlook is amongst fans? And what’s it like supporting this club? Thanks for your time. Stay safe. Crazy times were living in.
I have BPD so I have some idea as to what it’s like to be impulsive and change my mind a lot however - I have been a fan since I was about 6, I’m the only Sky Blue fan in the family and I will never change my mind. I will always love this team (even if it can be horrendously frustrating at times!). Mac.

Jay Enrile

I have BPD so I have some idea as to what it’s like to be impulsive and change my mind a lot however - I have been a fan since I was about 6, I’m the only Sky Blue fan in the family and I will never change my mind. I will always love this team (even if it can be horrendously frustrating at times!). Mac.
Thanks for that Mac. I don’t think I have BPD, well I’m not sure. I’m diagnosed with OCD and ADD so having that can be hard at times in the decision making front. I find any little thing can change my mind hence the indecisiveness and impulsive posting. I wish I had a club I’ve been supporting since I was a child. Got into football really late and I’ve no ties to the UK. So it can be tough choosing with no “real” reason. I know I’m getting a lot of flak in this thread, but it’s cool I expected it. Despite that though, I’m gonna stick with this decision. It’s about time.

Jamesimus

Apologies for this but the OCD is kicking in. Although Coventry is a solid club I can’t find it in myself to support the club because of personal reasons. All the best to the Club and fans.

I struggle to support them too sometimes, it's okay.

Is this because of the Notts Forest game?

Grendel

Apologies for this but the OCD is kicking in. Although Coventry is a solid club I can’t find it in myself to support the club because of personal reasons. All the best to the Club and fans.

Another case of Dongle fever

CanadianCCFC

Half the people on here would say the same but they still post regularly

Jamesimus

Please come back. We can't do this without you.

Users who are viewing this thread