Four home wins? (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

It,s like me saying that Thorn has got a good win rate compared to previous managers, but then. Only comparing to two managers that just happen to have lower percentages. It's just seen selective and it's ridiculous.

Are there any?

torchomatic

Yes, any stat can look good or bad. Like i said you'be been choosy, like I demonstrated by just choosing a run of games where we look good. Imagine if we win on Saturday and i said, looking at our last ONE game then our away form is good... I would be laughed at and rightly so. You're one of those supporters who will never be happy. One of the ''we won but'' crowd.

torchomatic

CUS Wyken

Yes, any stat can look good or bad. Like i said you'be been choosy, like I demonstrated by just choosing a run of games where we look good. Imagine if we win on Saturday and i said, looking at our last ONE game then our away form is good... I would be laughed at and rightly so. You're one of those supporters who will never be happy. One of the ''we won but'' crowd.

Behave eh, i give credit where its due. I've been 7 away games this season and seen 1 goal. That is truly shocking

This has been one of the worse seasons EVER and quite frankly pissed off with well the home form is good. Based on the last week it isn't. We had threads saying all next 6 home games are winnable etc... so far we've won none.

Were lucky there's poor teams aswell becasue usually need 48 points to survive, this year i reckon 43 maybe 44 will be enough.

The negatives out weigh the positives this season. Hence why so many posts are downbeat.

rob9872

I thought Palace was winnable but I don't recall anyone saying that all six were - especially Blues.

Otis

Does make me smile.

The talk was there from quite few people that we had 6 home games left and that we could win 5 out of the 6 of them.

Now we are down to 4 and people are talking about winning all 4 of them.

No doubt when it comes down to 1 game they will be talking of us winning all of the 1 game left. Unfortunately, by then we will probably already be relegated.

Moff

Its like me saying that Thorn has got a good win rate compared to previous managers, but then. Only comparing to two managers that just happen to have lower percentages. It's just seen selective and it's ridiculous.

Well Torchy I nearly fell off my chair.

You mean there are actually two real managers out there, I mean like proper ones, who have a worse record than Thorn. No get out of town;)

(Although I am not a fan of Thorn to those who dont understand this is a JOKE and is part of the banter I have with Mr T)

Moff

Well Torchy I nearly fell off my chair.

You mean there are actually two real managers out there, I mean like proper ones, who have a worse record than Thorn. No get out of town;)

(Although I am not a fan of Thorn to those who dont understand this is a JOKE and is part of the banter I have with Mr T)

Just to add thats Torchy not the 'quit your jibber jabber' Mr T.

CUS Wyken

I thought Palace was winnable but I don't recall anyone saying that all six were - especially Blues.

Blues had in there previous games lost to Forest and drew with Deby. They are out of sorts... Our away form is dreadful so everyone was saying the home games are key since Leicester.

Since Leicester game, we got 2 points. Says it all.

And during that same time leicester have lost both and conceded 6 goals yet we hardly looked like scoring there last week.

coundonskyblue

We maybe playing the bottom teams, but is this not the worst time of year to be playing them? I would have been happier playing all these in January and playing mid table teams now as they will all be desperate for the points.

Also they will be looking at their fixture lists and will see us as a game they should win.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Does make me smile.

The talk was there from quite few people that we had 6 home games left and that we could win 5 out of the 6 of them.

No doubt when it comes down to 1 game they will be talking of us winning all of the 1 game left. Unfortunately, by then we will probably already be relegated.
Another example of you taking perverse pleasure out of being "right" about our plight

Only kidding :p

On the point though I don't think anyone was saying we would win 5/6 of the last game they were just saying it was a possibility which it was and it is still possible to win the last 4 home games looking at the fixtures. 3 wins and a draw would be a good end to the season for home form and then if we somehow manage to win away to Bristol it could be enough.

Brighton Sky Blue

Blues had in there previous games lost to Forest and drew with Deby. They are out of sorts... Our away form is dreadful so everyone was saying the home games are key since Leicester.

Since Leicester game, we got 2 points. Says it all.

And during that same time leicester have lost both and conceded 6 goals yet we hardly looked like scoring there last week.

Leicester were away in both of those games-perhaps Midlands teams have away-o-phobia?

Otis

No, no-one said we would, but were talking like we could. Massive ask that, even if you are Southampton.

Otis

We maybe playing the bottom teams, but is this not the worst time of year to be playing them? I would have been happier playing all these in January and playing mid table teams now as they will all be desperate for the points.

Also they will be looking at their fixture lists and will see us as a game they should win.

Feel exactly the same way. Would be much better playing teams with nothing to play for. The games against the bottom teams if anything will be tougher than those at the top. Brum wanted the win on Saturday, but they didn't have to win. All the draw did was to put them 1 point outside the play-off places. Not exactly as crucial as teams at the bottom who are absolutely desperate for points and obviously struggle more for wins.

If you are at the top you are obviously winning quite regularly and must feel if you lose one you will most likely win the next one or another one real soon.

We could do with midtable teams at home such as Derby

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Feel exactly the same way. Would be much better playing teams with nothing to play for. The games against the bottom teams if anything will be tougher than those at the top. Brum wanted the win on Saturday, but they didn't have to win. All the draw did was to put them 1 point outside the play-off places. Not exactly as crucial as teams at the bottom who are absolutely desperate for points.

Is that not what happened for the last 10 fixtures last season? The 3 wins that meant that Thorn is a fantastic manager?

johnwillomagic

1. Yes we can win all four they are all beatable but not sure we will, can see us slipping up in one or two of those games - 8 to 9 points is what I expect we'll get.
2. Hmm not sure 42 points will be enough but do not think we will need 50.....45 points I reckon will be ok this season.
3 Yes I have a good feeling we'll get something out of Watford cannot justify it just have a feeling. Burnley or Bristol City are also games we could get something from
4. I reckon we'll finish on 43 which may still be enough........Tuesday nights games will play a part in this though, need results to go our way.

pusb

Otis

Tomorrow is going to be interesting too. Both Forest and Donny playing.

Really need those results to go our way.

Macca

If we win our next game then I feel it could change the dynamics completely. Interesting the discussion on what constitutes form. Home form since Xmas has improved but then not getting a win in the last 2 was a big blow IMO

Otis

If we won away on Saturday then of course it would change the dynamics. The release of pressure that an away victory would bring would be huge. That would change everything, no matter what the other results of our rivals were.

We win away and then we will obviously believe we can pick more points up on the road. A win Saturday would be more important than any other win we will have had this season.

covcity4life

Does make me smile.

otis i usuallty agree with you but you been hammering ona bout this point for a week now, stop having such a "i told you so" attitude about it all

im as realistic/pessemisitic as it gets but even i think 12pts is possible from our home games,i also dont think its a foregone conclusion we will get nothing from our 6 away games

time will tell of course but its not deluded to think we can get 12-15pts out of last 30

Otis

I'm not having a 'told you so' attitude though. Sincerely, I really am not. Sorry it comes across that way.

It was just a sly dig at those who for some strange reason, having only won 7 games all season, suddenly thought that we could conjure up 5 wins out of 6 games at home all of a sudden. To me that was just madness. Not in any way, shape or form trying to make out am I right and others are wrong.

It's just always puzzled me as to where this fantastical belief came from. We all hope/hoped we could win 5 out of 6, but it was never going to happen was it. Fine to hope we could do it, but there were people on here who said they thought we could win 5 out of 6. We have a thin squad, novice manager, kids and have been in the bottom 3 since October.

Truth is, I really, really want to be wrong. I really do. Just seems clear though that we would have to play like Championship leaders to achieve this incredible task.

Last edited:

covcity4life

fair enough

just to let you know my hope comes from fact that i feel we HAVE to start playing well soon? as grown men surely they will show some fight in the last 10 games of season?

could be wrong defientley.

Otis

We need a bit more fight and never say die attitude.

Any team can beat anyone else in this league, that is clear. We have to put in consistent performances though. that has been the trouble all season. One unbeaten run of 3 games and that was back in August.

We need a run. We need a really good run. We have now had 2 unbeaten, we now need to extend that to 4 or 5 games.

torchomatic

There are certain stock phrases that come into play when Otis is saying he knows best. Usually they begin with "makes me laugh", "makes me smile" or "laughably".

otis i usuallty agree with you but you been hammering ona bout this point for a week now, stop having such a "i told you so" attitude about it all

im as realistic/pessemisitic as it gets but even i think 12pts is possible from our home games,i also dont think its a foregone conclusion we will get nothing from our 6 away games

time will tell of course but its not deluded to think we can get 12-15pts out of last 30

Otis

There are certain stock phrases that come into play when Otis is saying he knows best. Usually they begin with "makes me laugh", "makes me smile" or "laughably".

I really am begining to think you are a clown.

You are so wide of the mark that it is laughable.

It makes me smile anyway.

You know why I say 'it makes me smile?' Because it makes me smile. Not trying to make a point, not trying to say I know better than anyone else, not trying to blow my own trumpet.

Everyone who knows me would most certainly put you right, Torchy. You obviously do not know me at all.

Completely wrong. Compeltely and totally.

torchomatic

Otis

15 points in 10 games is a very hard ask for a team that has only won 7 all season.

Otis

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever? ;)

Yep.

I am very expressive and passionate with my language for sure. It's the actor in me.

Users who are viewing this thread