Forwards (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Based on this evening are we better off keeping what we have with the exception of Baka and using our budget for other areas. decent strikers arnt cheap if they are an improvement on what we have. Now we have four fully fit for the first time this season it seems that they have have started to find the net and any decent replacement would eat a big hole in the budget for other areas

Frostie

Walker & Godden are fine + a better target man type would be perfect.

I'd prefer if we could do better than Biamou as 4th choice but budget will dictate that. I like Gyökeres but he isn't ours & not sure he'd be cheap as a 4th choice.

Ccfcisparks

Based on this evening are we better off keeping what we have with the exception of Baka and using our budget for other areas. decent strikers arnt cheap if they are an improvement on what we have. Now we have four fully fit for the first time this season it seems that they have have started to find the net and any decent replacement would eat a big hole in the budget for other areas
No way. Biamou must be upgraded on, he’s been a good servant but it is imperative we do. We cannot get lost in sentiment.

cov donkey kick

Keep Victor ,Max,godden,walker they would be enough competition,strength in depth can see the scenario all can score.leaves the defence, midfield 4more signings.replacement for Sam and back up/competition for mcFadz .attacking midfoeld for Callum and a keeper

Magwitch1

Our forward line needs an injection of pace, real pace. Of what we have at the moment I would take Gyokeres over Max.

Mucca Mad Boys

Godden and Walker are two strikers who will score 10+ goals over 46 games. A full preseason and better luck with injuries, they will have a good season next year.

We definitely need a 3rd choice option who is a bit different to what we currently have.

Personally, our main priorities ought to be improving our midfield and defence. Probably a goalkeeper too.

cowboy1850

We have conceded the 3rd most goals in the league so I'd look at firstly improving the defence. I think we need better wing backs.

This isn't meant as a dig at Godden either but how many games is a player supposed to play for him to be seen as up to fitness? Have we got to wait for 2/3 of the season to pass by for a player to be regarded as fit..!

SBAndy

We have conceded the 3rd most goals in the league so I'd look at firstly improving the defence. I think we need better wing backs.

This isn't meant as a dig at Godden either but how many games is a player supposed to play for him to be seen as up to fitness? Have we got to wait for 2/3 of the season to pass by for a player to be regarded as fit..!

I mean, he’s literally been injured until about 3 weeks ago.

no_loyalty

Ladapo would be ideal, but I guess he would probably cost too much.

rob9872

I'd take VG on a free, but I'd a fee involved or higher wages then Max as 4th choice and go for a quality Premiership loan. The higher we finish this term likely the better pickings we might get too.

Also, looking forward to seeing Reid, but wondering if we could finish where we are now, whether Norwich might let us keep Sam again. I'm sure they'll want him loaned to a higher placed side next year but with some improvement in the right areas that could be us.

mrtrench

I do like the look of him.

Did Rotherham pay a fee?

It's funny how some players suddenly come good. If you look at his record he'd done nothing until he was released by Southend and joined Plymouth in 2018 - he was 25 then. To put that in context, he was the same age as Baka is now when suddenly he came good. I'm sure Baka will be released this summer.

Otis

It's funny how some players suddenly come good. If you look at his record he'd done nothing until he was released by Southend and joined Plymouth in 2018 - he was 25 then. To put that in context, he was the same age as Baka is now when suddenly he came good. I'm sure Baka will be released this summer.
Like a caged animal into the wild?

Otis

To be fair, he did brilliantly at Margate. I know it's non league, but 25 goals in 53 appearances.

Compare that to Baka's stats, which are awful.

Ladapo does seem to be a natural goalscorer

Sick Boy

If we’re serious about progressing we need to sign at least another first choice striker. I’d release Biamou and Baka, and look to bring in VG as 4th choice.

fatso

I'd go all out to get VG, he has bags of potential, hes a full international and still only 22. I think he will give Walker real competition for his place. You dont see many young strikers who are 6'2" and work like he does, and can score goals.
With a full pre-season and good coaching he could be a real force in the championship.

Bakayoko is gone, Biamou should be replaced, but we may keep him for another 12 months as financial restraints will dictate where we can strengthen.

Ostigard, McCallum and James should also be signed, but I've no idea if there will be much money left after that to do much more recruiting.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd go all out to get VG, he has bags of potential, hes a full international and still only 22. I think he will give Walker real competition for his place. You dont see many young strikers who are 6'2" and work like he does, and can score goals.
With a full pre-season and good coaching he could be a real force in the championship.

Bakayoko is gone, Biamou should be replaced, but we may keep him for another 12 months as financial restraints will dictate where we can strengthen.

Ostigard, McCallum and James should also be signed, but I've no idea if there will be much money left after that to do much more recruiting.

Agree with this in terms of intent; think finances will dictate that Max is kept as a 4th striker (and he's probably earned it). Also need to weed/loan out those who are unlikely to impact on the squad and strengthen via loans, assuming we can't afford permanents.

Frostie

And this is the problem. If that's the extent of our budget (I actually think Osti & Gyökeres will be too expensive) the whole budget is gone on standing still. We have to continue with current policy of finding undervalued talent.

Sick Boy

Agree with this in terms of intent; think finances will dictate that Max is kept as a 4th striker (and he's probably earned it). Also need to weed/loan out those who are unlikely to impact on the squad and strengthen via loans, assuming we can't afford permanents.
We will most certainly look to strengthen up-front with first team players, if VG comes in too we wouldn’t be holding onto Biamou.

Skybluefaz

Godden has been on a similar trajectory.

TomRad85

The Facebook Goblins really are hilarious. It's a shame a few have leaked into here.
ba5178b4ebddce97b227f52dfe4505f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ceetee

I can't see a PL club loaning a striker to be fourth choice or even third choice so, unless your going to relegate Walker or Godden, that's a non-starter.

clint van damme

We lack pace, the Bournemouth game exposed what real pace up front does for teams and we need to vary the line, this should be a priority, and also, subject to aspirations, the ones we have may be able to do a job but is survival in the championship our ambition, if it is, stay cheap and keep, if not, upgrade,

Agree, pace and a bit more physicality

Brighton Sky Blue

Would’ve been nice to kidnap Fletcher yesterday, caused all kinds of problems with his physicality

Users who are viewing this thread