Transfer Rumour Former player in talks with us! - Courtney Baker Richardson (3 Viewers)

Gaz71

That looks fake to me. How can Mark Robins "re-sign" Best, he never signed him in the first place......unless of course a Cov Tel journalist is a bit crap at English.....nah, surely not!!

Nah, it's a bit like "remember". I can't remember things I wasn't present at, because I wasn't there. It's like saying you can recollect your own birth. Doesn't work.
True, but would someone spend time to set up a fake account to post that?, and why delete it?

Liquid Gold

That looks fake to me. How can Mark Robins "re-sign" Best, he never signed him in the first place......unless of course a Cov Tel journalist is a bit crap at English.....nah, surely not!!

Nah, it's a bit like "remember". I can't remember things I wasn't present at, because I wasn't there. It's like saying you can recollect your own birth. Doesn't work.
When you remember something though you're only actually remembering the last time you thought about it.

Otis

When you remember something though you're only actually remembering the last time you thought about it.
Exactly.

How does it 'not work?'

I recollect the captain of the Titanic was John Smith. I recollect that the Marx Brothers made 13 movies.

How on earth does that not work?

I recollect that the Queen's coronation was in 1953, even though I wasn't even alive then.

Don't get the logic there at all I'm afraid.

oucho

Exactly.

How does it 'not work?'

I recollect the captain of the Titanic was John Smith. I recollect that the Marx Brothers made 13 movies.

How on earth does that not work?

I recollect that the Queen's coronation was in 1953, even though I wasn't even alive then.

Don't get the logic there at all I'm afraid.
The way you phrased it made it sounds like something you could personally remember happening, rather than remembering a fact you'd been told.

skybluedan

yeah I have just been messaged from someone saying Leon best as well
Please no

Otis

The way you phrased it made it sounds like something you could personally remember happening, rather than remembering a fact you'd been told.
Think it was the way you read it to be honest.

Are you telling me I can't say 'I remember my dad was in the RAF?'

Cos he was and that was way before I was born. ;)

oucho

yeah I have just been messaged from someone saying Leon best as well
Please no
Has the mate been following Aiden McCartney on Twitter too?

oucho

For me, to remember/recollect something you have to actually have witnsessed it. You can't remember when William beat Harold at Hastings, unless of course there was a pub car park fight there with two protagonists of the same names.....

oucho

Twatter going Best crazy.
Remember when the same thing happened on Twatter when China was supposedly in the process of invading North Korea....it's about as reliable a barometer of what's going to happen as betting markets for elections......

Otis

For me, to remember/recollect something you have to actually have witnsessed it. You can't remember when William beat Harold at Hastings, unless of course there was a pub car park fight there with two protagonists of the same names.....
I think you are rewriting everything we have learned about the English language. ;)

You telling me I can't remember that Dickens wrote A Tale of Two Cities, or remember the date the Romans invaded Britain?

I can't remember when the two world wars were, or how long King Henry VIII reigned?

I think you have gone batshit crazy!! Ha, ha!! ;)

Otis

This thread is crazy enough as it is isn't it? Not sure we want to go down another road of batshittiness! :)

oucho

I think you are rewriting everything we have learned about the English language. ;)

You telling me I can't remember that Dickens wrote A Tale of Two Cities, or remember the date the Romans invaded Britain?

I can't remember when the two world wars were, or how long King Henry VIII reigned?

I think you have gone batshit crazy!! Ha, ha!! ;)
You said "the only correlation (coronation) I can recollect is the Queen in 1953"........if you didn't mean that you don't personally remember it but were aware of it, are you saying you are not aware of all the dozens of previous royal coronations like Queen Victoria, George III, Charles I etc?

Another one of your comedy asides gone awry!

robbiekeane

You said "the only correlation (coronation) I can recollect is the Queen in 1953"........if you didn't mean that you don't personally remember it but were aware of it, are you saying you are not aware of all the dozens of previous royal coronations like Queen Victoria, George III, Charles I etc?

Bet you're fun at parties

oucho

Bet you're fun at parties
Mate I'm sitting here after half a bottle of champagne and a few pints and still talking sense, so more fun than most I know who talk gibberish at parties after a couple of lemon sherbets.

Anyway, enough of all this "recollection" bollocks........are we signing Best or not?

Terry Gibson's perm

Mate I'm sitting here after half a bottle of champagne and a few pints and still talking sense, so more fun than most I know who talk gibberish at parties after a couple of lemon sherbets.

Anyway, enough of all this "recollection" bollocks........are we signing Best or not?

Not sure best person to ask is Ruffian.

oucho

Otis

I don't remember the dates of the previous coronations, no. The only coronation I remember is 1953 and Elizabeth II.

oucho

I don't remember the dates of the previous coronations, no. The only coronation I remember is 1953 and Elizabeth II.
You don't remember it as you weren't alive then (I assume). You recollect the fact that it took place in 1953.

stevefloyd

I remember him being in the RAF and I don't even know him, I too wasn't born then either

vow

giphy.gif

Message to Ruffian.

Users who are viewing this thread