Forgotten Trialists and Signings (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

Got to ask which team, then!
No one decent - had to load "full database" to find me!! :ROFLMAO: - if you were into it, you'd know it covered the top ends of non league. Any player on a contract registered with the FA was on there.
Was on a few versions. Think that one was one of the last versions before things started getting really complicated - hence the cult following.

NorthernWisdom

No one decent - had to load "full database" to find me!! :ROFLMAO: - if you were into it, you'd know it covered the top ends of non league. Any player on a contract registered with the FA was on there.
Was on a few versions. Think that one was one of the last versions before things started getting really complicated - hence the cult following.
tbf, it only went down to Conference level, so must have been better than me, although that's not hard ;) Park footballer is better than me!

And yeah, I struggle with the new game. Guess it's also not having the time I used to have, but I just want a game I can sit down and play, really. The last one I did seriously, I made Newport County a world powerhouse!

shepardo01

Yeah, that era was the only time I ever played - other commitments coupled with it apparently getting pretty complicated saw to that.
Would only ever be City - first season after relegation, having to wheel and deal to get rid of players to bring in the likes of Duff, Collins, To Madeira, Mark Kerr etc....
It has made a comeback and you can download it onto an android tablet now! - had a little go over first lockdown!!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah, that era was the only time I ever played - other commitments coupled with it apparently getting pretty complicated saw to that.
Would only ever be City - first season after relegation, having to wheel and deal to get rid of players to bring in the likes of Duff, Collins, To Madeira, Mark Kerr etc....
It has made a comeback and you can download it onto an android tablet now! - had a little go over first lockdown!!
I remember playing 00-01 last year. Remember having the strike force of Zlatan and Craig Bellamy, with John Terry in centre of defence

NorthernWisdom

I also remember one play-off semi final accidentally putting my RWB in goal (how we laughed). Took about 30 minutes before I noticed(!) Fortunately the opposition keeper had a mare in sympathy, so we won 7-6...

Always wondered how that would play out irl, Robins gazes across the pitch on the half hour mark to suddenly realise Dabo's in goal!

shepardo01

I remember playing 00-01 last year. Remember having the strike force of Zlatan and Craig Bellamy, with John Terry in centre of defence
To get thread back on track - on that version, remember Jamie McMaster being decent! - and we had him on loan under McAllister - I was quite excited- he didn't quite live up to his 00/01 promise! (Alex Aguinaga though!!.... (y) :cool: )

shmmeee

I also remember one play-off semi final accidentally putting my RWB in goal (how we laughed). Took about 30 minutes before I noticed(!) Fortunately the opposition keeper had a mare in sympathy, so we won 7-6...

Always wondered how that would play out irl, Robins gazes across the pitch on the half hour mark to suddenly realise Dabo's in goal!

He’d still wait until the 70th minute to make a change.

Users who are viewing this thread