Forest (4 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

Out of a group of 10 of us a few seasons back it’s just me my dad and 1 other. The excitement just isn’t there for loads of people still, for the first game and the season. A lot of circumstances have changed, got kids now etc and used to doing other things. Results will bring them back.
Results are the key. That said, despite COVID and having spent another spell out of the city, we have had record season ticket sales which indicates an appetite for the team.
Despite the usual negative posters on here about anything to do with the club there is much to be positive about and if we get off to a decent start then there is much to look forward to.

pusbccfc

Tv and covid are main reason it will be 20k imo

But 20k avg all season long wouldn't be bad would it?

If we get 15k home fans Sunday, I'd imagine our average overall attendances this season will be around 13/14k with most away followings averaging 1500.

COV

If we get 15k home fans Sunday, I'd imagine our average overall attendances this season will be around 13/14k with most away followings averaging 1500.

the crowds over the season will have nothing to do with how many show up on Sunday, they will be dictated by results

Liquid Gold

When Villa were last in the Championship they got 42,000 one week and 27k the next, it proves nothing apart from that when things are good there are thousands that will show up. And things have very rarely been good for us. Even when they were nobody could watch and it will take a while to get more to come.

The Forest match really isn't this huge, momentous occasion loads of people seem to think it is, people can't be arsed, that doesn't mean they are automatically disqualified as supporters. Its Forest- so what? Its not as if we haven't played them before, it costs loads, its on TV and we're likely to have a difficult season.

All this huge knee jerk stuff about "THERE WON'T BE 30,000 THERE ON SUNDAY WHICH PROVES WE HAVE NO FANS" is just silliness.
1. Random comparison that doesn't even fit

2. Just your personal opinion presented as facts

3. Exaggerated straw man

Perfect RoS post

slyblue57

People like you need a reality check, there's a "hardcore" fan base of around 12k, and that's it!
It doesnt matter how cheap the season tickets are, you arnt selling more than 12k max!
It's not a case of people needing excuses, people in Coventry just arnt bothered enough to attend regularly, so that's exactly why sisu have built the business model around realistic attendances.
I'd be suprised if we fill more than 3/4 of the stadium for the first game back.
And come the Preston game in the middle of winter, you wouldn't fill 3/4 of the ground if you gave the tickets away!
Sad , but I think you re right.

NortonSkyBlue

Exactly. Which is why they'll drop.
You do know a ball hasn’t been kicked as yet? Anyhow because QPR beat Manchester United in a pre season friendly they will win the league, because West Brom like a promotion they will be in the mix and of course Fulham will be third. Don’t know why we bother after that.

Reactions: COV

CCFCSteve

Sad , but I think you re right.

Yeah, it’s its always been that way...well since I’ve been going anyway. You only need to look at some of the attendances at Highfield road in the old league one....some were shocking, yet people are getting upset about a likely 20k+ crowd, on a Sunday at 430pm when it’s on sky.

We’d all like the fair weather Wembley lot to come more regularly but in reality they’ll only turn up occasionally/when we are doing well

COV

You do know a ball hasn’t been kicked as yet? Anyhow because QPR beat Manchester United in a pre season friendly they will win the league, because West Brom like a promotion they will be in the mix and of course Fulham will be third. Don’t know why we bother after that.

There's no arguing- we have no fans, we are going to lose every match, we can't even get the tickets right, the away shirt is a shambles, the home shirt is crap, we have a crap ground, the team is really weak.

And yet at the same time we moan because there won't be thousands of extra fans on Sunday because everyone should be 'really excited'.

Liquid Gold

There's no arguing- we have no fans, we are going to lose every match, we can't even get the tickets right, the away shirt is a shambles, the home shirt is crap, we have a crap ground, the team is really weak.

And yet at the same time we moan because there won't be thousands of extra fans on Sunday because everyone should be 'really excited'.
There's no arguing - yet that's all you do all day
we have no fans - nobody has said that
we are going to lose every match - nobody has said that
we can't even get the tickets right - we didn't
the away shirt is a shambles - we should start the season with two kits
the home shirt is crap - some people's opinion, not mine. Same argument happens at every club every season
we have a crap ground - some people like the CBS, some people prefer older grounds, people go to the ground their club plays at anyway
the team is really weak - it's pre season and fans are talking about how they think the team has progressed since last year

You're trying to shut people down again, if every post isn't all sunshine and roses you exaggerate and strawman your way through. Accept people have a different opinion on things and you may have a happier life.

pusbccfc

There's no arguing - yet that's all you do all day
we have no fans - nobody has said that
we are going to lose every match - nobody has said that
we can't even get the tickets right - we didn't
the away shirt is a shambles - we should start the season with two kits
the home shirt is crap - some people's opinion, not mine. Same argument happens at every club every season
we have a crap ground - some people like the CBS, some people prefer older grounds, people go to the ground their club plays at anyway
the team is really weak - it's pre season and fans are talking about how they think the team has progressed since last year

You're trying to shut people down again, if every post isn't all sunshine and roses you exaggerate and strawman your way through. Accept people have a different opinion on things and you may have a happier life.

Spot on. Nothing wrong with a debate and honest predictions.

Greggs

So right
It's the same everywhere really though
People who only come when we're winning then scream if we lose to someone like Man City 😉
Seen it so many times over the years haven't we mate! I know it's good for the coffers, but the atmosphere can stink on one of those 'big days out'!

NortonSkyBlue

Spot on. Nothing wrong with a debate and honest predictions.
There was no debate, you stated very clearly “Exactly. Which is why they'll drop.”
And there is nothing wrong with supporting the team and looking beyond every perceived failure as a personal affront.
I don’t know why some bother, if I didn’t get any satisfaction out of supporting my club then I would find it difficult to carry on. Always look on the bright side of life is something that many on here should adopt.

shmmeee

18k would be good going in my opinion for the season. I always seem to remember us getting around that until the last few seasons, so it’s the number I usually think of as a good attendance.

Based off my model of 10% uplift for a decent season and 30% for a promotion, was 12k +10%, 13kish, +30% 17kish, plus another 10% 18-19k is about where I’d expect us to be. Minus a bit for COVID and St Andrew’s harming that. I’d be happy with anything above 17k average this season.

Evo1883

All I know is , whatever the average .. beer is too expensive and that's a problem

Liquid Gold

All I know is , whatever the average .. beer is too expensive and that's a problem
I've never drank much in the ground. Last ones out of the pub so you're fully tanked up and no time before kick off, then half time too busy and straight out after FT.

pusbccfc

There was no debate, you stated very clearly “Exactly. Which is why they'll drop.”
And there is nothing wrong with supporting the team and looking beyond every perceived failure as a personal affront.
I don’t know why some bother, if I didn’t get any satisfaction out of supporting my club then I would find it difficult to carry on. Always look on the bright side of life is something that many on here should adopt.

I stand by it. Many people have posted about crowds increasing with good results. If we are stuck in midtable, crowds will drop.

That's not being negative, that's my prediction that we aren't going to have crowd boosting form or a promotion charge.

hill83

Is it £6, my mate said it was but I've heard £5 as well.
I've paid that sort of money in other places but from memory the beer is shit up there and still in plastics glasses?
Seems a bit of a piss take to me.

Sorry for moaning about £6 beers to the people who won't have a bad word said. I truly am.

NortonSkyBlue

I stand by it. Many people have posted about crowds increasing with good results. If we are stuck in midtable, crowds will drop.

That's not being negative, that's my prediction that we aren't going to have crowd boosting form or a promotion charge.
And I am one that agreed with the attendances will be reliant on results. Stuck in mid table? I would be absolutely delighted to be in the highest position we have been in for many years . Be careful what you wish for, mid table is progress.
Good for you standing by your prediction, I prefer to believe we will make progress under a very good management team.

Liquid Gold

I've paid that sort of money in other places but from memory the beer is shit up there and still in plastics glasses?

Sorry for moaning about £6 beers to the people who won't have a bad word said. I truly am.
You've got to accept these days that the price of beer is just expensive in general. Add to that that the supply may be irregular as we can't predict games or attendances plus the staffing costs and they have to transport it all round the ground then there is paying the supplier. If you think it should be any less then you think we should shut down SBITC.

Also, Fulham's pints are £112 so you should be happy.

pusbccfc

And I am one that agreed with the attendances will be reliant on results. Stuck in mid table? I would be absolutely delighted to be in the highest position we have been in for many years . Be careful what you wish for, mid table is progress.
Good for you standing by your prediction, I prefer to believe we will make progress under a very good management team.

Of course, the crowds should be increasing with a mid table finish!

Sky Blue Pete

Based off my model of 10% uplift for a decent season and 30% for a promotion, was 12k +10%, 13kish, +30% 17kish, plus another 10% 18-19k is about where I’d expect us to be. Minus a bit for COVID and St Andrew’s harming that. I’d be happy with anything above 17k average this season.
Yeah I think 17k is pretty bang on for budget purposes

NortonSkyBlue

Of course, the crowds should be increasing with a mid table finish!
Oh I love sarcasm , if we finish mid table we would have progressed, if we progress then it means we are winning games. Who said anything about crowds increasing? All I can do is bring my three to games.
In this no one knows what is going to happen season, it is good to know you are so sure of yourself, it must make you feel good trying to diminish the efforts of the club. Go for it.

pusbccfc

Oh I love sarcasm , if we finish mid table we would have progressed, if we progress then it means we are winning games. Who said anything about crowds increasing? All I can do is bring my three to games.
In this no one knows what is going to happen season, it is good to know you are so sure of yourself, it must make you feel good trying to diminish the efforts of the club. Go for it.

I have no idea what you are on about!

ccfc1234

In my opinion the club has improved on and off the field in lots of different ways over the last few years and I don't see why it will stop. We need to see as many young kids in the stadium this Sunday and going forward as possible. This could be the 1st time that child has watched the city's football team play in the city. If we encourage this and again make progress on the field things will only get better.

But we need to catch the local kid then no matter what result the love and pride you feel will make you come back. If we do well then attendance will look after itself and the team will get better with added income extra attendance brings. No matter the attendance Sunday create a good atmosphere, create a good environment and the fans will come and the new generation will play a part in what could be a good period in the clubs history.
Really like this post and the thinking behind it. We football is as much about the feeling attending gives as the result. An electric atmosphere 1-1 game will get a fan returning for the product than a easy 2-0 win with 7k in the stadium. The club need to do more to give tickets to youngsters in signers corner this is the part of the ground they will want to 'belong' to.

fatso

If you were a true sky blue, you'd hand over a tennor and tell them to keep the change!

Saddlebrains

Really like this post and the thinking behind it. We football is as much about the feeling attending gives as the result. An electric atmosphere 1-1 game will get a fan returning for the product than a easy 2-0 win with 7k in the stadium. The club need to do more to give tickets to youngsters in signers corner this is the part of the ground they will want to 'belong' to.

I dunno. Moved from there the last season before St Andrews, as did a few others i know.

Been taken over by chavs with about 6 pubes between them. Not the laugh it was in there now

Yorkshire SB

We’ll average 17-22k dependent on performances. No chance we’ll average 13/14k - way too low when you consider we’ve sold 10,000 season tickets and we’ll offer away teams 6,000 tickets.

pusbccfc

We’ll average 17-22k dependent on performances. No chance we’ll average 13/14k - way too low when you consider we’ve sold 10,000 season tickets and we’ll offer away teams 6,000 tickets.

Any crowd of 22k or above will be made up of over 4000 away fans.

Users who are viewing this thread