Match Thread Forest Green Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 8th Oct (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Begs the question why you are posting on this thread then...
Because he is a City fan that goes to every league game home and away with his dad and very young daughter's.
So why shouldnt he many post on matchday threads that haven't been in years.

Evo1883

With godden it appears to be service, with Baka and jordi its finishing ?, or don’t they get service either ?

Well over the course of the last few games Hiwula has missed the most clear cut chances.

He's actually being fed really well in general, problem is the main man in the middle is trying to feed off scraps.

Like I said we play out wide Alot, and when Hiwula has the ball in and around the 18 yard box maybe he should start mixing it up and laying the ball off more centrally on occasion.

Clearly a problem we have

Evo1883

Come on mate now Godden needs service we create nothing it needs addressing ASAP
We do actually create a fair bit, problem is its all down one side, clear as day to see... Both wide men should come more centrally on attack and all 3 forwards need to work off each other to create more, they are often too far apart in attack

ccfcway

Well over the course of the last few games Hiwula has missed the most clear cut chances.

He's actually being fed really well in general, problem is the main man in the middle is trying to feed off scraps.

baka had a couple of decent chances tonight and looked lively. It was the wide players who got / did very little.

SkyBlueDom26

Sunday is a massive game now, they have Jennings out suspended too which is a bonus as he’s there best player! We need to get back to winning ways quickly

Evo1883

Agreed. And a different target man

Either way if they adopt the 433 a bit more like Liverpool upfront I genuinely believe we'd score Alot more with the forwards playing off echother in smaller triangles uptop with the midfielders holding between the half way line and the 18 yard box.

We can get much more from this system imo

cc84cov

We do actually create a fair bit, problem is its all down one side, clear as day to see... Both wide men should come more centrally on attack and all 3 forwards need to work off each other to create more, they are often too far apart in attack
Godden is isolated every week he must be frustrated you seen it when Baka should of passed to him Saturday we are not getting service to him we’ve paid all that money to not give him service robins needs to sort it

Evo1883

Godden is isolated every week he must be frustrated you seen it when Baka should of passed to him Saturday we are not getting service to him we’ve paid all that money to not give him service robins needs to sort it

He wasnt caught offside Alot first few matches, it wreaks of desperation now, he's desperate to get on the scoresheet but really isn't getting the service.
I believe his strengths are either be put in behind or ball to feet inside the box, neither are happening enough

cc84cov

He wasnt caught offside Alot first few matches, it wreaks of desperation now, he's desperate to get on the scoresheet but really isn't getting the service.
I believe his strengths are either be put in behind or ball to feet inside the box, neither are happening enough
100% won’t be long till he starts going backwards like Chaplin & the rest before him lol

Evo1883

100% won’t be long till he starts going backwards like Chaplin & the rest before him lol

Well we know he's got the pedigree, so it's up to Robins to get the best from him.

He's a great lad really needs the fans on his side after a difficult few months in his life with his old dear passing

ccfcway

If that’s the case, he should sit the in the jordi position as he is getting these opportunities

Evo1883

If that’s the case, he should sit the in the jordi position as he is getting these opportunities

Dont think he has the pace to play wide forward tbh, I think the best way to get more from godden is actually a bit more of a drastic solution and that's to drop jordi and try Ohare out as left forward Orrrrrrrrrr

Play jordi right side Ohare left and godden central, keep jordi on his strong foot at all times too that way and he can shoot across the keeper more on his favoured foot

Evo1883

Or we revert to a 4231 and play Ohare behind godden and Hiwula and kastaneer either side
Play Kelly and Walsh behind the 3

mark82

e0e3939225a8665521f54ea53ddd25e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What happens if we win, Forest Green and Walsall draw with Forest Green winning on penalties?

oucho

Reflecting on the evening.....before the game, I threw my scarf & gloves on more as a joke than anything else, and also put on my thickest coat thinking I'd be able to take it off and sit on it on the terrace....as it happened, I was glad of all three items as it was bloody freezing (especially in the absence of any excitement on the pitch to warm us up!!!)

In fact, I hadn't worn the coat for months and the best moment of the night was opening a top pocket and finding a couple of Yorkshire teabags in their little red sachets, which I must have pocketed during a hotel stay last winter. That fact that this was the highlight of the evening really tells you all you need to know about the game / evening!!!

Users who are viewing this thread