Football League Show - feature piece (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Tbf that's him speaking from the belief that a young team needs support. Most outsiders see it the same way.

Tbf, that's him illustrating his ignorance as to the reality of our situation and how it came about. Most outsiders are the same.

Sky Blue Pete

Stop with this support the young team - we would love to support this young team but they are not playing home games in Coventry!!

shmmeee

To be honest Nick there wasn't much in the way of SISU OUT chants today..

Couple of half hearted attempts during the game and a bit louder at the end (from where I was YMMV). Timmy Fisher What A Wanker got a good chorus or two.

Glad to see everyone behind the team, felt like everyone just wanted to enjoy the football. What a novel concept!

skybluesam66

i disagree re the outsiders - to some of them, we are just not important enough

i have a friend in italy - she has no interest in football, just knows i am a mad city supporter

sent me a mail for the first time in a couple of years, and she seemed fully clued up on what was going on

Also, i work near London - most there are clued up on what is happening -

I think coverage has been quite good- the trouble is we are nowhere near premier league, so we dont really matter to most people any more

Ashdown1

I think Rosenior is just a thick plank to be honest a bit like the other ex Leicester plonker they have on the show Claridge. What happened to intelligent summing up. ! 'Absolute scandal 'followed by' lets hope they can get up to Southampton err Northampton' ?!

@richh87

Tbf that's him speaking from the belief that a young team needs support. Most outsiders see it the same way.

Utter bullshit. Don't claim you know what 'most outsiders' think just to suit your terrible point of view. All outsiders I've spoken to totally agree that nobody should go to Northampton.

covhead1

I think Rosenior is just a thick plank to be honest a bit like the other ex Leicester plonker they have on the show Claridge. What happened to intelligent summing up. ! 'Absolute scandal 'followed by' lets hope they can get up to Southampton err Northampton' ?!

Absolutely right, the blokes a muppet!

RoboCCFC90

Totally agree Ashdown, Klem was saying to us lot yesterday that the reason for doing the piece was because there was more fans at Away Games than Sixfields so why would Manish and Leroy suggest that fans should go?

Grendel

Totally agree Ashdown, Klem was saying to us lot yesterday that the reason for doing the piece was because there was more fans at Away Games than Sixfields so why would Manish and Leroy suggest that fans should go?

They are saying it because they probay think it will not really influence the decision to move back either way - which it won't.

I don't entirely agree with the sell out the ground argument but that would put the boot on the other foot - and the council are probably more likely to yield than sisu. There ultimately is no business case to stay in Northampton and the ground won't be built even if there is a will.

So the choice is get back soon or cease to exist. For. That standpoint the comments are reasonable enough.

shmmeee

They are saying it because they probay think it will not really influence the decision to move back either way - which it won't.

I don't entirely agree with the sell out the ground argument but that would put the boot on the other foot - and the council are probably more likely to yield than sisu. There ultimately is no business case to stay in Northampton and the ground won't be built even if there is a will.

So the choice is get back soon or cease to exist. For. That standpoint the comments are reasonable enough.

I honestly don't think they care that much. They're just saying it as a bit of fluff at the end of the piece. I doubt they have an opinion on NOPM or anything else.

ESB

Well that was going swimmingly well, and for the BBC well reported although they failed to mention the away support being on a par with last season given the 80% drop in the home attendance.

Then Leroy fooks it up by showing how uninformed he is.

I'd give it 6.5 out of 10

stupot07

all we have is to pack every away games with more fans that are going to Sixfields...

long may that continue until we are back home, in COVENTRY.

Our league rivals will be rubbing their hands with glee at the bumper payout our fans will be giving them.....might help them afford to buy our best players of us. Yay! ;)

Nick

Administrator
I honestly don't think they care that much. They're just saying it as a bit of fluff at the end of the piece. I doubt they have an opinion on NOPM or anything else.

Exactly, they probably didn't even think about it before saying it, is just one of those cheesy lines they say after every feature.

FRY-CCFC

I like clem, what's your beef...

and partridge is right many fans understand why we're doing it but think that we should support the team although many of them are as uninformed as leroy

Nick

Administrator
Our league rivals will be rubbing their hands with glee at the bumper payout our fans will be giving them.....might help them afford to buy our best players of us. Yay! ;)

Never thought of it like that about buying our players with the money off our fans, would be ironic.

shmmeee

He's just saying how outsiders looking in see it. Stop being such a baby

Not any outsider I've met.

Every single one thinks its a travesty and is on the fans side. I've not met one person who thinks "that young team needs support" most have no clue if our team is young or not.

shmmeee

1500 City fans at £20 = £30,000.

Which of our best players will that buy?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Not any outsider I've met.

Every single one thinks its a travesty and is on the fans side. I've not met one person who thinks "that young team needs support" most have no clue if our team is young or not.

Have to agree - all the comments I've got have been along the lines of "I can't believe that this has been allowed to happen".

stupot07

Never thought of it like that about buying our players with the money off our fans, would be ironic.

I was slightly exaggerating but when you think about it we're withholding money from ccfc whilst taking bumper crowds to away games helping to swell their coffers.

italiahorse

QUOTE]

Your opinion.
It inferred that the fans were not going to Northampton because it was difficult to get too, not the fact that the fans are not going because they want the games in Coventry and refuse to go to Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread