Fleck leaving (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Always think when this happens and unless that are Messi or Ronaldo, if we have nothing to play for then draft the players for next season in.

covcity4life

jones looks like he will be a fan favourite. and sayoud and bulgarian seem to be rated by mowbray, least we should still have a good team next year and without defensive injuries once a month maybe we can get out of this league(if we dont already this season)

Otis

Not that bothered
Nope, me neither.

Been so many opposition play makers who have outshone him this year.

He may gather interest from the Championship, but I am not sure he can make the step up to be honest.

Far too hot and cold. From brilliant to the invisible man in the blink of an eye.

Sky Blue Kid

Talking about Vlad, TM said this??????.......
“You won’t be seeing him for a few weeks unless we get forced to by injuries,” said the City boss, mindful of the vulnerability full-back Martin Lorentzson experienced when he joined mid-term.
“I have said in the past that when players come in mid season or towards the end of this season it’s very difficult for them to get up to the speed of how we play and train.
“He is very vulnerable to injury so I would be very wary because he needs to train for a week or two and play some Under-21 football at his own pace so he can get up to speed.”...... WTF is he doing signing a crock for ffs!!!

Otis

Yeah, worrying, unless he just means he is vulnerable to injury at the moment due to lack of match fitness.

Liquid Gold

You cant blame him for wanting to challenge himself at a higher level, he's been with us for an age. I just can't see him making it though, it's a big step up to the championship and, the start of this season apart, he's hardly been a revelation here. Maybe one of the newly promoted clubs will take him on.

Sky Blue Kid

Don't get me started about Fleck! the boy is the biggest flop at CCFC. 3 times on friday he tried to dribble his way out of situations whilst defending and had the ball taken off him and never backtracked, prefering to let Vincelot do the donkey work. He'll be no loss to us IMHO.

Esoterica

“You won’t be seeing him for a few weeks unless we get forced to by injuries,” said the City boss, mindful of the vulnerability full-back Martin Lorentzson experienced when he joined mid-term.
“I have said in the past that when players come in mid season or towards the end of this season it’s very difficult for them to get up to the speed of how we play and train.
“He is very vulnerable to injury so I would be very wary because he needs to train for a week or two and play some Under-21 football at his own pace so he can get up to speed.”...... WTF is he doing signing a crock for ffs!!!

I read that as vulnerable to injury because he hasn't trained or played for a while, rather being a crock. Although you may well be right!

Last edited:

skyblueelephant

He's not signing a crock, he means that he hasn't played for a few months so putting him in straight away and stepping up the intensity means that players are more susceptible to injury.

rupert_bear

“You won’t be seeing him for a few weeks
;I have said in the past that when players come in mid season or towards the end of this season very difficult for them to get up to the speed of how we play and train.
Sorry what bollox ! Clubs have been signing players mid season for donkeys years often changing the season for their clubs IF you sign the right ones that is,

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If he's off & once it's 'mathematically' impossible to make the playoffs rather see the likes of Stevenson given a go for a few games give him & some of the other youngsters that'll be here next season a taste of first team football to send them away over the summer & pre season with a spring In their step.

Sky Blue Kid

“He is very vulnerable to injury".... TM is stating that Vlad is vulnerable and NOT generalising. Rupert, you're right, players have been brought in before and made a difference to team performance.

Last edited:

Otis

If he's off & once it's 'mathematically' impossible to make the playoffs rather see the likes of Stevenson given a go for a few games give him & some of the other youngsters that'll be here next season a taste of first team football to send them away over the summer & pre season with a spring In their step.
Yep. Wouldn't even say mathematically safe. Say we lose tonight, then again on Saturday and find oursleves 11 points adrift, I would say that is as good a time as any.

Captain Dart

There is no suggestion that Fleck on the part of anybody but the author of the article.

If you say so. Why don't you put a tenner on him staying if you're so confident. :)

rupert_bear

“He is very vulnerable to injury".... Not bollox at all, TM is stating that Vlad is vulnerable and NOT generalising.
All players are vulnerable to injury it's part and parcel of football. I personally think play offs are a dead duck so giving the Bulgarian some game time makes sense, there are only 8!games left so if he did get a knock hardly the end of the world is it ?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep. Wouldn't even say mathematically safe. Say we lose tonight, then again on Saturday and find oursleves 11 points adrift, I would say that is as good a time as any.

I personally would start from now but 'professionalism' would be Souter as a reason not too I'm sure! (Despite the fact several have been nowhere near up to scratch in their performances since Christmas.)

Sky Blue Kid

All players are vulnerable to injury it's part and parcel of football. I personally think play offs are a dead duck so giving the Bulgarian some game time makes sense, there are only 8!games left so if he did get a knock hardly the end of the world is it ?

Sorry Rupert, I edited that post because I forgot to take out the "Bollox bit :) If you look at my post #16 you will see what I meant to write ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope Fleck goes and if he needs a lift anywhere I am willing to drive him there.

Time to bring in the likes of Strvenson to have a look at him.

dongonzalos

Always think when this happens and unless that are Messi or Ronaldo, if we have nothing to play for then draft the players for next season in.

I know 8 points with a game in hand is a very unrealistic target
But I would want it mathematically impossible before you do that. Then I totally agree with you.

dongonzalos

Fleck is better than this level. One of the few of our own players who could cut it in the league above if we had got promoted.
I have a feeling he will be back off to Rangers though.

Skyblueweeman

Fleck is better than this level. One of the few of our own players who could cut it in the league above if we had got promoted.

He's had approaches from Championship clubs. Don't think he'll head back to Scotland. Certainly not Rangers.

Otis

Why do I always get the feeling you are from a far and distant planet, Dongo?

:)

Terry Gibson's perm

He's had approaches from Championship clubs. Don't think he'll head back to Scotland. Certainly not Rangers.

I think he will end up somewhere like Forest and if I was him I would sign the longest contract possible as they will soon be disappointed.

stevefloyd

Will not be sorry to see him go, had 'potential' when he came he has not in my opinion realised that potential so drop him now and blood either the Bulgarian or let Lameiras do his job,he seems to be missing half the time anyway so no great loss at all !! Now if we had Sawers from Walsall I would be absolutely gutted to see him leave

steve82

Will not be sorry to see him go, had 'potential' when he came he has not in my opinion realised that potential so drop him now and blood either the Bulgarian or let Lameiras do his job,he seems to be missing half the time anyway so no great loss at all !! Now if we had Sawers from Walsall I would be absolutely gutted to see him leave

Sawyers is s very good player, commanded the game v us

LB87ccfc

Fleck decided he was leaving weeks ago, nothing new here.

On his day one the best at dictating a game in this division, made to play too deep resulting in not seeing his passing range often enough unfortunately.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

My view is actually different to the vast majority on here – John Fleck is the best technical footballer we have had for quite a while. Absolute wand of a left foot at this level and could quite comfortably play in the Championship with better players around him. I will be sad to see him go.

Users who are viewing this thread