Fleck leaving (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

My view is actually different to the vast majority on here – John Fleck is the best technical footballer we have had for quite a while. Absolute wand of a left foot at this level and could quite comfortably play in the Championship with better players around him. I will be sad to see him go.

Technically I agree Fleck is the best behind Joe Cole at CCFC, but he rarely shows how good he can be. His biggest letdown always has been his lack of fitness. A underachiever of the highest level. Such a huge waste of talent.

Sky Blue Kid

Lack of fitness?

Yes, lack of fitness. Like Cole, he disappears for long periods in a game, doesn't look to want the ball. 3 times he was robbed of the ball in our defensive third of the field against Boro, and CBA to get back. Leaving Vincelot to do the Donkey work in tidying up after his mistakes. All this down to lack of fitness.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, lack of fitness. Like Cole, he disappears for long periods in a game, doesn't look to want the ball. 3 times he was robbed of the ball in our defensive third of the field against Boro, and CBA to get back. Leaving Vincelot to do the Donkey work in tidying up after his mistakes. All this down to lack of fitness.

Or maybe he's just a lazy f**ker.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seen better midfielders this season but there is no doubting he has ability. His passing range is his best asset IMO.

Players who were better, although may have been a different mould, include George Moncur, who we will see this evening, Anthony Grant, and one player who I do rate but don't see him as much in games when we've played them (watch him have a blinder next weekend) is Hessthaler of Gillingham

Covstu

Fleck will be a big loss for us in my opinion, he has been one of the catalysts when we played well and partnered with Vince they were a solid pairing when you had the right attacking threat down the flanks. I am pleased to see TM has a plan B in place which leads to the fact that this was all inevitable anyway.

Good luck to him but lets hope the Impaler can be a better replacement.

Skybluesince82

Spot on Covstu - Fleck always wants the ball and is looking to play. I don't think some people will appreciate what an important player he is for us until he's gone. Being a good midfielder isn't always about playing killer passes or through balls. Depending on the system that you play, having someone drop deep to pick up the ball and moving it around is as important as being your goal scoring midfielder or your little creator.
Even when he 'goes missing' as some people have said on here, he is always sticking his foot in and wanting the ball. We will miss him immensely when he's gone - but best of luck to him.

Grendel

Fleck is better than this level. One of the few of our own players who could cut it in the league above if we had got promoted.
I have a feeling he will be back off to Rangers though.

If he's better than this level why for over 70% of the time he has played in it he has looked distinctly average?

Otis

My view is actually different to the vast majority on here – John Fleck is the best technical footballer we have had for quite a while. Absolute wand of a left foot at this level and could quite comfortably play in the Championship with better players around him. I will be sad to see him go.
I also think Kevin Thornton was the best technical footballer we had for a while.

Means nowt in the grand scheme of things.

Why hasn't he ran the show more often for us and shown all this wonderful ability he has?

If he is as good as some believe him to be we should have seen a lot more one man shows from him.

In my opinion, the 1st half of the season Fleck was one of our players of the season along with vincelot, Martin and Armstrong. Maybe his big dip in form is the mistake of not offering him a new contract.

Otis

In my opinion, the 1st half of the season Fleck was one of our players of the season along with vincelot, Martin and Armstrong. Maybe his big dip in form is the mistake of not offering him a new contract.
It's the big dip in form during games that worries me most.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I also think Kevin Thornton was the best technical footballer we had for a while.

Means nowt in the grand scheme of things.

Why hasn't he ran the show more often for us and shown all this wonderful ability he has?

If he is as good as some believe him to be we should have seen a lot more one man shows from him.

I actually think he's been excellent in midfield for us over the last 3 seasons (discounting his first season). Yes he has his flaws, but he's a big asset at this level. Watching him next to Bigi on Friday night showed the gap in class between the two IMO (and I didn't think Bigi had a particularly poor game at all).

Hobo

I thought this would be John Flecks year. Yes he has ability but far too inconsistent for me. Not just from game to game even within a game.

Otis

I thought this would be John Flecks year. Yes he has ability but far too inconsistent for me. Not just from game to game even within a game.
Exactly my feeling too. Up and down like a yo-yo.

Nowhere near consistent enough even in a 90 minute game.

Paxman II

Fleck's a good player at this level and has on occasion done very well for us. I hope tonight he has a good game that he is capable of. But the issue with him has always been consistency. TM said he wanted goals from his midfielders this season and Fleck has lacked resolve in this regard. He has had opportunities but rarely goes for goal does he? He can at times be frustrating to watch, though overall very reliable. Is he therefore replaceable and no big loss? Yes. There are a lot more players out there with equal ability or better and we may have a ready replacement already, according to TM. So good luck to him, wherever he goes I doubt he will set the world alight tbh. Let's hope we get a few good consistent games from him in the meantime and he shows us what we will be missing...

Otis

Fleck's a good player at this level and has on occasion done very well for us. I hope tonight he has a good game that he is capable of. But the issue with him has always been consistency. TM said he wanted goals from his midfielders this season and Fleck has lacked resolve in this regard. He has had opportunities but rarely goes for goal does he? He can at times be frustrating to watch, though overall very reliable. Is he therefore replaceable and no big loss? Yes. There are a lot more players out there with equal ability or better and we may have a ready replacement already, according to TM. So good luck to him, wherever he goes I doubt he will set the world alight tbh. Let's hope we get a few good consistent games from him in the meantime and he shows us what we will be missing...
He has a great shot on him and should be scoring many more goals.

covcity4life

Yep, because it's actual.fact some players play shocking. So nobody with actual working eyes is saying he is playing amazingly well.

but i never said maddison is only called poor due to sale. although he wouldnt get same hate if he was still our player i dont think

fleck was in everyones top 3 players when we were on fire, he has gone off boil with the rest of team but i wont be looking forward to him leaving the club.

lifeskyblue

Personally thought fleck and vince were our best two before Christmas. Controlled games and set up attacks. Don't know what went wrong after...neither anywhere near as good. They no longer protect the back four, no longer break up the opposition and no longer threaten when they come forward. Early games fleck had at least a couple of long range shots that troubled the keeper every game. Now he doesn't carry the ball into the opposition half.
Like so much about this season the first few months compared to the last few just do not add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KersleyDigs

There are better midfielders than Fleck, playing in other L1 teams currently. He is replaceable. Fleck is a good player, but only seems to have one good half in him, he often disappears....

Woodster

Before Christmas Fleck was outstanding, on a par with Armstrong for me and when he was absent we looked much worse off.

Second half of the season though he has been poor - whether that's because the system has changed slightly or that he's getting more attention from the opposition I don't know but he hasn't come up with enough answers. I'd be happy if he wanted to stay but I won't lose any sleep if he heads off, or break the bank to try and keep him.

olderskyblue

I think we do miss Fleck when he doesn't play, as we don't have someone as good as him in reserve. The bigger problem is we need someone better than him, who can give consistent above average displays most games, and not decent for a half, then poor for a half.

steve82

Before Christmas Fleck was outstanding, on a par with Armstrong for me and when he was absent we looked much worse off.

Second half of the season though he has been poor - whether that's because the system has changed slightly or that he's getting more attention from the opposition I don't know but he hasn't come up with enough answers. I'd be happy if he wanted to stay but I won't lose any sleep if he heads off, or break the bank to try and keep him.

I agree, first half of the season his passing was top class, touch bang on after his first ban he started to slip. Back to miss placed passes and poor decisions.
Happy for him to stay.... If he goes then cheers good luck.
Not a championship player on my eyes tho, too hot and cold to play at that level every week. His inconsistent form makes him a top end league one player to me.

stupot07

I'm pretty sure he has been offered a deal, Mowbray was asked about it a few weeks back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

blueflint

personally i think fleck would be a big miss to the team where could we afford another midfielder with his skill level

Sky Blue Kid

Only one entity to blame for Fleck going for nothing at the end of the season... SISU!... We paid a fee for him to Rangers, but won't be recouping a penny when he walks, A la Westwood, Gunnarsson etc.

Users who are viewing this thread