Flat crowd (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I thought it was a cracking effort from the Tottenham fans considering it was only a 3rd round cup game against league 1 opposition. A million times better than their north London rivals

You compare Tottenham to recent away games, Mk, Donny etc the support was far better... Some league 1 home support is dire though.

SKYBLUESAM87

I presume this is a piss take. The fans today were awesome and the singing was great, we were way louder than spurs. Great atmosphere, shame about the lack of first half commitment from the blue boys!

I'm really confused about the amount of fans who thought the Cov support was good today. Maybe it was because i was next to the spurs fans but i though we were awful apart form a few chants in the second half and we were truly out sung by the spurs end.

North York’s Blue

I thought the atmopshere was ok from us (sat in 34 middle of the goal, 2nd row from the back) but nothing more, good first 15 (as Tottenham said) went v quiet after that and picked up in the second half, have seen better from us this season. Good atmosphere with 4 sets of fans in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street with not a copper in sight, good to see, as was the train journey up to WHL. Overall, got what we deserved, beaten by a better team, no disgrace.

superskyblue

Sat in the Tottenham end and we (you lot) consistently outsung spurs fans. Noise coming from you all game. Well done all!

superskyblue

It strikes me that some of the 'hardcore' who go to every away game wear it like a badge of honour and hate it when other fans come along and will therefore criticise any large following. It's as if people want us to be poorly supported. Pathetic.

ccfchandsy

I was in block 32 and we def didn't stop singing from before kick off till we got back on the coach I couldn't even hear any spurs songs it was that loud my throat is battered now though
Great support lads pusb

SkyBlueMania

The chap on bbc reporting for the game kept saying that although we were thoroughly outplayed our fans were singing their hearts out.must have been ok for him to keep bringing it up.

theferret

...and we were truly out sung by the spurs end.

Uh? A few too many ales? Even Spurs fans have admitted that we outsung them all second half, and parts of the first. Neutrals in the media have complimented us, City fans in the home end have said how noisy we were, and yet you think we were 'awful'? I have been in better followings, but yesterday was more than decent.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I was sat in the lower tier in Block 33 and there was a lot of singing around where I was. There was good banter between us and the Spurs fans to our right, and could also hear the Spurs fans far away to the left also singing the “We're the side over here” song. Was also good when the whole ground was singing "One Gary Mabbut!" Only downside (apart from the result :p) I had is that I wish I'd have sat either in the upper tier or lower down in the lower tier as the view towards the top of the lower tier was pretty crap.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought the atmopshere was ok from us (sat in 34 middle of the goal, 2nd row from the back) but nothing more, good first 15 (as Tottenham said) went v quiet after that and picked up in the second half, have seen better from us this season. Good atmosphere with 4 sets of fans in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street with not a copper in sight, good to see, as was the train journey up to WHL. Overall, got what we deserved, beaten by a better team, no disgrace.
I was around there, block 34. Last row, first half the performance an goals made us quiet. Second half was quite a bit of singing, seemed loud although didn't seem as loud as the mk dons game

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm so glad there was no anti-Semitic chanting, that would've disgraced the club. I had a feeling there would be a very small minority that would let us down.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Us we were easily out sung by the spurs fans and out lot were dead. No matter what we tried I just didn't take off

You know what, I completely agree with you. I was sitting in the lower tier today and as far as I could see there were motionless Cov fans everywhere, every time a song was attempted! The only effort i seen from these people was throughout the 59th rendition of LAST (Please can we put a cap on this song haha?) I don't know if it was due to the majority of the people there being season ticket holders and not opting to do the away days very often meaning they will rarely get to know what a decent atmosphere sounds like? But compared to quite a few league away games this season when the numbers have been a quarter of the size the atmosphere was not there at all.

Couldn't get a ticket but I can assure you listening on the radio the Cov fans were superb and much louder than and singing more often than Spurs.

You know what, I completely agree with you. I was sitting in the lower tier today and as far as I could see there were motionless Cov fans everywhere, every time a song was attempted! The only effort i seen from these people was throughout the 59th rendition of LAST (Please can we put a cap on this song haha?) I don't know if it was due to the majority of the people there being season ticket holders and not opting to do the away days very often meaning they will rarely get to know what a decent atmosphere sounds like? But compared to quite a few league away games this season when the numbers have been a quarter of the size the atmosphere was not there at all.

Totally agree

Couldn't get a ticket but I can assure you listening on the radio the Cov fans were superb and much louder than and singing more often than Spurs.

Depends where the press seats were though. My guess is to our left so the opposite side to where the spurs noise was coming from hence why we would sound much louder.

North York’s Blue

I don't understand this whole thing about season ticket holders away from home not helping the atmosphere; it smacks of only the non-season ticket holders making all the noise?? What exactly is the issue?

theferret

I seem to remember signing T&S for about 15 minutes non-stop second half and everyone seemed to be joining in. Perhaps I had more to drink that I realised.

Thought noise was decent. Not as good as MK Dons, but better than Arsenal which I thought was shit. At least yesterday there were no balloons and people wearing half/half scarves (not many anyway).

SBT

I'm so glad there was no anti-Semitic chanting, that would've disgraced the club. I had a feeling there would be a very small minority that would let us down.

Definitely heard a few idiots hissing at some points during the game, but it's sadly inevitable.

First half the atmosphere was a bit flat I thought, but we were letting in goals every few minutes, so it was to be expected. Spurs crowd was noisier than I anticipated too.

Second half we were, by all accounts, fantastic.

theferret

Definitely heard a few idiots hissing at some points during the game, but it's sadly inevitable.

First half the atmosphere was a bit flat I thought, but we were letting in goals every few minutes, so it was to be expected. Spurs crowd was noisier than I anticipated too.

Second half we were, by all accounts, fantastic.

Sure it wasn't people making ssshhhh noises?

D

Deleted member 4439

Yeah, I'm sure. Different sounds.

You're wrong - was banter with the (excellent) Spurs fans, since they'd shut up for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skybluecj

The first 15-20 mins of first half was us and it died down, but second half, non stop till the finish was the sky blues, I came home and old man said he heard spurs singing "we going to wembley" I had to correct him and say that was us, I didn't hear them sing that

ccfchandsy

The first 15-20 mins of first half was us and it died down, but second half, non stop till the finish was the sky blues, I came home and old man said he heard spurs singing "we going to wembley" I had to correct him and say that was us, I didn't hear them sing that
I think they did but we hit them back with it too

ampthill_sba

I met some Spurs fans on the way home that I know as they live in my village and they complimented us on our turnout and singing...on the top tier block 40 it felt like we never stopped singing :)

He dives when he wants, Gareth Bale he dives when he wants
There's only one Gary Mabbutt
How shit must you be Arsenal scored 6
Play Up Sky Blues (ad nauseum)
In our Coventry Homes
Sky Blue Army
Walking in a Robins Wonderland

To name a few

Faz

Block 41, right in the middle of row 19. Loud as could be for most of the second half. Either the OP is slightly deaf or he must be trolling surely?

Users who are viewing this thread