Votes: 5 4.7%

Votes: 7 6.5%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 4 3.7%

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

David O'Day

For the peanut gallery

"To send someone to Coventry is an English idiom meaning to deliberately ostracise someone. Typically, this is done by not talking to them, avoiding their company, and acting as if they no longer exist. Victims are treated as though they are completely invisible and inaudible. The Coventry in the phrase is the cathedral city in the West Midlands."

hill83

For the peanut gallery

"To send someone to Coventry is an English idiom meaning to deliberately ostracise someone. Typically, this is done by not talking to them, avoiding their company, and acting as if they no longer exist. Victims are treated as though they are completely invisible and inaudible. The Coventry in the phrase is the cathedral city in the West Midlands."

If you need to explain the joke there’s no point

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For the peanut gallery

We had this discussion on the other thread with people pointing this out. It's about owning a well known phrase often used as a negative against the city and turning it into a positive.

David O'Day

We had this discussion on the other thread with people pointing this out. It's about owning a well known phrase often used as a negative against the city and turning it into a positive.

Yes I am aware but someone asked what had happened to "sent to coventry" and I said it had been ignored and thusly someone seemed to think I meant it had been really ignore.

Does no one read the whole thread these days.

anyway it's the specials one or no one for me

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes I am aware but someone asked what had happened to "sent to coventry" and I said it had been ignored and thusly someone seemed to think I meant it had been really ignore.

Does no one read the whole thread these days.

anyway it's the specials one or no one for me

Get you now.

mark82

Combination between number 1 & 6.

Is there any potential issue with using the image on number 1?

Legia Sky Blue

I'm a bit reluctant to choose anything that focuses just on MR because it could potentially have a short shelf life for a lot of money.
So given that I guess the second one ha the most longevity but I do like the last one too. Not sure about the wording though.

Also, if "The Specials One" is chosen could it be done with the text as
The
Specials
One

There seems to be a lot of dead space in the centre of that flag.

It has to be the 'legacies forged' one for me as it focuses on all our managers that have won us trophy's. The others that are solely MR focused could look a little silly if MR should leave us, certainly more so than the one which also includes JH/ Sillett & Curtis, which would still have some relevance in a historical context if he did.

Edit - Missed number 2 when I first looked. That's the best for me - tying in 2 tone & CCFC, the 2 cultural icons that make me proud of Cov.

Last edited:

Otis

It has to be the 'legacies forged' one for me as it focuses on all our managers that have won us trophy's. The others that are solely MR focused could look a little silly if MR should leave us, certainly more so than the one which also includes JH/ Sillett & Curtis, which would still have some relevance in a historical context if he did.
It does concern me a little re Robins leaving. Think he will always be fondly thought of here though.

oscillatewildly

Anything with MR's image should have velcro patches around it and his name, IMHO.

Samo

No.4 for me, its a class above the others.

lifeskyblue

I like 10...the history of the club, in my life time, right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rob9872

I like 1,2&8. Voted for 8, can't believe I'm the only 1. Mint design, I'm half tempted to buy it anyway :)

Liquid Gold

Why would it look silly if he left? The whole point of getting a flag together is to celebrate his achievements with us, 2 promotions and a cup win in three years, he's a legend now if he leaves us, if we sack him or if he's here for another 10 years. Jimmy Hill walked out before we'd kicked a ball in the premier, should we go and tear down his statue?

B-Ban-Boogie

Damn, I forgot about this..
Probably too late to add one!

TsoIrwG.png

ccfcway

Don’t worry about what happens if Robins leaves, it doesn’t look much like him anyway. We just need the new manager to have initials as MR.

Mike Reid or Micky Rooney will see this flag have longevity

shmmeee

The thing I don't get with The Specials One design is why 'THE' is in black and 'SPECIALS ONE' in white. Shouldn't it alternate every letter or every word in line with the 2 tone style?

2-tone-specias-jpg.15593

I assumed it was four squares with alternative colours and no bottom right black square

Users who are viewing this thread