Fix The Sky Blues (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

When we moved to Northampton TF stated that funding the losses was no problem and SISU were budgeting to remain at Northampton for three years. Therefore, it's not that SISU don't have money to invest. Rather, it's that SISU don't WANT to invest. While the court cases are going on they have no incentive to make the club succeed because SISU can only get damages if they can show that the club has been damaged.
Not forgetting SISU paid for a new pitch to be laid at Northampton too (£150k IIRC) ;)

ecky

How much would Sisu want to leave?
The way things are going they will be losing more money.....

Terry Gibson's perm

That is the issue, I think people see places like Man City and just assume it can happen here.

Even if SISU said they were going to play 10 million in for players, fantastic when you look on the pitch but do we really want to be in any more debt to them? I'd much rather the club could stand on it's own 2 feet away from SISU, it also makes it more saleable.

I can't see the issue another 10 million would mean nothing

Hobo

He needs a bigger budget to play with and a decent pot to sign players for a fee .SISU did it before with Coleman , why can't they do it now with a better manager with a proven track record of success at club level ?

SISU did it before and it didnt work. They are playing the work within your budget regime now. We have had two seasons now where come January some investment could have resulted in promotion. They chose to sell instead.

rupert_bear

Last January, didn't we actually get more players in than lose?
We did, Hunt, Henderson and Ramage all provern players, also had Joe Cole making his cameo appearances and the return from injury of Superstar James Maddison, we failed alarmingly, can't blame sisu for that ! The manager ? If not who ?

Hobo

Last January, didn't we actually get more players in than lose?

It was the quality though Nick. We needed numbers and a few more options. We went for free agents who were available and not playing. Gambles. Hunt was probably a gamble worth taking, experienced and traditionally energetic...but he still needed
an indian summer.

It was not like we want him and him and signed players from other clubs.

Nick

Administrator
It was the quality though Nick. We needed numbers and a few more options. We went for free agents who were available and not playing. Gambles. Hunt was probably a gamble worth taking, experienced and traditionally energetic...but he still needed
an indian summer.

It was not like we want him and him and signed players from other clubs.

Like Jones and Rose?

Then there is Lorentzon who didn't prove to be very good.

Plenty of inward players came in. It isn't as we lost 5 of our best players and nobody at all came in in January.

rupert_bear

100% accurate Nick, forgot about Lorentzen. All these players took up resources I would think collectively about £10k a week. Could have got two pretty good players for that maybe three. So who's to blame Mowbray, Venus or both someone identified them as up to scratch. I think Rose is okay and you can always sign players who don't come off but four out of four !! Not good enough is it. And has it continued none of those signed are pulling up trees are they, two seem crocked already, Thomas came with injury issues and looks out he's out for some time.

Nick

Administrator
100% accurate Nick, forgot about Lorentzen. All these players took up resources I would think collectively about £10k a week. Could have got two pretty good players for that maybe three. So who's to blame Mowbray, Venus or both someone identified them as up to scratch. I think Rose is okay and you can always sign players who don't come off but four out of four !! Not good enough is it. And has it continued none of those signed are pulling up trees are they, two seem crocked already, Thomas came with injury issues and looks out he's out for some time.

What I also don't get is that it was made as a "rush to get players in".

I personally thought he took a gamble on people like Henderson and they didn't pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread