Fix The Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

Let's be honest lads, our start to the season has fucking shit. I was going to head up to Carrow Road on Tuesday night, but my commentary commitments meant i couldn't. In a way im glad i didn't, but my game wasn't much better. But we all know we can't carry on like this. Something has to give. Mowbray is a stand out manager, so i've got no doubt he's the right man to take us forward. But he's got work to do. So for this week's Cooks Question (round 2, the first one was a dud), i want to know what you think Tony Mowbray needs to do to fix the sky blues. New formation, different approach to training, emphasis on youth or just fresh talent. Let me know your views and i'll read out the best ones on Thursday's edition of Sports Lounge, live on 98.6 Hillz FM from 10am. If you cant make the live show, you can catch up after Thursday lunchtime via www.mixcloud.com/liamcook. Cheers lads

Martin180

He needs a bigger budget to play with and a decent pot to sign players for a fee .SISU did it before with Coleman , why can't they do it now with a better manager with a proven track record of success at club level ?

SBAndy

It's a mish mash though. We don't have a fucking RB/RWB. We have signed a winger and then played a formation without wingers. We've got 4 CBs (including Harries) to cover 3 spots until January.

Ian1779

We don't have the personnel really for this formation so I'd change it.

Martin180

It's a mish mash though. We don't have a fucking RB/RWB. We have signed a winger and then played a formation without wingers. We've got 4 CBs (including Harries) to cover 3 spots until January.
Both Stokes and McCann can play centre back , I think Mowbray wanted Stokes to play left side of the three

coop

He needs a budget to attract his first choices at pre season. I think a big part of why we look so poor at times is some of the player's are probably his 2nd maybe 3rd or even all I can get choices. The couple of games I've seen so far I think we looked ok but missed the final ball .We need to be able to change the way we play ,ie formations in play as well as to face different teams.I personally think you play your best team available and to much fucking around with changing players game after game.We done great for a couple of months last year and then I think we or TM lost his way.No new players this week as far as it looks? I'm panicking to be fair unless results change quickly the already shit and empty Ricoh will get even less inviting to attend.

Martin180

We've missed out on Wilson , Clarke , Smith and Ojala that we know about , how many more ?

I imagine with Leon Clarke up top we would certainly have a few more points and goals so far , him and Agyei would be formidable

Martin180

I think we've got more than just cast offs , Turnbull , Sordell and McCann would've been sought after by other sides .The one that baffles me is Page , left side we looked fairly good so his signing is weird

rupert_bear

Was enthused by Tony Mowbray first half of last season, exciting attacking football that was good on the eye and a welcome change from previous years, but since Christmas we have been basically awful on the pitch and TM seems unable to remedy it. We haven't improved a bit from last season, can't blame sisu for how the side is picked, the formation or asked how to play, that's 100% down to the manager. Remember it wasn't sisu who signed Ramage, Hunt or Henderson, How many games did they play collectively ?

Martin180

Was enthused by Tony Mowbray first half of last season, exciting attacking football that was good on the eye and a welcome change from previous years, but since Christmas we have been basically awful on the pitch and TM seems unable to remedy it. We haven't improved a bit from last season, can't blame sisu for how the side is picked, the formation or asked how to play, that's 100% down to the manager. Remember it wasn't sisu who signed Ramage, Hunt or Henderson, How many games did they play collectively ?
Hunt wasn't that bad to be fair , the other two were dreadful but maybe all we could afford .And that definetly is SISUS fault .Last season the squad wasn't any bigger than this seasons but we have had a wretched time with injuries to key players

dongonzalos

RCC Burge
DKE (new signing)
Turnball, Willis, Rickets, Harries, Stokes
Haynes, Page

Vlad, McCann, Stephenson, Rose New signing

Lamieres, Jones, Reid, Spence,

Dan A, Tudgay, Sordell New Signing

He just needs to sign a decent Right wing back.
A Vincelot
A Leon Clarke

If he signs three players of that calibre in those positions and has a bit of luck with injuries we will be nibbling at the play offs again.

singers_pore

The "quality" of our squad is absolutely abysmal especially up front. There's only so much a manager can do in terms of changing tactics, formations, etc. At the end of the day, teams generally finish where they ought to finish based on the quality of their playing staff.

I genuinely cannot see us finishing above half-way in the table and I fear we could end up in a relegation battle especially when Agyei's loan ends in January. This season has the same feel to me as the two seasons in which we were relegated from the Prem and the Championship. For me, the writing is on the wall.

I also feel that TM has lost his enthusiasm for the job. It shows in his body language and in his interviews on the radio. Speaking of interviews, TM hasn't given any interviews on Sky Blue Player since May 8. In contrast, TM was on SBP every few days during his first few months in the job.

D

Deleted member 2477

i know lets sack tm and get another manager as thats always worked in the past hasnt it.
Tm is a quality manager trying his best with a poor budget.
Weve tried new managers, new formations, new players young and old and other than the first half of last season we have been dog shit for the past 10 years.

Theres only one common factor still in place amongst all this and thats whos at the wheel of the ship.
Be realistic what decent player wants to come and sign a contract for a club being run by idiots who have shown no ambition or financial comittement to improve and get out this league. Our owners have pissed off every other party involved with our club, lost our academy as a result, took us out of our city and in two years time wont have a ground to play in. Look at flecks comments when he left re sufc being a club with more ambition. Who do you think that was aimed at as it wasnt tm.
Im not saying he made the right choice going to sufc as clearly they have issues as well but can anyone recall any of our players in the past five or ten years who we wanted to retain renewing their contracts. They all walk away as they have seen where this club is going under sisu

coop

i know lets sack tm and get another manager as thats always worked in the past hasnt it.
Tm is a quality manager trying his best with a poor budget.
Weve tried new managers, new formations, new players young and old and other than the first half of last season we have been dog shit for the past 10 years.

Theres only one common factor still in place amongst all this and thats whos at the wheel of the ship.
Be realistic what decent player wants to come and sign a contract for a club being run by idiots who have shown no ambition or financial comittement to improve and get out this league. Our owners have pissed off every other party involved with our club, lost our academy as a result, took us out of our city and in two years time wont have a ground to play in. Look at flecks comments when he left re sufc being a club with more ambition. Who do you think that was aimed at as it wasnt tm.
Im not saying he made the right choice going to sufc as clearly they have issues as well but can anyone recall any of our players in the past five or ten years who we wanted to retain renewing their contracts. They all walk away as they have seen where this club is going under sisu
Not saying that and don't want him sacked just to get proper backing something behind the scenes that we don't no about is wrong.Personally I think since Anderson has come in we have gone poor he might be getting to involved in team issues slashed budgets something has gone tits up.We have potential to be a big club again with the correct backing but under Sisu we have no chance.

ClarkeZ

He needs a bigger budget to play with and a decent pot to sign players for a fee .SISU did it before with Coleman , why can't they do it now with a better manager with a proven track record of success at club level ?
And where does that money magically come from?

stevefloyd

Well naturally from the owners... if they dont want to speculate they should cut their losses and fuck off along with their court cases.. CCc may stop fucking us over as well then. Sisu just seem to poison any possible relationships they are connected to . CCC Wasps Alan Higgs fans etc etc

ClarkeZ

Well naturally from the owners... if they dont want to speculate they should cut their losses and fuck off along with their court cases.. CCc may stop fucking us over as well then. Sisu just seem to poison any possible relationships they are connected to . CCC Wasps Alan Higgs fans etc etc

In an ideal world, if we were owned by a sheikh with billions then great, lets just pour money in.
But we arent. Its a normal business that owns us, dont get me wrong I'm not exactly pro-sisu, I would like to see change, but if they don't have millions to just drop into the business then they cant magic it up from somewhere.
If they undertake debt to bring millions of £s worth of players in and the club doesn't get a fast promotion and we dont start getting 25k gates, neither of which are remotely guaranteed, then we can't repay the debt, the interest climbs and we are up shit creek.
At least we are currently financially stable, we have something to build on. It will take time, which is shit, but its better than staring liquidation or administration in the face for years at a time waiting for the 10pt deduction which may relegate us and begin the cycle again.

People seem to think money just exists to plough into football clubs, in the EPL yes it does, here? No it doesnt.

Nick

Administrator
In an ideal world, if we were owned by a sheikh with billions then great, lets just pour money in.
But we arent. Its a normal business that owns us, dont get me wrong I'm not exactly pro-sisu, I would like to see change, but if they don't have millions to just drop into the business then they cant magic it up from somewhere.
If they undertake debt to bring millions of £s worth of players in and the club doesn't get a fast promotion and we dont start getting 25k gates, neither of which are remotely guaranteed, then we can't repay the debt, the interest climbs and we are up shit creek.
At least we are currently financially stable, we have something to build on. It will take time, which is shit, but its better than staring liquidation or administration in the face for years at a time waiting for the 10pt deduction which may relegate us and begin the cycle again.

People seem to think money just exists to plough into football clubs, in the EPL yes it does, here? No it doesnt.

That is the issue, I think people see places like Man City and just assume it can happen here.

Even if SISU said they were going to play 10 million in for players, fantastic when you look on the pitch but do we really want to be in any more debt to them? I'd much rather the club could stand on it's own 2 feet away from SISU, it also makes it more saleable.

Sky Blue Kid

Because they couldn't give a f**k mate :(

SkyblueBri

To Fix the Sky Blues all I want is an owner that wants to run a football club and hence try to make it successful. The way we're going I don't see that happening until we're in Div 2 or the conference! I really hope I'm wrong but history so far supports this view.

ClarkeZ

Then why wont they leave? It just don't make sense
Because they have money invested into the club/company.
If they just walked away the lose shit loads of money. They have created financial stability at a club where any kind of stability should be seen as a miracle. Now they are trying to find profits and recoup losses. Thats all it is, business. They dont want to lose money or potential for it should we scrape a shock promotion in the next few years.

If someone came in to buy the club for a sum SISU think would recover losses etc, then I'm sure they would consider selling, itll be a burden off their hands. But no one wants the club, and who can blame them?! Its a black hole for money, no assets, no stadium, fuck all.

Nick

Administrator
Because they have money invested into the club/company.
If they just walked away the lose shit loads of money. They have created financial stability at a club where any kind of stability should be seen as a miracle. Now they are trying to find profits and recoup losses. Thats all it is, business. They dont want to lose money or potential for it should we scrape a shock promotion in the next few years.

If someone came in to buy the club for a sum SISU think would recover losses etc, then I'm sure they would consider selling, itll be a burden off their hands. But no one wants the club, and who can blame them?! Its a black hole for money, no assets, no stadium, fuck all.

Exactly, they will just run it as a break even business which is what people don't seem to get :(

Yes, it would be amazing if they randomly said "we love ccfc, here is £100m see you in the prem, we don't want that cash back", it isn't going to happen.

If money doesn't come in, they will cut costs.

ClarkeZ

Exactly, they will just run it as a break even business which is what people don't seem to get :(

Yes, it would be amazing if they randomly said "we love ccfc, here is £100m see you in the prem, we don't want that cash back", it isn't going to happen.

If money doesn't come in, they will cut costs.

The scary part is if the attendances remain circa or sub 10k all season, that budget will reduce next season too. That could be a downward spiral we could struggle to get out of.

NortonSkyBlue

The scary part is that we haven't got anybody capable of navigating the club through the quagmire of legals, relationships, sport or even with its captive audience-us! We are bereft of leadership, common sense and cash, whats left is hope and that is what is expiring on a daily basis.

singers_pore

When we moved to Northampton TF stated that funding the losses was no problem and SISU were budgeting to remain at Northampton for three years. Therefore, it's not that SISU don't have money to invest. Rather, it's that SISU don't WANT to invest. While the court cases are going on they have no incentive to make the club succeed because SISU can only get damages if they can show that the club has been damaged.

NorthernWisdom

When we moved to Northampton TF stated that funding the losses was no problem and SISU were budgeting to remain at Northampton for three years. Therefore, it's not that SISU don't have money to invest. Rather, it's that SISU don't WANT to invest. While the court cases are going on they have no incentive to make the club succeed because SISU can only get damages if they can show that the club has been damaged.

But then whatever investment they make, will always be with an eye on financial profit. We were lucky(?) that early on, their aims coincided with our aims on the surface (although I said then, and say now that I'd take building the infrastructure of the club over a Freddie Eastwood any day!) but it's hard to see how aims of financial profit can coincide with us just atm. The only realistic way I can see that, is the academy, and player trading. Maybe if we're lucky, building a new ground *can* be made to work on a balance sheet to look viable.

But there ain't much in our favour.

stupot07

We've missed out on Wilson , Clarke , Smith and Ojala that we know about , how many more ?

I imagine with Leon Clarke up top we would certainly have a few more points and goals so far , him and Agyei would be formidable
We didn't miss out on Smith or Ojala - mowbray decided not to sign them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread