Fisher's remarks (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

David Pleat annoys the hell out of me and he constantly gets players names wrong... The guys a fool. Yet he keeps getting commentary jobs.
I'd also suggest Fisher is a puppet, merely a mouthpiece for those who own the club. He is told how to run it, doesn't use his own money and, to be honest, I'm not sure he was in charge when we went down? He probably was but I can't remember, there was so much chopping and changing around that time. He's a tool, and he says stupid things, but I'd say the state the club is in has about 0.1% to do with him.

Fisher was on the board from the December before we went down (i.e. before the January transfer window) and was in charge by around the March/April time.

What your saying is he is basically a yes man. Someone who is afraid to advise the owner that they are making a mistake, someone who refuses to honour their responsibility as CEO of the business, someone who doesn't have the guts to stand up and say this is wrong.

You have to remember that his responsibility, his duty, isn't to Sisu, Avro, or Seppalla, it is to Coventry City. On that he has clearly failed in every aspect.

kg82

Fisher was on the board from the December before we went down (i.e. before the January transfer window) and was in charge by around the March/April time.

What your saying is he is basically a yes man. Someone who is afraid to advise the owner that they are making a mistake, someone who refuses to honour their responsibility as CEO of the business, someone who doesn't have the guts to stand up and say this is wrong.

You have to remember that his responsibility, his duty, isn't to Sisu, Avro, or Seppalla, it is to Coventry City. On that he has clearly failed in every aspect.

Well if he was only at the club for 5 months before relegation I'd suggest that isn't his fault.

And no, not even a yes man.

Who is he paid by, out of interest?

rupert_bear

Obviously don't know what or if there is any truth in this we are ripe to be bought out thing and after a number of seemingly false dawns to say I am sceptical is an understatement, BUT as I see things presently something like this is our only chance of some sort of resurrection, as I see it under sisu and their men in charge TF and SW we are doomed for a much lower existence than what we have at the moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

David Pleat annoys the hell out of me and he constantly gets players names wrong... The guys a fool. Yet he keeps getting commentary jobs.
I'd also suggest Fisher is a puppet, merely a mouthpiece for those who own the club. He is told how to run it, doesn't use his own money and, to be honest, I'm not sure he was in charge when we went down? He probably was but I can't remember, there was so much chopping and changing around that time. He's a tool, and he says stupid things, but I'd say the state the club is in has about 0.1% to do with him.

He was in charge and sanctioned Thorn being allowed to waste the following pre-season.

KersleyDigs

Its not in Fishers interest for the club to be sold. No new owners would ever keep the fool on, and he would never get a job elsewhere.

Imagine his interview? "OK Tim, what are your achievements at Ccfc?"
"Well I oversaw a relegation, a liquidation, ensured the club had no long term tenancy, reduced the customer base by nearly 50%, I have proven to be useless in court, reduced turnover and added to the debt. Also as a side note, no one believes a word I say".

With a record like that he would struggle to get a job as a lollipop man.

Well said that man!

Nonleagueherewecome

Bet they wish that they'd taken Hoffman's quid now, it would have saved them millions...

wingy

Its not in Fishers interest for the club to be sold. No new owners would ever keep the fool on, and he would never get a job elsewhere.

"Well I oversaw a relegation, a liquidation, ensured the club had no long term tenancy, reduced the customer base by nearly 50%, I have proven to be useless in court, reduced turnover and added to the debt. Also as a side note, no one believes a word I say".

You omitted his biggest achievement

I hear he's to receive a commendation and suitable gong from the RFC for services advancing the Oval ball game In the region ;-)

Nonleagueherewecome

You omitted his biggest achievement

I hear he's to receive a commendation and suitable gong from the RFC for services advancing the Oval ball game In the region ;-)

Sure it isn't from RFC?

ccfcway

surely he cant fail to impress when he shows them the drawings of the new stadium

jabharty

The club certainly isn't at the bottom of the business cycle. Get relegated and we're in the barren wasteland of the business cycle. Lack of immediate support, lack of new supporters coming through, and owners thinking we can go up without investment in the playing squad.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
pretty certain it wont be for sale at the moment. The club is party to the legal actions (both Otium & SBS&L named as plaintiffs) and ownership of CCFC would be essential to any rights to compensation should the legal actions be successful. I would think it is as simple as that

I would think also that the implication of that is that the club will have to fund itself for the foreseeable future...... so hence no transfer kitty

Users who are viewing this thread