Fishers mad ramblings (1 Viewer)

Sub

The thing is Tim Fisher may have a point say if we are in the Play-Offs after 6 games but realisticly I don't expect this to be the case, howver after speaking to a very good friend of mine, who is also a poster on this forum, we both agreed that many people can say at this point we will stay away but maintaining that stance is going to be very hard and I am sure Timmy Fisher know's this, he also knows that success brings crowds in and I am sure if we get the slightest hint of success fans will go to Northampton.

bit hard to have sucess though with no players (transfer embargo), no fans, no income and every person, Mp's council ACL, fans , former plyers slating you for everything you are doing to the club! do you think the players want to play for our owners? remember what it was like when the players wages were late we got battered in everygame we played in, this is more or less the same senario

mark82

The thing is Tim Fisher may have a point say if we are in the Play-Offs after 6 games but realisticly I don't expect this to be the case, howver after speaking to a very good friend of mine, who is also a poster on this forum, we both agreed that many people can say at this point we will stay away but maintaining that stance is going to be very hard and I am sure Timmy Fisher know's this, he also knows that success brings crowds in and I am sure if we get the slightest hint of success fans will go to Northampton.

I guess you are right. A lot of us have never seen CCFC achieve anything. If we are top 6 come Christmas maybe people will jump on the bandwagon. Can't say I would be going though.

italiahorse

Fisher Not Expecting Boycott To Last - Coventry City CEO Tim Fisher has said that he does not expect any fans boycott of Sixfields Stadium to last.Speaking to a loing standing Coventry City supporter last night at Coventry Station as he waited for Dan Walker to take him to the SCG Meeting, Mr Fisher, who says he has nothing to be sorry for, expects fans to boycott the first couple of games but feels that most will be back after three matches.Mr Fisher, who says that SISU have no intention of buying Sixfields in order to get their hands on*a redeveloped stadium, facilities including a hotel and land close to the M1,*maintains his stance that he is expecting 3,000-7,000 per game at Sixfields Stadium and is expecting at least seven sold out matches.*

I think it will the other way round. People will go as a novelty and then it will drop off.

The ones that will stay where CCFC is maybe the most important thing in there lives.
I take 2 disabled guys to away games and see how important it is too them and others alike in the disabled area.
Fortunately for me both of them are not going so I can stay away myself.

Noggin

The crowds will be horrible without any boycott at all. There seems to be an assumption that the reason the crowds will be terrible is because of a boycott that isn't true, the reason the crowds will be abysmal is because of a boycott the reason the crowds will be terrible is we are in effect away for every game. So realistically the best they can hope for is to match our normal away average anyone know an approximation of what that was last year? and it will be lower than last years away average because all these "away" games are in the same place and so don't have the interest of a normal away game, there will be twice as many "away" games as last year, the enthusiasm and optimism for our time in this league is gone, our team is likely to be significantly weaker and we are unlikely to be pushing for promotion.

If we are doing well he can hope for somewhere approaching our away average to midlands games we don't consider derbys but thats still pretty terrible if we are doing badly and unfortunately we all know that to be way more likely the crowds are going to drop as the season goes on, not increase as we come crawling back as he expects.

I actually think our first couple of games will be our biggest home support of the season (assuming no amazing cup game). The complete opposite to what Tim says.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

bit hard to have sucess though with no players (transfer embargo), no fans, no income and every person, Mp's council ACL, fans , former plyers slating you for everything you are doing to the club! do you think the players want to play for our owners? remember what it was like when the players wages were late we got battered in everygame we played in, this is more or less the same senario

But it's not like we don't have any players, no fans, no income and so on as we have seen many people have decided they will go to the games and will continue to invest money into supporting the club, unfortunately just because 91% of members on Sky Blues Talk and 100 Fans who have protested with the Sky Blue Trust have said they're not going doesn't mean it speaks for all the club's supporters. We are in a situation whereby we can't sign anyone. The players will make there own mind up as to what they want, as they are professionals after all and have to make the best decision for many reasons, however I don't see us struggling as much as people think if we can maintain the current squad, obviously we need a CB, but if we have too, Christie can fill that position and Jordan Clarke can slot into RB.

RoboCCFC90

The crowds will be horrible without any boycott at all. There seems to be an assumption that the reason the crowds will be terrible is because of a boycott that isn't true, the reason the crowds will be abysmal is because of a boycott the reason the crowds will be terrible is we are in affect away for every game. So realistically the best they can hope for is to match our normal away average anyone know an approximation of what that was last year? and it will be lower than last years away average because all these "away" games are in the same place and so don't have the interest of a normal away game, there will be twice as many "away" games as last year, the enthusiasm and optimism for our time in this league is gone, our team is likely to be significantly weaker and we are unlikely to be pushing for promotion.

If we are doing well he can hope for somewhere approaching our away average to midlands games we don't consider derbys but thats still pretty terrible if we are doing badly and unfortunately we all know that to be way more likely the crowds are going to drop as the season goes on, not increase as we come crawling back as he expects.

I actually think our first couple of games will be our biggest home support of the season (assuming no amazing cup game). The complete opposite to what Tim says.

Possibly Noggin, but unfortunately with anything in this sport Tim Fisher know's the two thing's he needs to know about Football Supporters (his client base), a) They're naive - People will follow the club and not everyone will boycott forever especially if (which brings me to point b) The Club is successful - People will turn up to the games to support the club, because they want to be apart of the positivity at the club. Now I know all to well that we aren't going to win the league, but imagine if we were second at Christmas? Yes we may start at say 1100 attendance (The away average you asked for Noggin for last season), but that will rise incredibly if we got through Christmas in that position, maybe a FA Cup 3rd Round draw and then your into the final strides. Do I think this will happen? No probably not I can't see past Mid-Table should we keep the current squad in tact. However we lose Clarke and Baker and then things are season is going to be like a ton of falling bricks.

Nonleagueherewecome

Possibly Noggin, but unfortunately with anything in this sport Tim Fisher know's the two thing's he needs to know about Football Supporters (his client base), a) They're naive - People will follow the club and not everyone will boycott forever especially if (which brings me to point b) The Club is successful - People will turn up to the games to support the club, because they want to be apart of the positivity at the club. Now I know all to well that we aren't going to win the league, but imagine if we were second at Christmas? Yes we may start at say 1100 attendance (The away average you asked for Noggin for last season), but that will rise incredibly if we got through Christmas in that position, maybe a FA Cup 3rd Round draw and then your into the final strides. Do I think this will happen? No probably not I can't see past Mid-Table should we keep the current squad in tact. However we lose Clarke and Baker and then things are season is going to be like a ton of falling bricks.

I think the morale in the camp renders 2nd place impossible. Just read what Baker has said. To be second in this league, you not only need decent players, but a fantastic team atmosphere with players putting everything they've got in, week after week. Our situation is hardly conducive to that scenario.

Astute

But it's not like we don't have any players, no fans, no income and so on as we have seen many people have decided they will go to the games and will continue to invest money into supporting the club, unfortunately just because 91% of members on Sky Blues Talk and 100 Fans who have protested with the Sky Blue Trust have said they're not going doesn't mean it speaks for all the club's supporters. We are in a situation whereby we can't sign anyone. The players will make there own mind up as to what they want, as they are professionals after all and have to make the best decision for many reasons, however I don't see us struggling as much as people think if we can maintain the current squad, obviously we need a CB, but if we have too, Christie can fill that position and Jordan Clarke can slot into RB.

There are a few on this site I have met up with at away games. They will all tell you I bump into people I know at the games. Nobody I know at games other than I have met from this site actually are on here. And none of them will be going to our 'home' games next season. I have been doing away games for 30 years now, so have got to know a fair few other like minded people.

On here we have a small few that keep saying about how they are going and trying to find fault elsewhere than SISU. We read what they say. Fans that don't come on here don't come across others with such views as much.

magic82ball

What I don't get is even if I was planning on going, I certainly wouldn't tell anyone for the shame of being such a scab. Its like me telling people I vote BNP... which I don't.

RegTheDonk

I think the morale in the camp renders 2nd place impossible. Just read what Baker has said. To be second in this league, you not only need decent players, but a fantastic team atmosphere with players putting everything they've got in, week after week. Our situation is hardly conducive to that scenario.

Especially when Elvis has told players they can go - but we're still under an embargo, so he may have to rely on them to play. Not exactly motivational for a player I would think.

Nonleagueherewecome

Especially when Elvis has told players they can go - but we're still under an embargo, so he may have to rely on them to play. Not exactly motivational for a player I would think.

He mis-understood the proverb about the best way to dig yourself out of a hole...

LastGarrison

Fisher Not Expecting Boycott To Last - Coventry City CEO Tim Fisher has said that he does not expect any fans boycott of Sixfields Stadium to last.Speaking to a loing standing Coventry City supporter last night at Coventry Station as he waited for Dan Walker to take him to the SCG Meeting, Mr Fisher, who says he has nothing to be sorry for, expects fans to boycott the first couple of games but feels that most will be back after three matches.Mr Fisher, who says that SISU have no intention of buying Sixfields in order to get their hands on*a redeveloped stadium, facilities including a hotel and land close to the M1,*maintains his stance that he is expecting 3,000-7,000 per game at Sixfields Stadium and is expecting at least seven sold out matches.*

Do you know what I don't believe about this story?

Is that he was just "stood" at Cov station like he's a normal everyday man going about his business in the city chatting to life long City fans. I honestly think if he was just "stood waiting at the station" someone would at the very least give him some grief and/or act in an aggressive manner or maybe even lamp him (not that I would or condone it officer blah blah repeat to fade) or at the very least reported that they seen "that cvnt Fisher at Cov station" on Facebook, Twitter etc.

Users who are viewing this thread