Fishers mad ramblings (1 Viewer)

mattylad

Fisher Not Expecting Boycott To Last - Coventry City CEO Tim Fisher has said that he does not expect any fans boycott of Sixfields Stadium to last.Speaking to a loing standing Coventry City supporter last night at Coventry Station as he waited for Dan Walker to take him to the SCG Meeting, Mr Fisher, who says he has nothing to be sorry for, expects fans to boycott the first couple of games but feels that most will be back after three matches.Mr Fisher, who says that SISU have no intention of buying Sixfields in order to get their hands on*a redeveloped stadium, facilities including a hotel and land close to the M1,*maintains his stance that he is expecting 3,000-7,000 per game at Sixfields Stadium and is expecting at least seven sold out matches.*

kg82

I really do think that is deluded. I don't think he gets what has actually happened and the feeling of pure disgust with the people behind it.

His opinion is as valid as any ones in this whole sorry mess...no one really knows how many will go, I am sure 95% on here wont, but that is not all the Coventry support...

RFC

Plus a company (or companies) are actively searching for appropriate sites for the new stadium on the 'outskirts' of Coventry. (like Ryton, it may come under Rugby Council?).

We WILL be back on Coventry, although I'd prefer it to be sooner, rather than later! PUSB

bigfatronssba

His opinion is as valid as any ones in this whole sorry mess...no one really knows how many will go, I am sure 95% on here wont, but that is not all the Coventry support...

The only people I know that will go are either on here, or the odd one ringing into CWR.

Everyone that I know, Family, Friends, Colleagues who all used to go regularly have said no.

A few of them a month or two ago said they would still go to some games, but even they have said now they will boycott.

As we all know City fans are sheep. The same mentality that gets big crowds for certain games is now being played out in reverse.

bigfatronssba

Plus a company (or companies) are actively searching for appropriate sites for the new stadium on the 'outskirts' of Coventry. (like Ryton, it may come under Rugby Council?).

We WILL be back on Coventry, although I'd prefer it to be sooner, rather than later! PUSB

Good luck getting that planning permission.

The Reverend Skyblue

Fisher says this because he has no feelings and attachment for the club, so he obviuosly thinks we will all give in and go to sixpence and forget very soon after season start

He had ripped a club from its city and community it represents, taking it to another part of the country and he thinks we will forgive and forget after 3 games. He's must be on anther planet if he thinks that will happen

We will lose thousands of fans now ,and in the next generation . Fans love their club and have loved it for 40/50/60 years, he just works for the club and nothing else.

he will get one huge surprise very soon then if he thinks we will sell-out any games and even break 3000 HOME fans regularly. So he thinks we will get 4-7000 fans on a Wednesday night against the like s of Carlisle,Orient, Colchester, Port vale, Gillingham,Walsall Crawley,Stevenage, Swindon, I could go on, he's totally incompetent and clueless and the patronising prick will do well to stop all this crap before he loses even more fans who are fed up with his attitiude

More contemptable ramblings fron Fisher, he treats us with utter contempt and the more he goes on like this the sterner the fans will stay back and start to do other things on the Sundays/Wednesdays, and they will be lost forever.

Last edited:

covey1987

Only time I can see a big crowd (ie 3000+) will be when the likes of wolves turn up & that will be away fans. I hope Cov fans don't start to drift back and prove TWTF how far from reality he is.

bigfatronssba

Only time I can see a big crowd (ie 3000+) will be when the likes of wolves turn up & that will be away fans. I hope Cov fans don't start to drift back and prove TWTF how far from reality he is.

Fortunately we always lose when we get a "big" crowd and that always puts people off coming back.

philmcc

I met my mate (who I go to the games with) for a drink and a catch up the other night as he has spent a few weeks working away.....the first thing he said to me was "we are gonna have a few good nights out in Northampton after the games ain't we?" He hasn't even flinched at all this going on. Not sure how representative he is of the wider fanbase though!! His reaction ...or lack of it, was a bit of a surprise!

If they are struggling I would tend to agree, but using your sheep analogy if they start winning or get a cup run people will go, I also think there will be a element that will go out of curiosity...I may be one of them, for one or two games (please don't shout at me!) Its not confirmed yet :thinking about:

The only people I know that will go are either on here, or the odd one ringing into CWR.

Everyone that I know, Family, Friends, Colleagues who all used to go regularly have said no.

A few of them a month or two ago said they would still go to some games, but even they have said now they will boycott.

As we all know City fans are sheep. The same mentality that gets big crowds for certain games is now being played out in reverse.

covhead1

Fisher Not Expecting Boycott To Last - Coventry City CEO Tim Fisher has said that he does not expect any fans boycott of Sixfields Stadium to last.Speaking to a loing standing Coventry City supporter last night at Coventry Station as he waited for Dan Walker to take him to the SCG Meeting, Mr Fisher, who says he has nothing to be sorry for, expects fans to boycott the first couple of games but feels that most will be back after three matches.Mr Fisher, who says that SISU have no intention of buying Sixfields in order to get their hands on*a redeveloped stadium, facilities including a hotel and land close to the M1,*maintains his stance that he is expecting 3,000-7,000 per game at Sixfields Stadium and is expecting at least seven sold out matches.*

I think he's been on the cider

DaleM

Exactly as you said "Outskirts" NOT Coventry. I for one do not believe planning permission will be granted anywhere near the City of Coventry. The local councils are as thick as thieves and I am sure CCC will excerpt a lot of pressure when it comes to planning approvals locally.

chiefdave

Sure that plan works well when we're still under embargo and playing the kids in the first few games and not winning, the fans will come flooding back then.

Chipfat

Sure that plan works well when we're still under embargo and playing the kids in the first few games and not winning, the fans will come flooding back then.

This is Sisu's gamble they assume fans will forget and travel, no matter what TF says they cannot afford to keep investing money with no return, they have to convince the money people its worth carrying on..If majority stay away how long can they really sustain this investment up before excepting they have failed again, so as much as it hurts i will not be going to carry on this madness..TF should really leave his post he has been and carries on being more arrogant and divisive among all parties concerned with him around nobody will get any return of club or money.. He is becoming a very big stumbling block..

SonOfSnoz

Sisu could always rent a crowd ;)
What's stopping Northampton's supporting City!

torchomatic

One thing the Trust should do then just to make things even worse for Fisher is to try and get away fans to boycott the games at Sixfields. I'm sure it would be easy enough to contact other fans groups and organisations. Imagine an almost empty stadium with hardly any home OR away fans.

letsallsingtogether

I don't believe you will get the away following of last year as they wanted to see the Ricoh?

The likes of Wolves will sell it out can't see them helping us out!
One thing the Trust should do then just to make things even worse for Fisher is to try and get away fans to boycott the games at Sixfields. I'm sure it would be easy enough to contact other fans groups and organisations. Imagine an almost empty stadium with hardly any home OR away fans.

simple_simon

Sorry, do not agree. If SISU stay in charge we will never return to Coventry

psgm1

Banned
Is Fisher from the planet crazy?

The only reason away attendances were the size they were was that it was a direct protest by those who refuse to go to home games. Even then, at most they got at most around 2,000 fans!

Yet he comes out believing (at least saying he believes) that the fans will come back is just arse water.

In effect every game will be an away game next season. If anything if he does believe this, it is good for a relatively quick return to the Ricoh!

Just think 10 games with home fans under 1000, will very quickly focus the mind!

It will never be zero (SOME people will go regardless), but 35 miles away on a sunday or mid week in league 1? Forget it!

At most he will get those that go to away games, but the vast majority are never going to travel that distance week after week.

Just think sisu fc vs leyton orient tuesday night might well be low treble figures.

Just shows they are despoerate to hang in until they distress ACL. Will be intersting to see the rhetoric change when the judicial review is kicked out

Nonleagueherewecome

Just Listened ,quite like It !! seems to give the Impression of heading for a Crash.

Yeah, listening to it again after all these years, I thought it was rather appropriate! Certainly captures the sound of someone going a bit mad.

Chinny_Hill

I think the average gate of last year was buoyed for a number of reasons. I believe the gate at the Ricoh in this division with us firmly routed in it would be circa 7-8000 home fans. Some posters talk about 95% staying away, and the poll on here which has a good response suggests 92-93%. Lets be kind to Tim and say 90% stay away of the higher figure of 8000. This would give us a home gate of 800. Bear in mind that there will be a bit of noise now from SISU as the try and attract more than that figure, but that is what they are going to have to work with. I also wonder what the average spend is per fan- lets say for example that it is £20. This equates to receipts of £16000 per home fixture.....

RoboCCFC90

The thing is Tim Fisher may have a point say if we are in the Play-Offs after 6 games but realisticly I don't expect this to be the case, howver after speaking to a very good friend of mine, who is also a poster on this forum, we both agreed that many people can say at this point we will stay away but maintaining that stance is going to be very hard and I am sure Timmy Fisher know's this, he also knows that success brings crowds in and I am sure if we get the slightest hint of success fans will go to Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread