Fisher (2 Viewers)

bawtryneal

You do realise most football clubs lose money don’t you?

Football is not a normal business. When people say “invest” in football terms what they mean is throw millions of pounds against the wall in the hope some sticks. Look at the state of clubs such as Sunderland and Forest who are losing hundreds of thousands a week. Villa will be the same and as a consequence will sell Grealish and co and have admitted they can no longer afford Terrys wages.

You do also realise don’t you that the squad isn’t the only thing the club spends money on - there are a few other little expenses the club has to spend on - also it has to manage its cash flow which is a major issue.

Who do you suggest they sell to? Dale Evans? Hoffman with his idea of continuing to pay Sisu for the next decade?

A model of sustainability is hardly a bad business model. There is no investment in football as owners do not make money.

At this level and the level we are in the club is competitive and the manager has the tools to compete. Players get sold in all divisions.

The “in spite of them” dialogue is going to be used I’m sure as the next reason not to support the team. I get the impression the success achieved this season is applauded by people like you through gritted teeth.

A real fan? I’d say that’s one who backs the team through the season personally.

A troll? I’d say that’s someone who snarls and yells when backed into a corner and has no worthwhile argument in his locker.

I hope a lot of those who went yesterday will help the club build on its success and will come back next season. As you say the players and the manager deserve that at least.

Will you be committing to that?

Not very often I agree with Grendel but in this case I will do.
He is bang on in his first paragraph
It's like the old joke goes ....... " how do you become a millionaire, become a billionaire and then buy a football club"

Mucca Mad Boys

Absolutely. Is the tide turning?

The day is always darkest before the dawn...

I’m never going to put my faith into Sisu fully unless we got promoted into the Championship (and competing) and we have a guaranteed place to play football one way or the other.

This said, judging them on the distant history is pointless. Let’s deal in the present and atm, they have Robins all the tools to compete and get promoted this season. A fantastic achievement for all involved.

Users who are viewing this thread