Fisher (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

As much as we love CCFC it needs money to operate, I would love them to throw money at the team but if we keep picking up players like McNulty and co and keep producing players like Bayliss we can hopefully keep progressing, I get that Sisu are shysters but after the great win today some 'fans' need someone to slag off and obviously that remit doesn't include the players atm so they have to aim their venom somewhere

wingy

Now as most on here know I have extremely low regard of Fisher.
But I was taken aback when It happened ,just didn't feel like joining in and didn't.
Re the Player comments TBH I've only just seen Doyles interview, I just got the Impression he was referring to the bond beteeen Players fans and Club ,like he senses the connection is special.

Astute

Look at the sky recording - they showed the players - one was £1.8m one was £2.5m and they listed a total.
Just spoke to a mate. He says he saw it. It was player sales over the last few seasons.

Grendel

Just spoke to a mate. He says he saw it. It was player sales over the last few seasons.

Well one was £2.5 million and I thought it said 2017 it certainly want over a few seasons as he was about 16!

Grendel

Yeah just checked it was from 2017

Astute

Well one was £2.5 million and I thought it said 2017 it certainly want over a few seasons as he was about 16!
Who were these players then if you have just checked.

Grendel

Who were these players then if you have just checked.

Watkins and the guy to Chelsea guy Ampadu? were the main two - £1.8m and 2.5m - there was another for 400 grand can’t remember the other two.

Grendel

Tom Nichols was the guy for £400 grand. From what I can see all these players were sold in the previous season - 16/17 - and that’s the point that the sky commentators were making

Terry Gibson's perm

Fisher deserves to be booed he is scum and he needs to be reminded of the fact that he and his paymaster are still not welcome here, this promotion is not due to sisu and just remember who put us in the division with their cost cutting and terrible decisions

Terry Gibson's perm

Exeter have banked a load of money from player sales maybe they have invested it into their redevelopment?

Grendel

oucho

10 points and a long time ago
Unforgivable. They broke a fair and valid lease and took the club to Northampton. They then provoked a second 10 points with their insulting 10p in the pound creditor offer via their pawn Appleton. Risable behaviour. Any fool could see they were trying to get out of their debts and get a stadium on the cheap, apparently some fans think there is nothing wrong with such practices. Such people are bellends.

Grendel

Unforgivable. They broke a fair and valid lease and took the club to Northampton. They then provoked a second 10 points with their insulting 10p in the pound creditor offer via their pawn Appleton. Risable behaviour. Any fool could see they were trying to get out of their debts and get a stadium on the cheap, apparently some fans think there is nothing wrong with such practices. Such people are bellends.

It’s obvious you aren’t a real fan so why not just do one.

Brighton Sky Blue

I assumed so too, but, let's face it, it's hard to be sure. That moment proved that the fans' enmity towards JS and TF hasn't gone away, but to be fair they deserve a bit of slack for appointing MR and Boddy, providing the budget and then lettibg the experts crack on with it. If we're gonna slag them off when we struggle they deserve a break when we do well.

At the moment we've returned to 1 level below where we were in the first place. All the plaudits to Robins for the turnaround in the final part of the season and to the players for the bottle they've shown on the big stage. But not to a man who facilitated Wasps getting the Ricoh or a woman who has dragged the club through the mud for years.

Astute

Yeah they said the season before and were making the point the manager saw none of the money raised in the previous season but still managed a challenge
So it wasn't this season like you was saying. So how many players have we lost at the same time and our manager hasn't had the backing?

So which players was it and how much?

shmmeee

It was to continue to fund the club. Several players and the manager have said its time for fans to build bridges and show this support in the league.

Exeter is what you get with a fan owned club. They sold £5 million of players last season and bought nobody. I suspect that wouldn’t go down well here

They're welcome to sell up if they don't want to fund the losses. You've got to ask how shit you must be at business to have a focus of reducing costs for about 7 years and still make losses really. I fail to see how that squad is costing us more than we make this year, so if they are losing cash they can blame themselves.

Fuck Sisu. We shouldn't be down here in the first place, I won't praise them for picking up their own shit. Robins and the squad deserve all the plaudits, they did it in spite of the owners not because of them.

You're just a troll who has nothing to add so has to take the opposition side so people will talk to you. Now is not your time, yesterday was not for you, piss off back to your hole and let the real City fans celebrate.

Grendel

So it wasn't this season like you was saying. So how many players have we lost at the same time and our manager hasn't had the backing?

So which players was it and how much?

I said it was last season

Grendel

They're welcome to sell up if they don't want to fund the losses. You've got to ask how shit you must be at business to have a focus of reducing costs for about 7 years and still make losses really. I fail to see how that squad is costing us more than we make this year, so if they are losing cash they can blame themselves.

Fuck Sisu. We shouldn't be down here in the first place, I won't praise them for picking up their own shit. Robins and the squad deserve all the plaudits, they did it in spite of the owners not because of them.

You're just a troll who has nothing to add so has to take the opposition side so people will talk to you. Now is not your time, yesterday was not for you, piss off back to your hole and let the real City fans celebrate.

You do realise most football clubs lose money don’t you?

Football is not a normal business. When people say “invest” in football terms what they mean is throw millions of pounds against the wall in the hope some sticks. Look at the state of clubs such as Sunderland and Forest who are losing hundreds of thousands a week. Villa will be the same and as a consequence will sell Grealish and co and have admitted they can no longer afford Terrys wages.

You do also realise don’t you that the squad isn’t the only thing the club spends money on - there are a few other little expenses the club has to spend on - also it has to manage its cash flow which is a major issue.

Who do you suggest they sell to? Dale Evans? Hoffman with his idea of continuing to pay Sisu for the next decade?

A model of sustainability is hardly a bad business model. There is no investment in football as owners do not make money.

At this level and the level we are in the club is competitive and the manager has the tools to compete. Players get sold in all divisions.

The “in spite of them” dialogue is going to be used I’m sure as the next reason not to support the team. I get the impression the success achieved this season is applauded by people like you through gritted teeth.

A real fan? I’d say that’s one who backs the team through the season personally.

A troll? I’d say that’s someone who snarls and yells when backed into a corner and has no worthwhile argument in his locker.

I hope a lot of those who went yesterday will help the club build on its success and will come back next season. As you say the players and the manager deserve that at least.

Will you be committing to that?

Skybluefaz

Fisher has done the sensible thing this season and stayed out of the limelight for the most part. It's been much nicer concentrating on the football rather than what comes out of that man's mouth.

Astute

You do realise most football clubs lose money don’t you?

Football is not a normal business. When people say “invest” in football terms what they mean is throw millions of pounds against the wall in the hope some sticks. Look at the state of clubs such as Sunderland and Forest who are losing hundreds of thousands a week. Villa will be the same and as a consequence will sell Grealish and co and have admitted they can no longer afford Terrys wages.

You do also realise don’t you that the squad isn’t the only thing the club spends money on - there are a few other little expenses the club has to spend on - also it has to manage its cash flow which is a major issue.

Who do you suggest they sell to? Dale Evans? Hoffman with his idea of continuing to pay Sisu for the next decade?

A model of sustainability is hardly a bad business model. There is no investment in football as owners do not make money.

At this level and the level we are in the club is competitive and the manager has the tools to compete. Players get sold in all divisions.

The “in spite of them” dialogue is going to be used I’m sure as the next reason not to support the team. I get the impression the success achieved this season is applauded by people like you through gritted teeth.

A real fan? I’d say that’s one who backs the team through the season personally.

A troll? I’d say that’s someone who snarls and yells when backed into a corner and has no worthwhile argument in his locker.

I hope a lot of those who went yesterday will help the club build on its success and will come back next season. As you say the players and the manager deserve that at least.

Will you be committing to that?
How about waiting to see who is or isn't sold and if Robins is given a sufficient budget to have a go at promotion from Division three before making excuses or having a go at SISU?

I have always said that I will forgive but not forget what has happened if we can get back to where we were when they took over. And this includes all sides involved. Life is too short to be like a Sunderland supporter. Yes it has been great to win at Wembley twice in just over a year. But we are still only a Division three side.

Ashdown

I assumed so too, but, let's face it, it's hard to be sure. That moment proved that the fans' enmity towards JS and TF hasn't gone away, but to be fair they deserve a bit of slack for appointing MR and Boddy, providing the budget and then lettibg the experts crack on with it. If we're gonna slag them off when we struggle they deserve a break when we do well.
The fans provided the budget !

Ashdown

At very best SISU may have put in short term loans, they didn't give the club anything according to the accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread