Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
A fucking Rugby club now own the stadium that was built for us due to

Seriously? I didn't say they offered 10m, I didn't say they were going to do this or that. Just that I thought the offer Fisher was on about on the radio was the one to the Higgs.

My words were:

Yet somehow it expanded into your jackanory shit? If it wasn't that bid, then tell us which one it was. I have never said I was right, I asked the question as that is the one I THOUGHT (not knew) it was about.

You are being an argumentative prick, it is more interesting when you go on about having 20 kids, being 7 foot and 22 stone, being a class goalkeeper etc etc and the rest of your life story nobody gives a fuck about.

Yes you did say that the 2m bid raising up to 10m was for the Higgs share. You know it is wrong and are still arguing over the matter yet it isn't you that is an argumentative prick? And here you are also stretching anything well past the truth on what I have said.

Well done. After all it is your ball we are playing with.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
A fucking Rugby club now own the stadium that was built for us due to

Yes you did say that the 2m bid raising up to 10m was for the Higgs share. You know it is wrong and are still arguing over the matter yet it isn't you that is an argumentative prick? And here you are also stretching anything well past the truth on what I have said.

Well done. After all it is your ball we are playing with.

Where did I say that? I have posted what I said.

You said:

It was for the freehold. Joy wanted nothing less remember.

I said:

That was for higgs half he was on about wasn't it?

You said:

Come on Nick. You are better than this. Or do you think anyone will believe you when you say that they wanted to pay up to 10m for the Higgs share?

I said:

What was it for then?

You said:

Wasn't for the Higgs share as you well know.

I made a point of putting a ? on the end as I wasn't sure and was welcoming being corrected if I was wrong.

I was expecting for you or your sidekick Frisky Blue to correct me and say "no he was talking about this" to which I would have said "ah ok".

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
That was for higgs half he was on about wasn't it?

Which was your reply to the comment that Fisher made about the 2m offer raising up to 10m.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Which was your reply to the comment that Fisher made about the 2m offer raising up to 10m.

No, it was a reply to your post (and quoted it )that said:

It was for the freehold. Joy wanted nothing less remember.

Read it, I put a question mark. If I was wrong I was expecting to be correct and would have been happy to be corrected. I haven't stated that Joy offered 10 million for it anyway, just merely thought that was the offer Fisher was talking about on the radio. I am still not saying she did offer it.

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
A fucking Rugby club now own the stadium that

Where did I say that? I have posted what I said.

You said:

I said:

You said:

I said:

You said:

I made a point of putting a ? on the end as I wasn't sure and was welcoming being corrected if I was wrong.

I was expecting for you or your sidekick Frisky Blue to correct me and say "no he was talking about this" to which I would have said "ah ok".

So why did you keep up with this shitfest instead of saying 'ah OK' when it was pointed out to you?

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
A fucking Rugby club now own the stadium that

So why did you keep up with this shitfest instead of saying 'ah OK' when it was pointed out to you?

Because I haven't been corrected have I? I get you giving it internet hero instead. You don't actually know yourself but are quick to give it loads to others telling them that they are wrong.

I haven't once said I am 100% right, I was unsure so I put a question mark to show that.

It is you and Frisky Blue giving it the dream team act yet you haven't got a fucking clue yourself.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Why try to do the same as Nick and make out that Joy offered up to 10m for the Higgs share? Do you really need a link for that?

You can do one too. I've said you show me I'm wrong and I'll hold my hand up and apologise. Other than the alleged "freehold for free" bollox, I cannot remember any talk of negotiating the freehold. I can only remember the Higgs share, that was definitely £5m plus taking the loan on or £2m for the share, from what I can remember.

Show me I'm wrong? You don't know for sure either but giving it some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
Apologies if I got wrong what you was trying to say but I wasn't the only one that saw it this way Nick. So it wasn't as clear as you think.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Apologies if I got wrong what you was trying to say but I wasn't the only one that saw it this way Nick. So it wasn't as clear as you think.

Re-Read it. If I had given it loads of attitude about me being right and that it is all fact and I know best then I would gladly be looking like a prick for being wrong (and in the past when it has happened I have always apologised straight away and sent a PM to say sorry for being cocky AND wrong).

It is the fact I was questioning and it was quite clear I wasn't saying it was fact.

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
You can do one too. I've said you show me I'm wrong and I'll hold my hand up and apologise. Other than the alleged "freehold for free" bollox, I cannot remember any talk of negotiating the freehold. I can only remember the Higgs share, that was definitely £5m plus taking the loan on or £2m for the share, from what I can remember.

Show me I'm wrong? You don't know for sure either but giving it some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SISU have not negotiated anything. You know that. They have just said what they want. So how can anyone show links to negotiations that have not taken place?

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
Re-Read it. If I had given it loads of attitude about me being right and that it is all fact and I know best then I would gladly be looking like a prick for being wrong (and in the past when it has happened I have always apologised straight away and sent a PM to say sorry for being cocky AND wrong).

It is the fact I was questioning and it was quite clear I wasn't saying it was fact.

Yes I agree that there was a question mark at the end. But who in their right mind would think that SISU would pay up to 10m when they wanted to pay a fraction of it as agreed by a judge?

Apologies again if needed. Off to bed now. Hope for better news tomorrow.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Yes I agree that there was a question mark at the end. But who in their right mind would think that SISU would pay up to 10m when they wanted to pay a fraction of it as agreed by a judge?

Note the UP TO bit. He was probably spinning it up to make it sound good as by saying up to it sounds a lot better than £2 million doesn't it?

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
If Fisher woke me up to tell me my house was on fire, I'd just simply put on my earmuffs and eyeshades, fluff up my pillow and soundly drift off back to sleep.

At one point tonight I'm sure he said that he always means what he says.

What, like we are never coming back to the Ricoh? Like, we will announce the new stadium details in 3 weeks?

shy_tall_knight

Aug 1, 2011
I think we all need to go to bed, but not together but maybe that's not a bad idea to bring us closer, without the full facts this is difficult to accurately debate. we are angry but lets be angry at the right people the robbo richardson mcgin era leading to having no stadium ownership the impossibility of the private equity public sector partnership that was SISU ACL CCC.

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
I think we all need to go to bed, but not together but maybe that's not a bad idea to bring us closer, without the full facts this is difficult to accurately debate. we are angry but lets be angry at the right people the robbo richardson mcgin era leading to having no stadium ownership the impossibility of the private equity public sector partnership that was SISU ACL CCC.

No spooning though. OK?

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
SISU have not negotiated anything. You know that. They have just said what they want. So how can anyone show links to negotiations that have not taken place?

I'll take that as a backtrack ;)

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
Note the UP TO bit. He was probably spinning it up to make it sound good as by saying up to it sounds a lot better than £2 million doesn't it?

But Fisher doesn't bluster.

The only way that they would have paid up to 10m for the Higgs share would have been if we were European champions within 3 years :) But he said that they had put an offer in for the stadium and not an offer in for the Higgs share.

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
How can I provide a link for something that they have never tried to do? :p

Sisu never offered £10m for Higgs shares.

They offered £5m on the condition that they also bought the loan from YB (they believed they could get if at somewhere around £2m-£5m).
They would then own half of ACL and in the process due to the £14m loan being discharged the balance sheet of ACL would have improved enough to justify the transaction.
Sisu are asset driven - and that is difficult to understand for us with no or little financial background.

In short - sisu did offer £5m for Higgs shares. £1.5m up front and the rest over a few years (secured against assets in ACL).
When that deal started to collapse (when CCC planned to buy the loan from YB themselves) Higgs asked what price sisu would pay for their shares in a simple unconditional cash transaction. Sisu offered £2m.

We can all speculate, but I am pretty certain that if Higgs had said we'll sell for £2.5m then sisu would have accepted.

duffer

Oct 28, 2010

They offered £5m on the condition that they also bought the loan from YB (they believed they could get if at somewhere around £2m-£5m).
They would then own half of ACL and in the process due to the £14m loan being discharged the balance sheet of ACL would have improved enough to justify the transaction.
Sisu are asset driven - and that is difficult to understand for us with no or little financial background.

In short - sisu did offer £5m for Higgs shares. £1.5m up front and the rest over a few years (secured against assets in ACL).
When that deal started to collapse (when CCC planned to buy the loan from YB themselves) Higgs asked what price sisu would pay for their shares in a simple unconditional cash transaction. Sisu offered £2m.

We can all speculate, but I am pretty certain that if Higgs had said we'll sell for £2.5m then sisu would have accepted.

To be honest, I'd separate out the past from the present. I think what should have happened is that the current deal should have at least have been proposed to the current tenant. At the very least, it wouldn't have hurt to have instigated a discussion.

It's entirely possible (reinforced by hearing Fisher again on CWR this morning), that for whatever reason SISU wouldn't have wanted to get involved - but to deliberately exclude them was unnecessary.

It's also pretty stupid, financially, I'd argue. All of this talk from the council about how much money Wasps will bring to the town; regardless of the actual truth of the figures it would always be proportionally larger for even a moderately successful football team compared to a franchise rugby team.

Big_Ben

Mar 26, 2011

Reckon we are going to see the question mark used a lot more from now on, don't you?

Moff

Apr 2, 2011
Deepest Warwickshire
If Fisher woke me up to tell me my house was on fire, I'd just simply put on my earmuffs and eyeshades, fluff up my pillow and soundly drift off back to sleep.

Bloody hell Otis, you are taking a risk. People say he is the master of fire and brimstone himself, Beelzebub, only in the form of a human chimp. ;)

olderskyblue

Mar 22, 2011
To be fair, this place would very very quiet without all the argumentative pricks.......... :)

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Just had confirmation he was actually talking about the 50% to higgs. Which was the point I was making.

Cheers then. Can somebody post a smug gif im on my phone?

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
To be honest, I'd separate out the past from the present. I think what should have happened is that the current deal should have at least have been proposed to the current tenant. At the very least, it wouldn't have hurt to have instigated a discussion.

It's entirely possible (reinforced by hearing Fisher again on CWR this morning), that for whatever reason SISU wouldn't have wanted to get involved - but to deliberately exclude them was unnecessary.

It's also pretty stupid, financially, I'd argue. All of this talk from the council about how much money Wasps will bring to the town; regardless of the actual truth of the figures it would always be proportionally larger for even a moderately successful football team compared to a franchise rugby team.

For once I agree!
Honestly!

Rusty Trombone

Jul 26, 2013
Coventry
Just had confirmation he was actually talking about the 50% to higgs. Which was the point I was making.

Cheers then. Can somebody post a smug gif im on my phone?

hbk-smug-o.gif

No future with SISU

Jul 8, 2013
"we want to ensure our 4 year agreement will be honoured and we have a new relationship to be build, and we are good at building relationships"

That had to be the best comment "We are good at building relationships". The interviewer should have asked him to name who they have built a good relationship with.

No future with SISU

Jul 8, 2013

The £5m was over 10 years. The £2m never came about as Joy said ACL was not worth anything.Sisu did want to buy the loan of Yorkshire bank(National Bank of Australia) for £2m to £5m and then ACL would owe £14.5m to SISU. The next step would be the interest rate going up untill ACL went bust and SISU takeing over the whole lot for not a lot of money. The loan would not have been discharged, it would have been owned by SISU and ACL balance sheet would not have improved.

Users who are viewing this thread