Fisher rejects Hoffman offer (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I think I will back Hoffman on this one, being a top level banker (spelt with a B) when it comes to big finance i am confident he will know how to do it.

Nothing to do with being a banker.

If he has already secured the money and the interest paid is minimal it is a good offer. It's just unclear if the money is already secured. If it is that's £1.2 million of secured funds.

Don't understand what's in it for the people providing the funds.

torchomatic

Just take the fucking money, Fisher.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

crowsnest

I'll pay the rent of £400,000

Just give me £937,500 of ticket money.

Great deal - why did they turn that down?

Astute

If he has already secured the money and the interest paid is minimal it is a good offer. It's just unclear if the money is already secured. If it is that's £1.2 million of secured funds.

Maybe they are either Cov fans....or even ready to take us over once SISU know they have no chance of getting the Ricoh for peanuts.

All of a sudden life is looking much rosier :D

Sky Blue Pete

Don't worry - it doesn't matter so long as City play in Coventry

DazzleTommyDazzle

Yes - it is unclear whether the money is already secured.

My assumption, however, would be that the bulk (if not all) of the money will come from more affluent Coventry City fans, together with (I'd guess) PHIV - so what would be in it for them would be keeping their club in the city.

Astute

Read again. It isn't SISU paying for it so there won't be invisible payments to be made.

Brighton Sky Blue

Some pretty cracking publicity?

covcity4life

Trust Response to Hoffman Ricoh Offer

FaceBook Twitter
Following today's Coventry Telegraph story reporting Gary Hoffman's offer to pay the rent at the Ricoh Arena for the next 3 seasons in a move to ensure Coventry City remains in Coventry, The Sky Blue Trust have been in contact with the Football League who confirmed that they have seen this and that it has been passed on to the relevant members of the Football League Board.

They also added that the reason the board took the decision to sanction the move to Northampton was because they believed they had a stark choice - allow the club to play at Northampton or have nowhere to play.

We dispute that this is the case and have demanded to meet urgently with those that actually made this decision. We have been advised that it is not too late for this decision to be reversed as the decision made was that Coventry can play at Northampton, not that they must play at Northampton. If we can prove a better alternative exists the board may then reconsider.

We will therefore be making these representations and hope to meet with the Football League board at the earliest opportunity. We will keep you updated of any developments.

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index...ews/275-trust-response-to-hoffman-ricoh-offer

fingers crossed!

Ripbuster

Maybe they are either Cov fans....or even ready to take us over once SISU know they have no chance of getting the Ricoh for peanuts.

All of a sudden life is looking much rosier :D

That is the RIGHT post.....and the same people that are prepared to cover any loss when ACL reject the CVA :whistle:

The Penguin

If you read the alleged terms of the offer, Hoffman's backers would not be taking all of that share. They would be taking some return on their investment (how much is unclear), while the balance goes to the Academy.

SISU, for their part, would receive half the extra gate receipts and, possibly, only incur the matchday costs. Extra revenue would help FFP, and there would be the opportunity to actually have a season where we turned a profit, with such a reduction in costs.

chiefdave

We have been advised that it is not too late for this decision to be reversed as the decision made was that Coventry can play at Northampton, not that they must play at Northampton. If we can prove a better alternative exists the board may then reconsider.

this could be a massive point. if the trust, ACL etc can demonstrate that the Ricoh is a viable option the FL will be in a very difficult position. ACL need to make a strong statement ASAP saying the Ricoh will be ready for the start of the season and they are happy to deal with whoever the FL deem to be in control of the club.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yes you are right, there does seem to be an element of cost involved.
But I don't think it's just that.
There have been posts on here saying "what would you do if you were the owner?"
That implicitly implies "If you were the owner you would expect to be able to make your own choice over what to do!"

I think SISU after trying to negotiate a cheaper rent have realised that they don't want to rent but want to "own" along with all income streams.
They have futher realised that they don't need to own the Ricoh in particular - any stadium that the club are using will be just as valuable to them. An empty stadium is little use to anybody!

The councils animosity is understandable but lamentable. "We have built you a nice stadium we expect you to use that. Try snd get planning permission off us fot another one!". The truth is they are taking advantage of the clubs presence to finance the stadium - without the club it is unlikely to work! SISU do not care if it works or not without them, they don't need to bring the Ricoh down to make their alternative stadium work.

Lamentable as the council attitude is, it is that attitude that is solely responsible fot the new stadium being "just outside Coventry"rather thsn within. If the council could be expected to be impartial or better welcome a planning applicacation for a new stadium inside Coventry - SISU would probably be happy to build it there!

:pimp:

Ok they want to build a new ground so what was to stop them taking up the offer for three years you are so predictable its untrue

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Ok they want to build a new ground so what was to stop them taking up the offer for three years you are so predictable its untrue

In fact if they are to build a new stadium - and we all know they're not - and this isn't all about distressing ACL to get the Ricoh on the cheap - which all bar the deluded now agreed upon - this would be the best possible scenario for them.

They get to build their new stadium, but won't lose supporters in undertaking the move to Northampton they deem necessary.

There's no reason not to refute it's worth. Unless.....

Plymouth Sky Blue

This Hoffman offer will gain massive legs nationwide. The national papers and national media will all report it and sisu rejecting it will put massive pressure on first the FL and also the FA who oversee football in this country and are definitely in the sights of Government legislation. As said ACL rejecting the cva proposals puts Appleton on the spot too. I wonder in time to come a film will be made of all this

I can see years of arguing over who owns the rights, the film might get made by 2065!!!

BrisbaneBronco

I you read the offer carefully, it said that any extra gate receipts over what was budgeted for at Northampton would be split 50/50 and if the amount exceeded Hoffmans costs over the 3 years, any extra would be ploughed into the Academy.
WTF is wrong with that?

T

true sky blue

when will some fans understand? this is not about the Ricoh anymore. its about destroying ACL. like any good business sisu will need to protect their own business by destroying anyone who causes them to lose money. the short story here is ACL took the strong hand approach while sisu simply bid their time. now acl and its supporters are begging for understanding. ffs grow some balls hoffman, offer 100 million for the club and its yours, but dont expect Sisu to simply let you have it for nothing or next to nothing not even covering the debts.

the 'hoffer' is having a laugh with the 'ill pay the rent' milarky'. fisher is doing the right thing - saying put your money where your mouth is

lifelongcityfan

when will some fans understand? this is not about the Ricoh anymore. its about destroying ACL. like any good business sisu will need to protect their own business by destroying anyone who causes them to lose money. the short story here is ACL took the strong hand approach while sisu simply bid their time. now acl and its supporters are begging for understanding. ffs grow some balls hoffman, offer 100 million for the club and its yours, but dont expect Sisu to simply let you have it for nothing or next to nothing not even covering the debts.

the 'hoffer' is having a laugh with the 'ill pay the rent' milarky'. fisher is doing the right thing - saying put your money where your mouth is

you really are a prize prat (timmy)

The Penguin

ffs grow some balls hoffman, offer 100 million for the club and its yours, but dont expect Sisu to simply let you have it for nothing or next to nothing not even covering the debts.

Swap "SISU" for ACL/CCC and "the club" for the Ricoh Arena.

I suppose you also agree with that scenario, given your desire to see companies protecting their businesses?

coop

either way it is the best thing for all parties concerned especially us fans and sisu turned it down what a bunch of wankers not one penny more from me

torchomatic

ajsccfc

A lot of the 'are you a plant' 'Hi Timmy!' stuff is paranoid nonsense, but now and then a usercode outs itself as an obvious phony. true sky blue, at least add some subtlety to the gimmick.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Like any 'good business'. What do you do for a job?

Businesses don't 'destroy' each other. Yes, you aim to build market share to the detriment of your contemporaries; but you don't set out to 'destroy' each other, FFS

DazzleTommyDazzle

Just for a giggle - could you please explain how you reach your valuation of £100m for a business that is losing money, has virtually no assets and is in the middle of destroying its customer base.

Please.

Steve1974

Like any 'good business'. What do you do for a job?

Businesses don't 'destroy' each other. Yes, you aim to build market share to the detriment of your contemporaries; but you don't set out to 'destroy' each other, FFS

Unless your apple and Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread