Fisher rejects Hoffman offer (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Appoint a mediator perhaps but I do not think I would be happy to see Mr Appleton do it Needs to be independent of the whole process so far. On face value some of the events that have happened would not make me feel comfortable with him in charge of the process. Just an opinion nothing more

Last edited:

Ripbuster

Maybe the BDO information backs up what is actually in the accounts rather than TF's version of events that Holdings have always ran the club. If it can be proved that Ltd was actually running the club then questions ust be asked of his decision to only sell some of the assets in LTD to Holdings rather than sell all of LTD to another buyer.

You need to look closer at BDO's statement when they done the accounts in 2012 to find the clue..:whistle:

Paxman II

On the face of it Hoffman's resolution in solving the conundrum of the Sky Blues continuing for 3 years at the Ricoh looks a sound offer even though financed.
The problem is if someone came along and told me how to run my business for the next 3 years when I already had mapped out a plan I would be cautious. Yes the savings would be there but as someone else explained it also secures and helps out ACL as much as it helps the football club. Now if I had a bitter long running battle with ACL and was then expected to do something which would assist them after all then I think I would politely say no and stick with my plan.

However this being a football club it's not a 'normal' business is it? Secondly should Hoffman not be making such offer to the administrator and not Tim Fisher? And if you were Hoffman would you not approach Ms Sepella over lunch in Mayfair with such an offer if you seriously thought it was a flyer?

He has gained much needed mojo back among supporters by stating this offer. He has alienated the fans from SISU further and when you consider for a moment as most believe, SISU simply want to stress ACL then I can see Hoffman's actions are equally aimed at distressing SISU further to perhaps in order to placate his own position of being able to move in on the stadium as a preferred bidder for it (under Haskell )? There by ensuring two things, Football club remains for 3 years and he gets to own the stadium in that time frame?
Then without new build plans progressing the football club could be offered a new deal by Hoffma/Haskell as part stadium owners to continue at the Ricoh or face another 'lock out' type scenario and distressed enough to allow Hoffman and his cronies to buy the club off SISU at that point who 3 years on did not follow through on their stadium build?

At this point I'm not sure what the hell I'm saying....

Sky Blue Pete

On the face of it Hoffman's resolution in solving the conundrum of the Sky Blues continuing for 3 years at the Ricoh looks a sound offer even though financed.
The problem is if someone came along and told me how to run my business for the next 3 years when I already had mapped out a plan I would be cautious. Yes the savings would be there but as someone else explained it also secures and helps out ACL as much as it helps the football club. Now if I had a bitter long running battle with ACL and was then expected to do something which would assist them after all then I think I would politely say no and stick with my plan.

However this being a football club it's not a 'normal' business is it? Secondly should Hoffman not be making such offer to the administrator and not Tim Fisher? And if you were Hoffman would you not approach Ms Sepella over lunch in Mayfair with such an offer if you seriously thought it was a flyer?

He has gained much needed mojo back among supporters by stating this offer. He has alienated the fans from SISU further and when you consider for a moment as most believe, SISU simply want to stress ACL then I can see Hoffman's actions are equally aimed at distressing SISU further to perhaps in order to placate his own position of being able to move in on the stadium as a preferred bidder for it (under Haskell )? There by ensuring two things, Football club remains for 3 years and he gets to own the stadium in that time frame?
Then without new build plans progressing the football club could be offered a new deal by Hoffma/Haskell as part stadium owners to continue at the Ricoh or face another 'lock out' type scenario and distressed enough to allow Hoffman and his cronies to buy the club off SISU at that point who 3 years on did not follow through on their stadium build?

Brilliant stuff

Astute

Don't worry, you frequently give us this feeling ;)

It isn't a sound offer for SISU unless it would give them a chance to rebuild the bridges they burned so quickly. If we play at the Ricoh they won't be able to send ACL to the wall. The best thing all round would be to stay in Cov, pension Fisher off (sack the bat fastard) and start being nice to ACL. If they all started to get on well and the team started doing well something could be done. They won't be trusted whilst Fisher is there.

Sky Blue Pete

Don't worry, you frequently give us this feeling ;)

It isn't a sound offer for SISU unless it would give them a chance to rebuild the bridges they burned so quickly. If we play at the Ricoh they won't be able to send ACL to the wall. The best thing all round would be to stay in Cov, pension Fisher off (sack the bat fastard) and start being nice to ACL. If they all started to get on well and the team started doing well something could be done. They won't be trusted whilst Fisher is there.

That would be a good scenario - Absolutely no chance though in my opinion

skybluehugh

Okay without looking at this offer in a biase way and slandering Tim Fisher for not keeping us in Coventry (Yet) did Hoffman mention what/if revenue's such as F&B, etc were included in the deal? (I assume not) Not that this is a huge amount I am sure per game, but we have already heard Timmy say that it's because they want to maximise there revenue (Which I understand) that they will look at somewhere else...

But the NT chairman said yesterday the they were going to receive a share of the match day income, so why would that be a stumbling block to moving back to the Richo. SHITSU would make more at the real home of CCFC than at NT

mattylad

remember SISU dont do idle threats and bluster according to them...that said I am encouraged that the club hasn't rushed a response out that it is definitely a non starter so maybe some conversations are going to happen.

Colonel Mustard

Maybe because he gives everyone a way forward, and he's grown up enough to put the past behind him?

You speak as though Hoffman was the winner in a situation that happened years ago.

A bold line was drawn between SISU and the ACL/Hoffman faction, and it's clear that SISU have looked to untangle themselves from that. After all of that, why would they re-entangle?

wingy

You speak as though Hoffman was the winner in a situation that happened years ago.

A bold line was drawn between SISU and the ACL/Hoffman faction, and it's clear that SISU have looked to untangle themselves from that. After all of that, why would they re-entangle?

The fact they still have two choices Is a miracle ,one Is the road to Purdah, then the possibility that Fan Pressure can achieve exactly the result they required.

Paxman II

I think you may be right sadly but grown men need to start acting like it. Is it an olive branch from Hoffman in reality or not?

Colonel Mustard

The fact they still have two choices Is a miracle ,one Is the road to Purdah, then the possibility that Fan Pressure can achieve exactly the result they required.

Well, obviously we all hope that the club stays in Coventry. It just seems a bit rich to expect SISU to deal with ACL/Hoffman after all the shenanigans that have been pulled over the past couple of years.

ccfc92

Well, obviously we all hope that the club stays in Coventry. It just seems a bit rich to expect SISU to deal with ACL/Hoffman after all the shenanigans that have been pulled over the past couple of years.

SISU have caused the shenanigans!!!!! :facepalm:

duffer

I don't see where I implied that Hoffman was a winner in this. The reason for re-engaging is that it might offer a possible solution, whereas at the moment everyone loses.

You make it sound like an irreconcilable divorce. That could be, but it's not too late to start behaving like grown ups.

skybluehugh

when will some fans understand? this is not about the Ricoh anymore. its about destroying ACL. like any good business sisu will need to protect their own business by destroying anyone who causes them to lose money. the short story here is ACL took the strong hand approach while sisu simply bid their time. now acl and its supporters are begging for understanding. ffs grow some balls hoffman, offer 100 million for the club and its yours, but dont expect Sisu to simply let you have it for nothing or next to nothing not even covering the debts.

the 'hoffer' is having a laugh with the 'ill pay the rent' milarky'. fisher is doing the right thing - saying put your money where your mouth is

But it's ok for them to get the Ricoh for feck all? Some on here are just so dumb it blows my mind.

Colonel Mustard

I don't see where I implied that Hoffman was a winner in this.

"and he's grown up enough to put the past behind him" -- that's usually the privilege of the winner, such as the political leader who brings into cabinet a rival who led a nasty campaign against him.

The reason for re-engaging is that it might offer a possible solution, whereas at the moment everyone loses. You make it sound like an irreconcilable divorce. That could be, but it's not too late to start behaving like grown ups.

SISU seem satisfied enough with their arrangements. It's ACL and their backers who are fretting -- and with good reason.

DazzleTommyDazzle

"and he's grown up enough to put the past behind him" -- that's usually the privilege of the winner, such as the political leader who brings into cabinet a rival who led a nasty campaign against him.

SISU seem satisfied enough with their arrangements. It's ACL and their backers who are fretting -- and with good reason.

I think the only minor problem is that whilst "SISU seem satisfied enough with their arrangements", these "arrangements" are going to leave us playing in front of tiny crowds (remember when revenues for FFP used to be important to SISU) for the foreseeable future, while our fan base diminishes and the chance of youngsters catching the "Sky Blue bug" recede to zero.

But heh, as long as SISU "seem satisfied enough with their arrangements", what is there to worry about?

Colonel Mustard

I think the only minor problem is that whilst "SISU seem satisfied enough with their arrangements", these "arrangements" are going to leave us playing in front of tiny crowds (remember when revenues for FFP used to be important to SISU) for the foreseeable future, while our fan base diminishes and the chance of youngsters catching the "Sky Blue bug" recede to zero.

But heh, as long as SISU "seem satisfied enough with their arrangements", what is there to worry about?

Because there's every chance that they want to 'franchise' the club away from the city.

Colonel Mustard

Which is why we need to do everything we can to fight the b@stards!

Sadly, I think it's in the council/ACL's hands -- they have to be prepared to go cap in hand to SISU. Get them back to the Ricoh with a deal they are amenable to. That is their civic responsibility. The brutal reality is that our fanbase is too small and apathetic to fight them; even Man Utd's enormous fan firepower had zero impact on the Glazers.

mattylad

Please see below a response to today's offer from Gary Hoffman regarding the Ricoh Arena:“ACL's position to date has been that they don't recognise us as the Football Club's lawful owner and hence have consistently refused to talk to us so I don’t know what authority Mr Hoffman has to bind ACL into any future agreement."Besides which, there has been no detail behind these proposals which were only put to the Club by phone last night."We wouldn’t want to raise fans’ hopes given that the main source of income whilst playing at the Ricoh was ticket receipts and it certainly doesn’t make sense to describe the deal as an "offer to pay arena rent"” when actually the deal is a loan secured against ticket sales resulting in the club giving away a huge chunk of ticket revenues, our only revenue stream."Read more at*http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-on-hoffman-offer-909464.aspx#BMYsCXESuswVwsUl.99*

Astute

Sadly, I think it's in the council/ACL's hands -- they have to be prepared to go cap in hand to SISU. Get them back to the Ricoh with a deal they are amenable to. That is their civic responsibility. The brutal reality is that our fanbase is too small and apathetic to fight them; even Man Utd's enormous fan firepower had zero impact on the Glazers.

Utter bullshit.

The only deal they want is ACL saying 'Here, have the Ricoh for free. Now will you stay in Coventry please......pretty please? Sounds like the deal you also want.

So the Glazers fucked up Man UTD now? Done shit since they took over? Got relegated? Moved out of Manchester? Put them into admin? Continually bullshitted to the fans?

Your previous posts on the matter made me smile. Trying to work out if you are a WUM or just clueless. This last one made me :facepalm:

Colonel Mustard

The only deal they want is ACL saying 'Here, have the Ricoh for free. Now will you stay in Coventry please......pretty please? Sounds like the deal you also want.

False on both counts.

So the Glazers fucked up Man UTD now? Done shit since they took over? Got relegated? Moved out of Manchester? Put them into admin? Continually bullshitted to the fans?

Straw man argument.

Your previous posts on the matter made me smile. Trying to work out if you are a WUM or just clueless. This last one made me :facepalm:

Failed condescension.

If you are going to cry bullshit on a post, don't submit a mish-mash of nonsense.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Please see below a response to today's offer from Gary Hoffman regarding the Ricoh Arena:“ACL's position to date has been that they don't recognise us as the Football Club's lawful owner and hence have consistently refused to talk to us so I don’t know what authority Mr Hoffman has to bind ACL into any future agreement."Besides which, there has been no detail behind these proposals which were only put to the Club by phone last night."We wouldn’t want to raise fans’ hopes given that the main source of income whilst playing at the Ricoh was ticket receipts and it certainly doesn’t make sense to describe the deal as an "offer to pay arena rent"” when actually the deal is a loan secured against ticket sales resulting in the club giving away a huge chunk of ticket revenues, our only revenue stream."Read more at*http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-on-hoffman-offer-909464.aspx#BMYsCXESuswVwsUl.99*

How is that giving away revenue, if moving to Northampton isn't???

Come on, you've got to try a bit harder than that....

DazzleTommyDazzle

We have the power to starve them out.

NOPM.

Users who are viewing this thread