Fisher on CWR (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

.Pressley here for long term
.club has missed out on almost 1 million by not progressing another couple of rounds .
.lets be realistic its the fa cup these things happen
.i was as shocked and disgusted as waggot and pressley
.the players were not up for it
.the players failed to turn up and play
.only paying the players for that because we are contractually obliged to
.we have a long term vision and pressley is part of that

CWR presenter asking the right questions for a change to be fair

Evo1883

Astonished at the way pressley gets away with all of this by the way , only manager at any club in history that i know of that literally is getting a pass to fail

MatthewWallis

Fisher said

"We have one of the most expensive sides in league one"

And look how crap we've done this season so far, that is clearly down to Pressley not being able to find the right players to buy, in my eyes our performances are all his fault and he should go tbh

Otis

Astonished at the way pressley gets away with all of this by the way , only manager at any club in history that i know of that literally is getting a pass to fail

I'm astonised that Fisher has formed sentences without mentioning the words 'We are building a new stadium.'

Kingokings204

Maybe they want him to fail. Hasn't got a choice with a 4 year contract.

I wouldn't mind but if he has lost the dressing room and one of the worst ever defeats in our history then time to go else what's the point. It can't turn while the players don't believe in him.

1. j. Clarke has been rumored to tell SP to stick it.

2. Many red cards and penalties already this season.

4. Just has the worst result of our history or top 3.

5. All these rumors about JOB yesterday.

6. Form all season has been crap even 8 games unbeaten it was mostly draws.

7. The style of football is wank. But better since 4-4-2 but majority has been awful.

My point is all these things considered does he have a chance to succeed?

Evo1883

I'm astonised that Fisher has formed sentences without mentioning the words 'We are building a new stadium.'
He probably did say that , i had to leave the room for a second lol So probably missed it

ecky

Fisher Waggott pressley are all in bed together Sisu through and through...
Pressley should have his wages with held the buck stops with him

covkid69

so league 2 it is next season then.
if the most expensive side in league 1 couldn't perform at home in front of their own fans against a conference team that beat them easily then we might as well all give up...pressley and waggot need to do one and fast imho

skybluepm2

I wonder if he'd still be spouting this bollocks if he hadn't naively given him a 4 year Contract for achieving absolutely fuck all. This is the same man who backed Thorn, allowed him to bring in ten players and then sacked him after 3 straight draws; two of which were against league favourites Sheffield United and Yeovil who would go on to win promotion. He is clueless about both business and football and I can honestly say I do not despise anyone as much as i do Fisher. He should have lost his job long before Pressley's came under scrutiny. Disgusting excuse of a human being.

EssexSkyBlue

Let's take the comment about how expensive the side is at face value.

Record over the last 46 league games is: p. 46 w. 11 d. 14 l. 21 f. 57 a. 79 pts 47. Last season that would result in avoiding relegation on goal difference.

i would say that 46 games is enough to judge any management team. If we really have one of the top budgets in the division there is some serious under performance going on.

skybluepm2

Or....'let's be absolutely clear' or 'Shane, that's an interesting question', 'we've narrowed it down to two sites but due to the confidentially agreement....'

Otis

He probably did say that , i had to leave the room for a second lol So probably missed it

It was probably right at the start of the interview.

Shane: 'Tim Fisher, just how embarrassing was that defeat yesterday for the Sky Blues?'

Fisher: 'It's okay because we are building a new stadium.'

spider_ricoh

In fairness he does at least sound pissed off about the game/performance ... then again, it sounds like he was trying to be "onside with the fans" in the interview e.g. all that rubbish about "only paying the players because we are contractually obliged to"

It does sound a bit like he is implicitly passing the blame onto SP. I'm just amazed he didn't spout out his argument about "we need 100% of all matchday revenues" line.

KersleyDigs

Why does no one ask what SISU ' S long term plan is?! We all know the return they want on their investment is not gonna happen unless we are at least in the championship with our own ground and a decent fan base turning up every week.

In contrast we are sinking further down the leagues, fan base is disolving to nothing and any sort of stadium ownership seems further away than ever!

They are failing miserable at getting anywhere near achieving their own objectives for their investors, let alone those of the fans

Last edited:

ccfcdale

I thought TF talked sense on the radio. Handled the questions well, they were hard questions as well she didn't half go for it. I get the sense it wasn't a great place to be yesterday if you were a CCFC player. I don't think any pleasantries would of been flying around

ajsccfc

In fairness he does at least sound pissed off about the game/performance ... then again, it sounds like he was trying to be "onside with the fans" in the interview e.g. all that rubbish about "only paying the players because we are contractually obliged to"

Sounds like classic politician spiel.

"Dear constituents, let me be clear that I am just as concerned about whatever you are concerned about as you are"

Hobo

Fisher said

"We have one of the most expensive sides in league one"

And look how crap we've done this season so far, that is clearly down to Pressley not being able to find the right players to buy, in my eyes our performances are all his fault and he should go tbh

Yes Pressley should be ultimately responsible, but so should Waggot and SISU...I really do question our scouting system and have done for years.

But let's not forget there were eleven players out on that pitch that failed miserably and have been for weeks. I think they should take a lot of responsibility for that fail...perhaps Reda and Nouble have lost the dressing room in the space of a week?

Perhaps we should have played 4-4-2?

Otis

Why does no one ask what SISU ' S long term plan is?! We all know the return they want on their investment is not gonna happen unless we are at least in the championship with our own ground and a decent fan base turning up every week.

In contrast we are sinking further down the leagues, fan base is disolving to nothing and any sort of stadium ownership seems further away than ever!

They are failing miserable at getting anywhere near achieving their own objectives for their investors, let alone those of the fans

If they do ever build a stadium, by the time it opens, there will be next to no fans left to try and fill it. And that's even if it were a 8,000 capacity.

Continue on this spiral and we will be a lower table League 2 side at best when any delusional new stadium is built. By then most fans will have completely and totally deserted us.

Otis

Yes Pressley should be ultimately responsible, but so should Waggot and SISU...I really do question our scouting system and have done for years.

But let's not forget there were eleven players out on that pitch that failed miserably and have been for weeks. I think they should take a lot of responsibility for that fail...perhaps Reda and Nouble have lost the dressing room in the space of a week?

Perhaps we should have played 4-4-2?

3 key things re the players yesterday.

1. Possibly our 2 best players at the moment, Reda and JOB, put in the required effort, but absolutely abysmal performances.

2. Some players looked slightly disinterested, Nouble being a case in point

And ..

3. We had certain individual players who were a disgrace and didn't even break sweat, Tudgay and Barton the main culprits. They didn't make any attempt to try and win possession at some points in the game.

So, a mixture of awful performances from key players and some not even putting in the minimal effort required .

Result: One of the most embarrassing defeats and efforts inour entire history.

Pressley does have to shoulder the blame too, for picking these players and in Tudgay's case, for bringing him to the club. Besides Tudgay, Jackson is now looking like a bit of a headless chicken, as too is McQuoid.

Very disappointed that SP left the penalty taking down to 'who felt most confident on the pitch.' There should be a nominated penalty taker and it should be the best player at penalty taking.

Barton should have been taken off much earlier, Nouble, not removed and Tudgay not brought on.

Terry Gibson's perm

We must have one of the most expensive board of directors as well but it doesn't make that any good either, I have said for months that Waggott is no good he has been getting away with it because of the move back to the Ricoh ( a move that as it has turned out was very helpful to a council who wanted to sell it elsewhere with a tenant in place)

A low day in the history of CCFC but the big question is will it be the lowest or are we still in free fall.

rupert_bear

Interesting that it was the chairman, new chairman at that who did the interview. When appointed to that role we were told he was responsible for the proposed new stadium and everything else was down to the new c.e.o. Steve Waggott. During the interview TF mentioned Waggott as just that Waggott, not Steve or even Steve Waggott ! do I detect a split in the camp ? I would have thought the c.e.o. whould have been up for interview as he is more hands on with the squad, manager and state of the team.

Last edited:

Otis

We must have one of the most expensive board of directors as well but it doesn't make that any good either, I have said for months that Waggott is no good he has been getting away with it because of the move back to the Ricoh ( a move that as it has turned out was very helpful to a council who wanted to sell it elsewhere with a tenant in place)

A low day in the history of CCFC but the big question is will it be the lowest or are we still in free fall.

Guess we will find out on Wednesday.

Kingokings204

Yes couple of points. It's well worth a listen btw and the interviewer woman runs circles round any other presenter such as O'connor et al. She was ruthless.

Tim to be fair handled himself well but every time he speaks he tells a million stories. He actually called SW waggott as a previous poster mentioned. That's disgusting for the clubs CEO whether you like him or not. Very odd.

He also mentioned the standard "land purchase is very close" been the party line for 18 months now. So it's BS.

He also mentioned not paying the players although he has to contractually as this loss can cost us around a million quid as in the last 2 fa cup years with big games at Spurs and arsenal. Can't rely on that though he said they don't rely on it though it is there to be had.

Very interesting interview and the woman interviewing was brilliant. More of her. She sounds sexy also. I think Tim was putting on his calm swarve voice personally.

Very good and very insightful. There is obviously big divisions in the camp that are affecting performances but no one is spilling the beans just yet

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes couple of points. It's well worth a listen btw and the interviewer woman runs circles round any other presenter such as O'connor et al. She was ruthless.

Tim to be fair handled himself well but every time he speaks he tells a million stories. He actually called SW waggott as a previous poster mentioned. That's disgusting for the clubs CEO whether you like him or not. Very odd.

He also mentioned the standard "land purchase is very close" been the party line for 18 months now. So it's BS.

He also mentioned not paying the players although he has to contractually as this loss can cost us around a million quid as in the last 2 fa cup years with big games at Spurs and arsenal. Can't rely on that though he said they don't rely on it though it is there to be had.

Very interesting interview and the woman interviewing was brilliant. More of her. She sounds sexy also. I think Tim was putting on his calm swarve voice personally.

Very good and very insightful

Wish I had listened but he just makes me want to vomit.

When he talks of this land purchase it is probably one of these you can buy on the moon.

Hobo

3 key things re the players yesterday.

1. Possibly our 2 best players at the moment, Reda and JOB, put in the required effort, but absolutely abysmal performances.

2. Some players looked slightly disinterested, Nouble being a case in point

And ..

3. We had certain individual players who were a disgrace and didn't even break sweat, Tudgay and Barton the main culprits. They didn't make any attempt to try and win possession at some points in the game.

So, a mixture of awful performances from key players and some not even putting in the minimal effort required .

Result: One of the most embarrassing defeats and efforts inour entire history.

Pressley does have to shoulder the blame too, for picking these players and in Tudgay's case, for bringing him to the club. Besides Tudgay, Jackson is now looking like a bit of a headless chicken, as too is McQuoid.

Very disappointed that SP left the penalty taking down to 'who felt most confident on the pitch.' There should be a nominated penalty taker and it should be the best player at penalty taking.

Barton should have been taken off much earlier, Nouble, not removed and Tudgay not brought on.

Tudgay was a complete panic buy, when we had no strikers....lots of fans thought he would score loads, but this is a player who admitted he almost retired at the end of last season because he had lost the appetite for football?

We have no spine to this team. You sum up my thoughts on Reda, lots of effort but lacking quality and very erratic and at times rash.

But in fairness the whole organisation has no spine.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I have to say I did like the direct approach taken by Lorna Bailey ...... asked a lot of the questions that fans would put to TF

Aside from the talk of investment being reduced to Ryton being like a snooker table and that we now have lots of fancy gadgets to measure performance..... the one thing that made me choke was the comment that we should take the positives from this ............ what positives? There is no evidence of a new stadium and as far as I can see the bid for 50% is likely to fail, the finances only look good because of up front payments and there are no windfalls coming, there is interest of close to £1m to pay our creditor/investors in December, the team is achieving very little and are looking over their shoulders not up, things are going backwards....... positives what positives?

Users who are viewing this thread