First Cov pub you had a drink in (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

What was the first pub you had a beer in? How old were you and is the pub still there?

Mine; Binley Oak aged 14, it's still there but not a pub any longer as far as I know

matesx

Loved Strikers bar!

remember the 2 fit barmaids? one long dark hair the other long blonde?

yes please

covcity4life

probably barass pub in courthouse green. maybe around 16. but it would have been half a beer at most. wasnt allowed to start drinking till i was 18. which im glad about in hindsight

mechaishida

Loved Strikers bar!

remember the 2 fit barmaids? one long dark hair the other long blonde?

yes please

Not sure but I walked into a massive pair of tits in the crowd there once. Right in my face, literally, she squashed my nose and everything.

For a 14 year old, that's a months worth of wanking material right there.

hill83

The Craftsman in Holbrooks when I was 14. Sick after 4 Carlings.

Edit: Carling Black Labels back then.

Nick

Administrator
The Craftsman in Holbrooks when I was 14. Sick after 4 Carlings.

Edit: Carling Black Labels back then.

I know a bloke who still calls it Carling Black Label and still asks for it at the bar. Not even for the comedy value either, genuinely serious.

No need to thank me for making your Christmas truly special with that knowledge.

lifeskyblue

Good to see early business. Just hope the lad settles quickly and we see the quality he clearly has. Hope he provides the creativity from midfield rather than be put out on the wing. Would like to see an out and out winger next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Good to see early business. Just hope the lad settles quickly and we see the quality he clearly has. Hope he provides the creativity from midfield rather than be put out on the wing. Would like to see an out and out winger next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

CV22SBA

The Mercer Arms for me, before West Ham away when i was about 16 and getting a club coach for a mid-week game. My first away game with mates.

I used to Love Carling Black Label but can't stand Carling as its to fizzy. Am i just getting old or was Carling Black Label a lot nicer?

skybluesam66

I know a bloke who still calls it Carling Black Label and still asks for it at the bar. Not even for the comedy value either, genuinely serious.

No need to thank me for making your Christmas truly special with that knowledge.
didnt even know it had changed name
probably because the last time i had one, it was a choice of that or Skol

wingy

The Mercer Arms for me, before West Ham away when i was about 16 and getting a club coach for a mid-week game. My first away game with mates.

I used to Love Carling Black Label but can't stand Carling as its to fizzy. Am i just getting old or was Carling Black Label a lot nicer?
Had to have a one off Carling a couple of Saturdays back.
Surprised how pleasant I found it.
My first watering hole was Berkswell British Legion Club.
Supervised weaning by the old Fella.
A Fine establishment still going strong as I found on a rare visit last Sunday.
Too many Blues and Villa fans over that side, but the banters good over in bandit country.

RedSalmon

In Coventry it would have been the Bear..........since knocked down and replaced with a Building Society.

The very first pub ever to have had a drink in was the White Lion in Bedworth.......since knocked down and replaced with an office block.

Otis

I can't remember where it was to be honest, but we were 15 and the young barmaid had no bra on and was wearing quite a loose fitting low top, so we kept ordering bottles from the bottom shelf under the beer taps, so she had to bend down right in front of us.

So, can't remember the pub or what we drank and only remember the barmaid.

hill83

Imagine a 14 year old walking into a pub now and trying to get a beer.

Going off my little brothers mates they'd just lift the doorman up and place him out of the way. They are all absolutely massive these days.

Nick

Administrator
Going off my little brothers mates they'd just lift the doorman up and place him out of the way. They are all absolutely massive these days.

Do they manage to get served and into pubs and places like that?

eastwoodsdustman

My lad and his mates are all 17/18 and half of them are so petrified that they'll get refused getting served that they wont go to pubs or clubs.

Otis

My lad and his mates are all 17/18 and half of them are so petrified that they'll get refused getting served that they wont go to pubs or clubs.
It is a massive embarrassment when you are that age and in a queue and then get turned away.

Used to be for us. Everyone pointing and laughing at you, especially the other mates you went with who DID get in.

Nick

Administrator

That's part of the fun, if you can't all get in to the good places you just go to some shitholes where they aren't bothered and will happily overcharge you for shit beer.

You have to try to see if you can, then give it the act that you have left your ID at home, back in the day people used to use other people's ID and get in even if they didn't really look like them.

Users who are viewing this thread