First ‘Home’ Game Attendance (1 Viewer)

AndreasB

Attendances at Sixfields were pretty constant- it was the away support that skewed it. Peterborough was a local game for them and they were doing well at the time. There were a few times there when the away support was bigger than the home support.
I feel that with less stigma of going to Birmingham, there will be a few BIG games (like MK Dons away) where a head of steam builds up and we get a big attendance. I think night games and less attractive fixtures will be ST plus a very small "walk up" - probably 500-1000, rather than the 3-4000 at the Ricoh.

ccfc1234

7840 of which 5000 will be regulars.
We need the club to unite behind Mark Robins this season. Most of us can spare £20 and if everyone who can't go or will watch on I follow did this we could do something amazing this year.

Why not ask for CCFC stuff for my birthday and Christmas. Let's face it you will probably be brought shit by relatives anyway. So why not get non football supporting relatives getting the tills ringing at the online store.

Got some half decent ties and belts over the years. Not sure we have that in our range this year tho.

Sky Blue Harry H

7840 of which 5000 will be regulars.
We need the club to unite behind Mark Robins this season. Most of us can spare £20 and if everyone who can't go or will watch on I follow did this we could do something amazing this year.

Why not ask for CCFC stuff for my birthday and Christmas. Let's face it you will probably be brought shit by relatives anyway. So why not get non football supporting relatives getting the tills ringing at the online store.

Got some half decent ties and belts over the years. Not sure we have that in our range this year tho.

I am an optimist, but I'll be surprised if we get 5,000 regulars attending. Hopefully 2,500 will be season tickets/match packages. Think the 'day out' bit will appeal to a few, plus the odd local - but my gut (hopefully I'm underestimating) thinks the regulars will be nearer 3,000. It will be the away followings, plus the lure of a bigger game that will add a few extra to the home figure. Let's hope a lot will get off their backsides and travel.

Garryb80

I am an optimist, but I'll be surprised if we get 5,000 regulars attending. Hopefully 2,500 will be season tickets/match packages. Think the 'day out' bit will appeal to a few, plus the odd local - but my gut (hopefully I'm underestimating) thinks the regulars will be nearer 3,000. It will be the away followings, plus the lure of a bigger game that will add a few extra to the home figure. Let's hope a lot will get off their backsides and travel.
Just did a count and theres just shy of 2500 dots. Add in corporate and match packages and we will easily be nearer to 3000.

PurpleBin

I've been to about 7 games in about 5 years. Maybe longer. No football reason just lost interest really. I'm making the effort this year though. Weirdly looking forward to it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just did a count and theres just shy of 2500 dots. Add in corporate and match packages and we will easily be nearer to 3000.

Great - just need the 'on the day' and locals to boost the 'regular' attendance. then.

covbromsgrove

I'm new, so hi guys.
I'm also totally selfish because I will be able to go more often than the last few years. Even I was a season ticket holder I couldn't go every week, but as I live and work in Birmingham it's a different story, as my home is 500 metres from St Andrews I will be able to go.

See you there

Nick

Administrator
I'm new, so hi guys.
I'm also totally selfish because I will be able to go more often than the last few years. Even I was a season ticket holder I couldn't go every week, but as I live and work in Birmingham it's a different story, as my home is 500 metres from St Andrews I will be able to go.

See you there
Have you got any room for parking?

usskyblue

A good place to drink is Missing. It's a gay bar but it's fun and I know City fans will be welcome, especially Otis.

You’re only 7 posts in m8

giphy.gif

ccfc1234

I've been to about 7 games in about 5 years. Maybe longer. No football reason just lost interest really. I'm making the effort this year though. Weirdly looking forward to it.
Good for you Bin. And if you have kids take them too. CCFC needs it's fans to be there from a money and atmosphere perspective. See some of John at Swindon next week when I hope we will see something close to the first team in action.

shmmeee

My 9 yo daughter actually said she wanted to go to a game. I’m a little stunned (she’s a proper plastic fan, only been to see us at Wembley), trying to work out the logistics now. Think the four year old will be a bit young.

Sky Blue Harry H

So, I was not being optimistic enough. Changing to 8913 as excitement for new season starts. These next 8 days are going to really drag. I still claim my prize.

If we are within 2,000 of that (higher) figure I'll buy you a beer and a half time pie. I'm the one in the photo on the left (honest)

Woolly68

If we are within 2,000 of that (higher) figure I'll buy you a beer and a half time pie. I'm the one in the photo on the left (honest)
Ha, I’ll take that. I am not a blue cartoon sheep. I support Exeter City as well, although Coventry were my first team back in1978. I have no connection with the City, I just liked the kit, the one in your avatar, when I was a kid. I was one of only 2 Coventry fans in my school. Ironically, I started watching Exeter, my local Club, in 1990 after a promotion and watching them in A PSF against Coventry. I was in the away end with the Coventry fans that day and got chased (but not caught) by a load of Exeter fans after the game. I mention this because the 2 teams had similar seasons last time around and are both on the up. I’m more optimistic that both teams will get promoted this season. When I first started watching Exeter I didn’t think they would ever really play Coventry as they were 4 leagues apart, so it would be easy to support both. I don’t go to the games where they play each other. Made an exception this season and have tickets for the cup game, in the Coventry end with Coventry top on. I do believe Coventry league attendances will be higher than most people think. I’m confident in Mark Robins and believe we’ll come good this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ha, I’ll take that. I am not a blue cartoon sheep. I support Exeter City as well, although Coventry were my first team back in1978. I have no connection with the City, I just liked the kit, the one in your avatar, when I was a kid. I was one of only 2 Coventry fans in my school. Ironically, I started watching Exeter, my local Club, in 1990 after a promotion and watching them in A PSF against Coventry. I was in the away end with the Coventry fans that day and got chased (but not caught) by a load of Exeter fans after the game. I mention this because the 2 teams had similar seasons last time around and are both on the up. I’m more optimistic that both teams will get promoted this season. When I first started watching Exeter I didn’t think they would ever really play Coventry as they were 4 leagues apart, so it would be easy to support both. I don’t go to the games where they play each other. Made an exception this season and have tickets for the cup game, in the Coventry end with Coventry top on. I do believe Coventry league attendances will be higher than most people think. I’m confident in Mark Robins and believe we’ll come good this season.

Fair play Woolly.Won't be able to buy you the beer at the Exeter game, as I'm away in Malta (but I'll raise a glass to you) You'll have to come back for one more (or the play off final against Sunderland) and I'll have a beer waiting! Are you going to travel up with the Exeter fans?

Woolly68

Fair play Woolly.Won't be able to buy you the beer at the Exeter game, as I'm away in Malta (but I'll raise a glass to you) You'll have to come back for one more (or the play off final against Sunderland) and I'll have a beer waiting! Are you going to travel up with the Exeter fans?
No, not for this game. Staying in Brum overnight so I can have a few beers. Hopefully that’s the last time we play each other now for a while. I try to get 3 or 4 games in this season and the odd away game near me, if I can get tickets (Bristol Rovers). Blackpool away in April is on the list as I am up that way with the family.

DannyThomas_1981

Attendance prediction = 10 bags - 3.5 bags + anti-hero Hickman watching his mate Bayliss and on social media offering to shag anyone available in St. Andrews.

Woolly68

Been to Malta a couple of times, well Gozo to be more accurate. The local beer was either Cisk or Hopleaf back then, both disgusting. Nice place and friendly people. Enjoy.

Brylowes

3400 Cov ‘and whatever they bring, so probably 4700
And then falling after that ‘except the games with a big away following.

Essexrobbie

I'm much the same Woolly. My dad took me to watch southend united in the mid 60s in the old div 4. My adopted div one side was Coventry, purely because I liked the kit, and they were just different. Now 50 or so years latter I have three sons, one of which is an avid city fan as I took him regularly to the old highfield road but his brother is a solely southend as we used to take him with my dad. City and united play this weekend, and my loyalties are well and truly split, although I have purchased the official city shirt whereas I've only brought the united one from the manufacturer... no badge but a third of the price.

ccfcway

I genuinely can't wait for Saturday now.

Can't see Southend bringing more than 1000?

i'm going but with nowhere near as much excitement as normal for a new season. Cant help thinking walking into St Andrews will feel like a pre season game and thats its nowhere near as important as normal. It just wont feel like my club, it will feel like a kick about in somoene elses ground.

I might be worng, so let's see.

Users who are viewing this thread