Fine Margins (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

An Offside goal and 2 definite penalties.

Fine margins and a bit of luck which we ain’t got at the moment.

Hadji had his chances but they aren’t going his way at the moment. Yes he should have buried that chance but his confidence is shot.

It will click we aren’t far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gint11

Hadji had his chances but they aren’t going his way at the moment. Yes he should have buried that chance but his confidence is shot.

good optimism but no, we are toothless and have no confidence. Relegation battle on the cards.

ajl

The difference with last season is, we knew how good Gyokeres and hamer were, and O'Hare, so we were confident it would click and we would climb the table

Who in this squad am I confident in? No one

O'Hare has had a long term injury, could be a completely different player, remains to be seen, hopefully he can drag us up the table, but only one I'm half confident of

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

hill83

bagdad-bob.gif

SkyBlue_Bear83

Today we did 90% of the game fine and the 10% that matters was terrible.

I would rather we did the 10% that matters well and the other 90% shit.

Hope we turn it around but without a Hamer or Gyokeres it's difficult to see how.

Fergusons_Beard

It wasn't fine.

We were awful.

They didn't need 50 chances to score.

once we went 1-0 down then we had to break down a very resilient West Brom team which basically played on the counter and had 10 men behind the ball.

We weren’t that bad Nick.

Very difficult to break down a side playing this way especially when we were once again conceded first.

In that situation we have to take our chances and unfortunately Hadji missed his.

Also we should have had a pen at 0-0.

Like I said fine margins.

Nick

Administrator
once we went 1-0 down then we had to break down a very resilient West Brom team which basically played on the counter and had 10 men behind the ball.

We weren’t that bad Nick.

Very difficult to break down a side playing this way especially when we were once again conceded first.

In that situation we have to take our chances and unfortunately Hadji missed his.

Also we should have had a pen at 0-0.

Like I said fine margins.

We had no idea what to do to break them down.

See Rotherham and Bristol city.

Robins is persisting with eccles taking shit set pieces.

We looked no different with 2 up front today and ohare behind them as we did before it was changed.

Skyblue_CP

Today we did 90% of the game fine and the 10% that matters was terrible.

I would rather we did the 10% that matters well and the other 90% shit.

Hope we turn it around but without a Hamer or Gyokeres it's difficult to see how.
We don’t do anything, we huff and puff going left and right. Our only “good” chance was them playing a miss placed pass.

Flying Fokker

Agreed, but where are the goals coming from? The transition from work in progress is going to take time.

Macca

The only part of us that’s looks ok is in the areas of the pitch where the opposition let us play because there is no threat. Yes we can string some pretty play together under no pressure .

Apart from that we look awful up front, shaky in defence and devoid of someone that can deliver a simple effective ball into the danger area. For me we look a mile of a team that a simple click will solve

Kingokings204

I agree personally. It was a handball and a penalty and then it’s a different game. Even then at 0-0 Wilson makes a clanger. Even then at 1-0 down Wright misses a total sitter. Even at 1-0 they score an offside goal to put the game out of reach.

literally everything is going wrong for us. It is what happens when the team is struggling and 100% is low on confidence. some of our play is predictable and slow but that’s a confidence thing not quality.

and as for the balls in to the box via a corner or free kick then yeah we are dog shit. Won’t score if there all day from those.

CV22SBA

Sorry it’s not fine margins we are fucking dreadful. We miss the quality of young prem loans like we’ve had in the last few seasons. The new signings are simply not good enough.

pusbccfc

Yep. Very little said about the referee. That handball is criminal. He's literally moved toward the ball with his arm.

We were alright last night but the issues are clear to see. We are toothless and mentally weak.

pusbccfc

The difference with last season is, we knew how good Gyokeres and hamer were, and O'Hare, so we were confident it would click and we would climb the table

Who in this squad am I confident in? No one

O'Hare has had a long term injury, could be a completely different player, remains to be seen, hopefully he can drag us up the table, but only one I'm half confident of

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Agreed. People keep comparing us to this time last year but we knew how good Hamer and Gyökeres were. We were playing reasonably good football as well. Moore was to blame as much as the pitch.

CCFCSteve

We had no idea what to do to break them down.

See Rotherham and Bristol city.
Didn’t we hit the bar twice and have a legit goal disallowed against Bristol in first 30 mins ? Last night possibly two pens and if Wright sticks his one on one away different game

Problem is we’re leaking the first goal and then teams can sit very deep which means we won’t get a load of chances but we need to make sure we take them

I do agree we’ve got to be a bit braver in possession ie look for the early runs from strikers rather than always pass through
opposition* and have a dig

*tried it a few times last night but they kept being called offside

nightowl1883

We do look ok until putting a good ball into the box, the worrying thing thing is not scored in 3 and the last goal for us was an own goal. 70 corners since our last goal from a corner that’s got to be a poor record.

CV22SBA

Also highly doubt we’re going to substantially improve midfield in January, who of any quality would want to join this mess?
Fadz is not the same player this season, Doyle & McNally made his job easy. Sheaf is not the same player, Hamer made his job a lot easier. The new signings are simply not good enough. I feel sorry for Bidwell, doesn’t even get a look in and we miss his defensive work.

CV22SBA

We do look ok until putting a good ball into the box, the worrying thing thing is not scored in 3 and the last goal for us was an own goal. 70 corners since our last goal from a corner that’s got to be a poor record.
Yep. 50 sideways & backwards passes until it finally gets out wide, usually to Da Silva who fails with a shit cross.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fadz is not the same player this season, Doyle & McNally made his job easy. Sheaf is not the same player, Hamer made his job a lot easier. The new signings are simply not good enough. I feel sorry for Bidwell, doesn’t even get a look in and we miss his defensive work.
We are fielding so many defensive players but end up conceding soft goals anyway. Getting so much possession, about two thirds each game, and losing every week anyway.

What we’re doing isn’t working and repeating it every week is going to end in relegation or something close. But for it to change, the manager needs to admit his mistakes. 4 defeats in a row might well do that.

Great_Expectations

I agree to an extent.

We do have good players and overall a stronger squad. We don’t have a bunch of no hopers who we all collectively agree are poor (see the relegation seasons).

We’re massively bereft of confidence and MR needs to find a way to make us more incisive - and quickly.

We’re missing two game changers, but early into last season we did not have the game changing Hamer who finished the season - in fact there were calls for him to be sold.

This year we have the returning COH, who we know is a definite game changer. One strong midfield addition in Jan and we could have a strong second half.

It’s cliche and we’re sick of hearing it, but more time is needed before anything drastic is done.

We’re in an absolute trough at the minute, but life is a series of peaks and troughs - we’ll get there.

cooperskyblue

Agreed. People keep comparing us to this time last year but we knew how good Hamer and Gyökeres were. We were playing reasonably good football as well. Moore was to blame as much as the pitch.

No we weren't playing good football for large portions of the middle part of last season. People have these Rose tinted views on last season because of that final great run we went on. But we had a 2 wins in 11 spell last year with pretty turgid draws against Cardiff, Bristol etc at home which I remember People were not happy with.

6 x 1-0 wins last season. All of which were fine margins and were won because of Gyokeres winning a penalty or scoring some wonder goal. But outside of that we would be fairly ordinary. And at the other end we kept clean sheets and in many games Rode our luck with opposition missing clear chances and we would then punish them.

This year it is roles reversed and we aren't getting any luck and are shooting ourselves in the foot by making stupid mistakes and then missing sitters. It's not good enough at the moment results wise.

But I think there are some good players in our team who just need a result or two, or a goal or two to give everyone a lift. I'm not writing anyone off yet, I don't think it would take much to turn results around.

Saddlebrains

The amount of whataboutery on here is astonishing

Yea but we hit the bar. Yea but the ref didnt give a pen. Yea but if Milan squared it to Simms v Huddersfield. Yea but yea but yea but

The fact is we've spent 20 million quid to look like relegation fodder and the manager (who i still want to stay btw) doesn't seem to have a fucking clue how to fix it

No matter how many times we 'look good on the ball' etc, that doesnt win us any fucking points does it?

We cant score if we played 3 days straight. The defence leaks stupud goals time and time again. The players are not a unit whatsoever on, or off the field, and even the likes of Fadz in his interview yesterday seem bereft of how this improves

We need to face facts, that its November tomorrow, and we have seemingly thrown away the best chance in 22 years to rebuild this club for the future and spunked the cash on shit (bar Milan, and Tats)

Users who are viewing this thread