Fine Margins (1 Viewer)

Otis

I don't see how anyone can argue that it's not fine margins.

That second goal WAS offside and we clearly should have had a penalty.

I am not panicking at all, have complete faith in Mark Robins and believe we WILL turn things around.

Saddlebrains

I don't see how anyone can argue that it's not fine margins.

That second goal WAS offside and we clearly should have had a penalty.

I am not panicking at all, have complete faith in Mark Robins and believe we WILL turn things around.

What about all the other games we've been shit in then?

Domo

We had no idea what to do to break them down.

See Rotherham and Bristol city.

Robins is persisting with eccles taking shit set pieces.

We looked no different with 2 up front today and ohare behind them as we did before it was changed.
who else is there to take set pieces?

CCFCSteve

The amount of whataboutery on here is astonishing

Yea but we hit the bar. Yea but the ref didnt give a pen. Yea but if Milan squared it to Simms v Huddersfield. Yea but yea but yea but

The fact is we've spent 20 million quid to look like relegation fodder and the manager (who i still want to stay btw) doesn't seem to have a fucking clue how to fix it

No matter how many times we 'look good on the ball' etc, that doesnt win us any fucking points does it?

We cant score if we played 3 days straight. The defence leaks stupud goals time and time again. The players are not a unit whatsoever on, or off the field, and even the likes of Fadz in his interview yesterday seem bereft of how this improves

We need to face facts, that its November tomorrow, and we have seemingly thrown away the best chance in 22 years to rebuild this club for the future and spunked the cash on shit (bar Milan, and Tats)

To be fair it’s a thread entitled ‘Fine margins’ so missed offsides, penalties, hitting bar etc are all relevant

Shit ??? I think Lati and Kitching look decent signings and I’m still confident that Simms will come good. Thomas still young and there’s a player there. Biggest concern because of the fee is obviously Wright but as I mention in another thread, new country, new league (young family by sounds of it) sometimes it takes a while. Might work out, might not

Otis

To be fair it’s a thread entitled ‘Fine margins’ so missed offsides, penalties, hitting bar etc are all relevant

Shit ??? I think Lati and Kitching look decent signings and I’m still confident that Simms will come good. Thomas still young and there’s a player there. Biggest concern because of the fee is obviously Wright but as I mention in another thread, new country, new league (young family by sounds of it) sometimes it takes a while. Might work out, might not
Good, rational post.

pusbccfc

No we weren't playing good football for large portions of the middle part of last season. People have these Rose tinted views on last season because of that final great run we went on. But we had a 2 wins in 11 spell last year with pretty turgid draws against Cardiff, Bristol etc at home which I remember People were not happy with.

6 x 1-0 wins last season. All of which were fine margins and were won because of Gyokeres winning a penalty or scoring some wonder goal. But outside of that we would be fairly ordinary. And at the other end we kept clean sheets and in many games Rode our luck with opposition missing clear chances and we would then punish them.

This year it is roles reversed and we aren't getting any luck and are shooting ourselves in the foot by making stupid mistakes and then missing sitters. It's not good enough at the moment results wise.

But I think there are some good players in our team who just need a result or two, or a goal or two to give everyone a lift. I'm not writing anyone off yet, I don't think it would take much to turn results around.

We were the better side against Sunderland, Hull, Millwall (before Hamer was sent off) and Luton.

Moore mistakes lost us those early games. Hamer being sent off twice did not help. We've not really played well all season besides Leicester, with Hamer.

Warwickhunt

“If we scored all our chances and they didn’t we’d have won!”

When our only routes to goal are penalties and chances handed to us by the opposition we’re in a bad place.
Could say the same about WBA

Brighton Sky Blue

Almost all football players are mercenaries.

The idea that no-one is going to want to join us, when we’re flush with cash and prepared to outspend almost any club in the division, is ridiculous.
Oh I’m sure someone will. I meant anyone good.

Fergusons_Beard

Reminds me of the first season we went back up to the championship.

Started well and lost a few when we should have won them.

Heads dropped and we were looking doomed until we went on a late run including Ostegaards crucial header at Rotherham.

Shouldn’t be squeaky bum time like that season I can see us easily finishing a comfortable mid table.

We have a stack more quality now-despite what some folks are saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

The amount of whataboutery on here is astonishing

Yea but we hit the bar. Yea but the ref didnt give a pen. Yea but if Milan squared it to Simms v Huddersfield. Yea but yea but yea but

The fact is we've spent 20 million quid to look like relegation fodder and the manager (who i still want to stay btw) doesn't seem to have a fucking clue how to fix it

No matter how many times we 'look good on the ball' etc, that doesnt win us any fucking points does it?

We cant score if we played 3 days straight. The defence leaks stupud goals time and time again. The players are not a unit whatsoever on, or off the field, and even the likes of Fadz in his interview yesterday seem bereft of how this improves

We need to face facts, that its November tomorrow, and we have seemingly thrown away the best chance in 22 years to rebuild this club for the future and spunked the cash on shit (bar Milan, and Tats)

Have to credit you SB you haven’t wavered from your narrative since King bought the club and your nose was abruptly put out of shape.

Look forward to you eating Humble pie alongside the WUM Greggs when we inevitably start winning and move up the table.

OldBedrocker

An Offside goal and 2 definite penalties.

Fine margins and a bit of luck which we ain’t got at the moment.

Hadji had his chances but they aren’t going his way at the moment. Yes he should have buried that chance but his confidence is shot.

It will click we aren’t far off.

Don’t forget the free header they had that came back off the inside of the post straight in to Wilson’s hands

Saddlebrains

Have to credit you SB you haven’t wavered from your narrative since King bought the club and your nose was abruptly put out of shape.

Look forward to you eating Humble pie alongside the WUM Greggs when we inevitably start winning and move up the table.

Happily

But i dont think we will, deffo not this side of xmas

Johhny Blue

An Offside goal and 2 definite penalties.

Fine margins and a bit of luck which we ain’t got at the moment.

Hadji had his chances but they aren’t going his way at the moment. Yes he should have buried that chance but his confidence is shot.

It will click we aren’t far off.

I agree on the penalties but don’t think the goal was offside. I think the officials got most of the offside decisions right today and most of the penalty decisions wrong.

Calista

People look at possession and get excited
I don’t get why you find a City team stringing passes together boring – there have been plenty of periods in the past when we weren’t capable of that, and it was definitely worse to watch than what we have now.

If we’d got one less win and finished 10th last season instead of scraping into the playoffs, I’m sure you wouldn’t have said that parking the bus and whacking it up to Vik was entertaining. People would have rightly slated Robins for boring negative tactics and not enough possession. He’s trying to make the change now, which is logical unless you can find another Gyokeres who can play on his own.

It’s not working yet because the crossing both from set pieces and open play is abysmal, the finishing is poor (I actually think our shooting was mostly garbage last season too), and we’re getting punished for mistakes at the back. These things determine matches, and luck has been against us too.

Users who are viewing this thread