Finally, somebody in the media has noticed: (1 Viewer)

CovBurty

I could see WBA getting the same reaction as Stoke, even if they are in the PL.
winnable game tho. don't want any 'big' teams as we could get slaughtered. not another Spurs game until maybe the quarters (lol)

Nick

Administrator
SBW - I agree wholeheartedly, but then I'd raise the question of why the journalists at our local newspaper don't seem capable of doing their jobs properly?

It's not as if those national ones are digging the dirt, they go and ask the trust and they basically tell them what to put.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Do they not give them a rough brief then and then information about what has happened so far as well as comments to get an idea?
So it's not common knowledge, and these journalists ave to get somebody else to tell them the facts? They must have missed the the relegations we've had. All the demos pigs, tennis balls, the demo on the pitch on sky. Playing in Northampton these things must have passed them by. After all if those things sports journalists have to ask the trust they can't see it for themselves.

Nick

Administrator
So it's not common knowledge, and these journalists ave to get somebody else to tell them the facts? They must have missed the the relegations we've had. All the demos pigs, tennis balls, the demo on the pitch on sky. Playing in Northampton these things must have passed them by. After all if those things sports journalists have to ask the trust they can't see it for themselves.

They are just rehashing old articles, they clearly aren't investigating are they? Most of it does pass a lot of journalists by to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
So if they are rehashing old articles why would they be asking the trust?

Because they get the blanks filled in a brief outline to set the tone of the story. Journalists nowadays can barely copy and paste properly and check facts, never mind investigate (some would, but it would be very rare).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Because they get the blanks filled in a brief outline to set the tone of the story. Journalists nowadays can barely copy and paste properly and check facts, never mind investigate (some would, but it would be very rare).
You'll have to stop your subscriptions to the Sport and Coventry Observer

skybluetony176

So who writes the Observers articles on our predicament then? I’m assuming that you’re going to say SISU based on what you’ve just posted.

Nick

Administrator
So who writes the Observers articles on our predicament then? I’m assuming that you’re going to say SISU based on what you’ve just posted.

I meant national ones like that, I wouldn't say the Cov Telegraph do it much either unless it's James Rodger or when they chuck stuff in at the end. The Observer often pad it out as well when a story could have 2 paragraphs then you have 4 or 5 un-needed nonsense at the bottom.

The nationals aren't following it closely like local media are they? You can tell when they have been given an overview of the situation, the same as you could if RFC was to be the person being interviewed.

skybluetony176

I meant national ones like that, I wouldn't say the Cov Telegraph do it much either unless it's James Rodger or when they chuck stuff in at the end. The Observer often pad it out as well when a story could have 2 paragraphs then you have 4 or 5 un-needed nonsense at the bottom.

The nationals aren't following it closely like local media are they? You can tell when they have been given an overview of the situation, the same as you could if RFC was to be the person being interviewed.

Thought so.

Users who are viewing this thread