Finally acknowledged the ccfc will never own a stadium under sisu (1 Viewer)

bezzer

A couple of points i would like to raise. I read the article where does the figure of 7million come from other than the title ?
I don't in principle have a problem with Sisu purchasing the Ricoh for 7 million. Obviously there would be conditions. If they are purchasing the stadium for such a paltry amount then they should except conditions imposed and if not no deal. The conditions would be that the Ricoh and the club are in the same company and can not be split. This will protect the club from paying rent. The other condition is that the Ricoh can not be borrowed against. If these sort of covenants are not put in place what would stop Sisu from charging ccfc high rent. Or worse buy the Ricoh for 7 million one day the next take out a 70million loan against it crippling the club !!!!!!!

It's not often I find myself agreeing with you SBJ, but on this I do.

bigfatronssba

I don't want the Council having anything to do with CCFC. Being open minded I see there's more than one villain in this mess, the council being one of them.

Where have I said I accept the mistakes SISU have made? You asked me who I wanted to own the ground. I said I didn't want the council owning it. I don't want SISU owning it either!! But if we want CCFC back in Coventry, in the short term that may have to be the bitter pill we've got to swallow!

As I've said before, show me how we're going to get CCFC back at the Ricoh?

Come on, show me your progressive argument.

The progressive argument is for the the Ricoh lease (freehold is of no use to the club) to belong to the same company as where the golden share sits.

Ccfc should be allowed to purchase acl for the market rate, with various safeguards put in place.

bezzer

The progressive argument is for the the Ricoh lease (freehold is of no use to the club) to belong to the same company as where the golden share sits.

Ccfc should be allowed to purchase acl for the market rate, with various safeguards put in place.

And if SISU own CCFC, then what?

Nick

Administrator
How do other clubs do it? Does every club have the ground in the same company as the playing stuff? Would it be the norm to have it under a management company?

lewys33

How do other clubs do it? Does every club have the ground in the same company as the playing stuff? Would it be the norm to have it under a management company?

Not sure on that one, maybe it is because there is "so much going on" at the Ricoh that a management company would be a good idea .........

bigfatronssba

And if SISU own CCFC, then what?

As long as the stadium is going to the same company as the golden share, market value is paid, and safeguards are put in place then I don't have a problem with them buying the stadium.

However I do have a problem with the stadium going off to separate companies. Sisu aren't to be trusted to do that with honest intentions IMO.

bigfatronssba

I cant see any reason as to why ACL cant be set up as a division of CCFC. ACL as a ltd company would cease to exist, and all assets would belong to CCFC. ACL though would continue to operate separate from the football side of things.

CCFCDan87

That wasn't the question. The question was would CCFC own the Ricoh or would it be one of his companies?

if sisu actually purchased the ground when they first took over, no-one would have said a word. the fact remains sisu paid rent for many a year thinking they were onto a quick earner, that back fired now and they are trying to make ccfc sustainable but for me and many others it’s too late and the damage is done. bit like a girlfriend/wife, cheating over n over again. sooner or later you have enough and tell the slut to do one. tears begin asking for forgiveness but you say enough is enough. sisu very similar, they lied and cheated time n time again and eventually majority have had enough.

italiahorse

Great plan .......... but ....... sisu will not pay market value. They have had several opportunities to buy it but instead have waited until they broke the lease so they can (attempt) get it on the cheap.
All for CCFC getting it on the cheap but that will NEVER be the case.

italiahorse

if sisu actually purchased the ground when they first took over, no-one would have said a word. the fact remains sisu paid rent for many a year thinking they were onto a quick earner, that back fired now and they are trying to make ccfc sustainable but for me and many others it’s too late and the damage is done. bit like a girlfriend/wife, cheating over n over again. sooner or later you have enough and tell the slut to do one. tears begin asking for forgiveness but you say enough is enough. sisu very similar, they lied and cheated time n time again and eventually majority have had enough.

Now the slut and her lover want to move in to a 2 bedroom semi just round the corner to your 6 bedroom mansion.

chiefdave

It's not the fact that if SISU took over we might have CCFC and the Ricoh exist as separate companies in the same group that people have a problem with is it? Is it not more the suspicion that SISU will somehow screw us over, either by loading debt against the ground as a means to get their money back (then walking away leaving us in a complete mess) or by charging the club a large rent to play there.

For me CCC should reatain the freehold and once SISU have purchased ACL and finished repaying the loan replace the current lease with a rolling lease with peppercorn rent and put in clauses that allow CCC to terminate the lease if SISU do something dodgy.

NorthernWisdom

Interesting. So others also suspect you are ACL director Peter Knatchbull Hugessen too. Regardless, you are a coward with an agenda, without the guts to put a name to your childish, abusive behaviour

Got to interject, fair's fair and all that.

I know who MMM 'is', never met him mind you, but that doesn't stop me knowing that... but pretty sure he's nowt to do with any ACL types! For all I know he's best mates with them, quaffs G&Ts in the Dun Cow with them on Wednesday Pie Night... but then maybe he also pops to omars for an all you can eat buffet with Fisher, too!

Not entirely sure where this is heading tbh!

Nonleagueherewecome

This thread is turning into a CCC/ACL 'Love in'

"Hold your nerve ACL" FFS do you want Cov back in Cov or not??????

I would rather the club as it exists presently fold and we can start again in non-league than we go back to The Ricoh as SISU's tenants. The latter is a fate worse than death.

RPHunt

When SISU decided to do a runner from the Ricoh, there are only 3 possible explanations:

1. They intended to build a new ground but that is increasingly looking like a pipe dream.
2. They were willing to risk everything in an attempt to distress ACL and pick up the Ricoh for free or at a bargain price.
3. They had no idea what they were doing.

Whatever the reason, are people seriously suggesting that a company, so obviously inept and wilfully neglectful of our football club, should be allowed to own the Ricoh?

Given their record up to now, isn’t it obvious that not only would the future of CCFC be in jeopardy but also the future of the only stadium in Coventry capable of hosting major sporting events.

covcity4life

When SISU decided to do a runner from the Ricoh, there are only 3 possible explanations:

1. They intended to build a new ground but that is increasingly looking like a pipe dream.
2. They were willing to risk everything in an attempt to distress ACL and pick up the Ricoh for free or at a bargain price.
3. They had no idea what they were doing.

Whatever the reason, are people seriously suggesting that a company, so obviously inept and wilfully neglectful of our football club, should be allowed to own the Ricoh?

Given their record up to now, isn’t it obvious that not only would the future of CCFC be in jeopardy but also the future of the only stadium in Coventry capable of hosting major sporting events.

no more bon jovi?

shock.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

I've said it on the million other threads on this subject in the past and I'll say it again. If PH4 bought CCFC would the Club own it or one of his companies?

As long as neither were charging the club rent, I wouldn't care.

Nonleagueherewecome

True. However, we all know that many on the, how can I put it, the ACL "side" do have more than one account to back up their own point-of-view. Would that be a fair comment?

It's the ridiculous scratching of the chin "you must be a SISU plant" paranoia of MMM and others that really annoys. Annoys me anyway.

The "you must be an ACL plant" stuff annoys me, too.

NorthernWisdom

The "you must be an ACL plant" stuff annoys me, too.

Yeah, it's kind of daft either way.

Also somewhat worrying about how entrenched some people are, that they believe themselves to be RIGHT ON EVERYTHING and thus, in something without certainties, can't conceive of people having a different opinion!

I do nonetheless say this while musing on the irony that (naming no names ;) ) a fair few people were determined that because of when i signed up here, I must be in the pay of SISu because I didn;t believe they caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Nonleagueherewecome

Also somewhat worrying about how entrenched some people are, that they believe themselves to be RIGHT ON EVERYTHING and thus, in something without certainties, can't conceive of people having a different opinion!

I do nonetheless say this while musing on the irony that (naming no names ;) ) a fair few people were determined that because of when i signed up here, I must be in the pay of SISu because I didn;t believe they caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.

And I remember that I leapt to your defence, despite not always seeing eye-to-eye with you ;)

covcity4life

Not One Dinosaur More

NODM

japandy

Don't really rate the Telegraph ever since they stopped the Pink and tried, unsuccessfully to get City fans to buy the Brum Spots Argus. Typical Northern/Southern mentality that Midland clubs don't exist. But Ithink Mr. Ried has been very neutral in his analysis of the situation. Unfortunately many on here CANNOT be neutral because their view is totally onesided so if someone says anything against their own opinion they cannot accept it. Thus many can't see his view as being correct. I like Torch's and Warwickhunt's opinions because they try to be neutral. I don't agree with Lee's opinions but I respect him as a person because he respects other. One other point = Don't you think it's weird that grown men folow other grown men on twitter? Youngsters do it as do young ladies, but grown men? It's rather camp, don't you think?

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and as for the concept of plants, why people can't see that if you really wanted to be an ACL plant, you'd post ludicrously OTT pro SISU stuff to wind people up to incredible levels...

Godiva's actually working for ACL? Blimey, I'd never thought of it that way!

Nonleagueherewecome

You did.

It's why I go easy(ish) on you to this day ;)

Well you're clearly not an idiot, or rabidly one-eyed. Like I say, I might not always agree with you, but I can talk to you!

NorthernWisdom

Godiva's actually working for ACL? Blimey, I'd never thought of it that way!

Godiva's too balanced ;) (yes, I know it's a joke, but) In my weaker moments, I tried to remember when Godiva popped up and if it was when SISU took over ;) but tbh they've gone through so many board members in that time, there'd be no bugger left for him to be consistent! Anyway, what he does offer is a valuable insight into a particular line of thinking, no? Sometimes he raises very good points that I for one hadn't considered, and whether SISU's love child or the Photocopier King, some points he makes are well worth adding into the pot, if we're looking for a way out.

There are one or two who pop up who if you wanted a massive conspiracy theory would fit a template and flash warning lights but...

I'd rather not bother with the paranoia full-stop!

bigfatronssba

Godiva's too balanced ;) In my weaker moments, I tried to remember when Godiva popped up and if it was when SISU took over ;) but tbh they've gone through so many board members in that time, there'd be no bugger left for him to be consistent! Anyway, what he does offer is a valuable insight into a particular line of thinking, no? Sometimes he raises very good points that I for one hadn't considered, and whether SISU's love child or the Photocopier King, some points he makes are well worth adding into the pot, if we're looking for a way out.

There are one or two who pop up who if you wanted a massive conspiracy theory would fit a template and flash warning lights but...

I'd rather not bother with the paranoia full-stop!

RFC is more pro sisu that Seppalla. Theres your ACL plant!

Nonleagueherewecome

RFC is more pro sisu that Seppalla. Theres your ACL plant!

I assume he was just the same RFC from the CT forum, who was similar in tone if not quite so extreme and liked using IMHO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread