Final Tickets Thread. Yessss (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

Luton sold 28,600 so far and not on GS yet. I noticed they got allocated approx 300 more than us.

shmmeee

I only want to buy on his behalf. So it’s more if we’re both in the queue and he gets in before me, the fact he’s in my network wouldn’t stop him buying on his own through his own account would it?

There isn’t some strange rule that because he’s in my network, only I can “buy” (via assigning to him) his ticket?

no you’ll be fine as long as you haven’t used his allocation he’ll be able to.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

People should just be better fans then, if they cant muster 100 points in 3 years you probably dont deserve one.

10 games over the last 3 seasons isnt much to ask is it?

Caveat of course for those abroad

I guess it comes down to circumstance, as you say. With the Covid attendance restrictions in reality you're looking at more like the last 2 years, or 18 months though - right?

In my situation I've been living and working abroad for two years. Bear in mind there were travel restrictions up until early 2022. I've been to probably 5/10 games since that time, but sometimes a mate or family member will get mine if they know I'm coming back. I pay to watch on ifollow every game I can't attend without fail, however. Do I really deserve to lose out to a season ticket holder's friend who hasn't been since Wembley 2018, or longer? In reality that's where most of the 'daytrippers' eating tickets will be coming from.

Cirumstances change, but a genuine fan is a genuine fan. Anyone that has been on the temporary seats at Newport away, or has been to Millwall on a Tuesday night to watch us get stuffed, or seen Russell Slade make mocking gestures at Wimbledon, should be there. CCFC means so much to so many people and I really hope those that would feel shit about not going can get themselves a ticket.

Ashdown

My phone flashed up session timed out and just when I started to panic put me into the seat choosing section and I bought our two seats. I think that most people who want to attend will find a way over the next week. Those ‘Other’ 18000 tickets that are not allocated usually find their way eventually into the hands of fans of the competing clubs.

lacesoutdom

I guess it comes down to circumstance, as you say. With the Covid attendance restrictions in reality you're looking at more like the last 2 years, or 18 months though - right?

In my situation I've been living and working abroad for two years. Bear in mind there were travel restrictions up until early 2022. I've been to probably 5/10 games since that time, but sometimes a mate or family member will get mine if they know I'm coming back. I pay to watch on ifollow every game I can't attend without fail, however. Do I really deserve to lose out to a season ticket holder's friend who hasn't been since Wembley 2018, or longer? In reality that's where most of the 'daytrippers' eating tickets will be coming from.

Cirumstances change, but a genuine fan is a genuine fan. Anyone that has been on the temporary seats at Newport away, or has been to Millwall on a Tuesday night to watch us get stuffed, or seen Russell Slade make mocking gestures at Wimbledon, should be there. CCFC means so much to so many people and I really hope those that would feel shit about not going can get themselves a ticket.
Couldnt agree more personally, financially, and with a young family, i cant justify a ST, but i had ST's at highfield rd, travelled to northampton, i traveled to watch them in birmingham, i've watched cov get thrumped by mansfield and yeovil and i treat my dad to days at the Ricoh/CBS when i can. i wish i could do 10 games, and if you see my account history, you can see i attend regularly. i hope hope i get my dad one on monday.

clint van damme

How many more times? People who have been to loads of games still don't have the points.

I'm surprised by some of the people I know who are struggling to get tickets.
I think people will be a lot more proactive in getting their own tickets in the future to get points.
I've clocked up a few points getting tickets for people whose only excuse to not get them themselves is because they can't be arsed.

clint van damme

Couldnt agree more personally, financially, and with a young family, i cant justify a ST, but i had ST's at highfield rd, travelled to northampton, i traveled to watch them in birmingham, i've watched cov get thrumped by mansfield and yeovil and i treat my dad to days at the Ricoh/CBS when i can. i wish i could do 10 games, and if you see my account history, you can see i attend regularly. i hope hope i get my dad one on monday.

We all want a successful club, unfortunately that comes with increased interest and increased demand for tickets and people miss out. The more successful we get, the more people will miss out.

Hopefully you get lucky on Monday.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the allocation of tickets this time is fairer, with ST then those with a fair number of points.

However, I'm wondering if maybe the loyalty points need to be extended to become more like a loyalty card for a supermarket and include things other than tickets, such as shirts and other merchandise?

It's still money into the club coffers. If someone buys two/three shirts a season for over £100 but can't make games, they've spent more money than a person going to a single game but got fewer points.

Hutch11

So do I mate

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the allocation of tickets this time is fairer, with ST then those with a fair number of points.

However, I'm wondering if maybe the loyalty points need to be extended to become more like a loyalty card for a supermarket and include things other than tickets, such as shirts and other merchandise?

It's still money into the club coffers. If someone buys two/three shirts a season for over £100 but can't make games, they've spent more money than a person going to a single game but got fewer points.
If you do it that way you may as well sell loyalty points

Boosh

Let’s be clear, the points are literally a system that proves how big a fan you are. Anyone with more points than me is a better fan and I’d admit that. Anyone with sub 500 shouldn’t even get a ticket I’d rather an empty seat

hill83

I'm surprised by some of the people I know who are struggling to get tickets.
I think people will be a lot more proactive in getting their own tickets in the future to get points.
I've clocked up a few points getting tickets for people whose only excuse to not get them themselves is because they can't be arsed.

I miss a few games a season because of work and I couldn’t even give my season ticket away for free a few weeks back.

North York’s Blue

I have no problem with the priority system and the way the tickets have been prioritised and allocated.

But the labelling of people as not being proper fans by some on here for not attending a certain number of games is pretty annoying.
We’re all fans at the end of the day. Some attend a lot more than others, we‘re all united in that we want City to win. PUSB

usskyblue

Let’s be clear, the points are literally a system that proves how big a fan you are. Anyone with more points than me is a better fan and I’d admit that. Anyone with sub 500 shouldn’t even get a ticket I’d rather an empty seat
pescador-pescadorcito.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If you do it that way you may as well sell loyalty points
I don't think so. I just think that there should be ways for fans who still support the club financially with other purchases to receive recognition for loyalty. £30 spent in the shop allows the club to buy exactly the same amount as £30 on a ticket.

I've stopped short of "£1 = 1 point", but there is an argument for it as it encourages and rewards people for all their purchases, as it potentially increases the spend per head up and thus turnover. If the club got F&B money, people might buy food/beer at the stadium instead of elsewhere if they got points as well. They might buy a shirt or programme they otherwise wouldn't have. Even people who use i-follow.

Saying someone who buys tickets deserves points because they're more of a fan isn't true. We all know of people who are there regularly that get to their seat 15mins late, fuck off at 30mins, come back at 60mins then leave after 70-odd. Also regulars who just seem to enjoy being negative and criticising certain players, while others are just there for the piss-up. I know people who go up regularly but don't even know who half of our players are. Perhaps Block Chino should get fewer points because they don't sing and add to the atmosphere as much as Singer's Corner? If we added questions about the club/team into the ticketing process like a bot catcher there are some regulars who'd be absolutely fucked.

The last paragraph is being a bit facetious and I know if we go up it's going to be chicken feed compared to TV money, but I just feel the system could be tweaked to be more inclusive.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think so. I just think that there should be ways for fans who still support the club financially with other purchases to receive recognition for loyalty. £30 spent in the shop allows the club to buy exactly the same amount as £30 on a ticket.

I've stopped short of "£1 = 1 point", but there is an argument for it as it encourages and rewards people for all their purchases, as it potentially increases the spend per head up and thus turnover. If the club got F&B money, people might buy food/beer at the stadium instead of elsewhere if they got points as well. They might buy a shirt or programme they otherwise wouldn't have. Even people who use i-follow.

Saying someone who buys tickets deserves points because they're more of a fan isn't true. We all know of people who are there regularly that get to their seat 15mins late, fuck off at 30mins, come back at 60mins then leave after 70-odd. Also regulars who just seem to enjoy being negative and criticising certain players, while others are just there for the piss-up. I know people who go up regularly but don't even know who half of our players are. Perhaps Block Chino should get fewer points because they don't sing and add to the atmosphere as much as Singer's Corner? If we added questions about the club/team into the ticketing process like a bot catcher there are some regulars who'd be absolutely fucked.

The last paragraph is being a bit facetious and I know if we go up it's going to be chicken feed compared to TV money, but I just feel the system could be tweaked to be more inclusive.

If it’s about money, again you could just sell the points directly

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think you take into account the other costs of attending games. Admittedly the money doesn’t go to the club, but it still leaves the bank account. Travel costs are not cheap. Lots of people travel long distances both to home and away games.

Anyone who did the recent Preston/ Wigan/ Blackburn away games will have spent a lot on fuel/ coach/train tickets and if they did travel by road faced horrendous M6 journeys home.

There is also the commitment of time and energy to get to games. I’ve spent about 14 hours on the road going to and from the recent Boro away games. I’m lucky, I’m retired so I have the time. My son, like quite a few I would think, got home very late on Wednesday (2:30 in our case) and had to be up for work again at 6am.

Somebody buying a shirt for £50 or whatever doesn’t make that same commitment in money, time, energy and sometimes inconvenience as those attending games. You also know what you are getting buying a product from the shop. When you buy that ticket for a game, will the experience be like the one at Boro on Wednesday night or like the one in the rain at Forest Green a few years ago? Quality isnt guaranteed.

I think the system needs to stay as it is.

duffer

I have no problem with the priority system and the way the tickets have been prioritised and allocated.

But the labelling of people as not being proper fans by some on here for not attending a certain number of games is pretty annoying.

Spot on. No real issue with how the club have allocated tickets, but there's plenty of reasons why "proper fans" don't necessarily accumulate loyalty points.

We don't need to go down the road of "who's a true fan?". It's divisive and unnecessary and ultimately pointless. If we weren't in some way attached to the club, presumably we wouldn't be wasting our time here!

skybluelee

I don’t think you take into account the other costs of attending games. Admittedly the money doesn’t go to the club, but it still leaves the bank account. Travel costs are not cheap. Lots of people travel long distances both to home and away games.

Anyone who did the recent Preston/ Wigan/ Blackburn away games will have spent a lot on fuel/ coach/train tickets and if they did travel by road faced horrendous M6 journeys home.

There is also the commitment of time and energy to get to games. I’ve spent about 14 hours on the road going to and from the recent Boro away games. I’m lucky, I’m retired so I have the time. My son, like quite a few I would think, got home very late on Wednesday (2:30 in our case) and had to be up for work again at 6am.

Somebody buying a shirt for £50 or whatever doesn’t make that same commitment in money, time, energy and sometimes inconvenience as those attending games. You also know what you are getting buying a product from the shop. When you buy that ticket for a game, will the experience be like the one at Boro on Wednesday night or like the one in the rain at Forest Green a few years ago? Quality isnt guaranteed.

I think the system needs to stay as it is.
Travel costs are the killer for most fans who live any sort of distance away.

I can only make 6 home games so sorry @Saddlebrains I’m not a real fan, but those games cost £450 alone in fuel. Add to that the 50 hours of travel time, ££90 parking, cost of tickets for me and my girls (£300-odd) and the minimum of £500 we spend in the club shop each year we do our bit.

I just hope that everyone who genuinely loves the club who wants a ticket is able to get one as this could be one of the most special days in our 140 year history.

Grendel

they’ve hardly contributed anything to the club - merchandise margins won’t be that high

Users who are viewing this thread