Film Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

I Dont pay attention to those sites. Only trust myself

Rotten Tomatoes used to be fairly accurate but it's gone a bit to shit these days. I usually gauge if it's any good by the audience score because the critics section tends to be spoiled by some critics more worried about politically correct nonsense than the actual film.

Marty

Just got back, really enjoyed it. Like Marty said, it's not Dark Knight trilogy, but I thought it was a good watch.

Only thing I wish, maybe it went on a bit more and showed more of the Jokers crimes.

Still missing about 20 years between now and escaping Arkham asylum and turning up to destroy Gotham, at least 2 more films in this, the next one's will be brutal hopefully and just absolute chaos.

covcity4life

Rotten Tomatoes used to be fairly accurate but it's gone a bit to shit these days. I usually gauge if it's any good by the audience score because the critics section tends to be spoiled by some critics more worried about politically correct nonsense than the actual film.
the fans are just as bad imo

especially on comic movies

batman vs superman is 1 of best comic movies ever but its darker and it rains so geeks cry that superman isnt smiling

CCFCSteve

Loved The Joker. It’s not a typical Batman film so if people expect that they will be disappointed.

Ultimately it’s about a loners struggles with mental illness. V dark. Great performance by Phoenix

Sky_Blue_Daz

Went to watch joker today , I really enjoyed it

However is bringing in a portion of fish and chips into the cinema acceptable a couple sat in front of me today and brought some in
The chips smelt lovely to be fair

ccfc92

Went to watch joker today , I really enjoyed it

However is bringing in a portion of fish and chips into the cinema acceptable a couple sat in front of me today and brought some in

I suppose it's no different to a hot dog etc...

Sky_Blue_Daz

I can understand people bringing their own sweets, crisps and drinks

fellatio_Martinez

That's completely out of order. Why should you have to smell some fuckers cod and chips? They should have been dragged out. The cinema isn't a private place where you can do as you desire.

It's almost as bad as the people who get their phones out during a film or feel the need to talk constantly.

Noisy eating at the cinema should be banned.

Fixed that.

Sky_Blue_Daz

That's completely out of order. Why should you have to smell some fuckers cod and chips? They should have been dragged out. The cinema isn't a private place where you can do as you desire.

It's almost as bad as the people who get their phones out during a film or feel the need to talk constantly.

Fixed that.
I enjoyed the film though , certainly open to a sequel

Marty

El Camino - 9/10 - Brilliant, carries on from the series really well, some characters are visible older and have gained a lot of weight (Todd), and Jesse looks awfully good for a man who has spent the last year tied up in a cell.

Sky_Blue_Daz

El Camino - 9/10 - Brilliant, carries on from the series really well, some characters are visible older and have gained a lot of weight (Todd), and Jesse looks awfully good for a man who has spent the last year tied up in a cell.
Gonna watch this later , will watch the last 2 episodes of series 5 as reminder

I tried to watch the entire series again prior the film coming out but only got to the start of series 4

Otis

Was going to put this on the TV thread, but yes, it's a full length movie in its own right.

Half way through.

Brilliant.

Gazolba

Just re-watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy" from 1980.
Hilarious film which at the same time makes you think about our material world.
Gods-Crazy.jpg

Otis

Erm.....anyone watched Fractured on Netflix? New film starring Sam Worthington.

Would appreciate someone putting my mind at ease, because I am not the smartest at the best of times.

Reviews are saying there are hints after the first 30-40 mins as to the possible ending.
Thing is, I guessed right from within the first 2 minutes. No-one else has come out and said the same that I can see.

No idea how I worked it out, but then no-one else did. I can't see how I gained several degrees of intelligence all of a sudden.

All seemed so very obvious to me.

I hate being clever.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Jeez! Am I the only one who thought this was a pile of shite? All the flashbacks, not really any story line. Jesse looked lost without Walter. really disappointed. Kept watching, waiting for something to happen. Then it just bloody ended. My rating 2/10.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Erm.....anyone watched Fractured on Netflix? New film starring Sam Worthington.

Would appreciate someone putting my mind at ease, because I am not the smartest at the best of times.

Reviews are saying there are hints after the first 30-40 mins as to the possible ending.
Thing is, I guessed right from within the first 2 minutes. No-one else has come out and said the same that I can see.

No idea how I worked it out, but then no-one else did. I can't see how I gained several degrees of intelligence all of a sudden.

All seemed so very obvious to me.

I hate being clever.
Seen the trailers on Netflix but haven't watched it yet. Looks good. Mind you, so did the El Camino trailers!

fellatio_Martinez

Saw The Joker tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. Everything was perfect. The direction was gritty and dark, the settings looked genuinely like New York (Gotham) in the late 70s, the music was perfect and of course Joaquin Phoenix did what everyone thought was impossible and topper Heath Ledger's Joker which now looks a bit silly compared to what Phoenix brought to the role. As ccfctommy said, it's very much got The King Of Comedy running through it and Taxi Driver too but it's not as if it doesn't proudly show off those influences.

9.5/10

El Camino

I think they should have made a 10 part one off season out of this. It didn't have a particularly movie like quality to it. It felt more like two episodes tagged together. I think there was definitely room to explore more of Jessie's initial escape.

I loved it though.
The flashbacks with Todd the lovable psychopath were great and when Walt appeared I felt a rush of sentimentality run through me.
They treated the flashbacks with class and didn't overly dramatise anything.

There was some comic relief that I also wasn't expecting but it was welcome. All in all I think it was a nice well rounded ending.

8.5/10

Next we need a Skinny Pete & Badger spin off.

ccfc92

Jeez! Am I the only one who thought this was a pile of shite? All the flashbacks, not really any story line. Jesse looked lost without Walter. really disappointed. Kept watching, waiting for something to happen. Then it just bloody ended. My rating 2/10.

I'm with you on this, I did like it, but not much actually happened, so I was left quite disappointed.

They should have done a mini series IMO.

Nick

Administrator
El Camino bored me, think I had a nap.

I turned Fractured off after about 5 minutes because again it was really boring.

Nick

Administrator
There was one called Once upon a time in London or something set just before the Krays which was your typical type film which was quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread