Film Thread 2017 (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

logan is a brilliant film even if you dont like comic movies 8.5/10

Saw Logan at the weekend, Interesting for sure. whilst I thought it was good I felt it tried a bit hard to push the R-rated down your throat for the first half. i mean i am glad that a film about a bloke with claws actually showed him using them i didn't really get all the swearing. didn't fit in with the characters we know, felt a bit odd to me, im not a prude in any way, just felt a bit forced.

Thought the girl, steven merchant and Prof X were all brilliant

7.5/10

covcity4life

merchant wa sjust merchant. he didnt act lol

i think the swearing worked well. logan has always swore in comics and even in films and cameos but for prof x it was more about how old he was and mentally not quite all there anymore.

and the action reminded me of the raid films

vow

logan is a brilliant film even if you dont like comic movies 8.5/10
hmmm, not sure about Wolverine, Logan and that one in Japan too, don't get me wrong I do love a good comic-book-scifi movie, but think they are milikng the whole Wolverine side of it too much. Too many Jackman movies!
Haven't seen Logan yet though.

Captain Dart

This might be worth a look..

vow

Rogue One, confused to begin with as I thought it was a follow on movie, ha. However as a stand alone/side story film it stood up. 8/10

Marty

Guardians of the galaxy 2. 9/10. Excellent film. Rare occasion where the sequel is far superior to the original.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm still waiting for Bambi 2 - The Revenge of Thumper.

vow

Hacksaw Ridge - 8.5/10 unfortunately this was hyped up by my in-laws far too much, so watching it I thought it was great but not "the best movie you'll ever see, m8"

Logan - 8.5/10 Excellent

vow

Get Out - 5.5/10 Average movie, we didn't overly enjoy it, some of the acting/script was poor.

vow

Alien: Covenant 7/10 As a sequel to a prequel it was ok, didn't wow us, but a decent movie all the same.

Alkhen

Alien: Covenant 7/10 As a sequel to a prequel it was ok, didn't wow us, but a decent movie all the same.

I really hated it, thought it was really weak. I think i'm clouded by the first 2 movies but why do they continue to dilute the legacy with these sub par offerings.

covcity4life

passengers 8/10 - bad reviews due to it not being the film trailers say it is but its still good and creative imo
get out - weird as fook,worth watching

Marty

Atomic Blonde, 7/10 enjoyed it, get to see Charlize Theron have a bit of lesbian fun which was worth the entry price alone.

Covstu

Dunkirk was excellent, really thought provoking. Highly recommended, not one you would say you 'enjoyed' given how tragic it was but it was well written.

I watched King Arthur last night, I thought it was quite poor and didn't realise David Beckham was in it!!

Adge

Bit disappointed with Dunkirk really the way it was split. War for the Planet of the apes was decent.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The hitmans bodyguard 7/10 there is a major shoot out which is supposed to be in Coventry but it doesn't look anything like the Coventry I know
Coventry doesn't look anything like the Coventry I know! I remember it as it was in the 1950's and 60's! :emoji_grin:

vow

The Gift - 7.5/10
Psychological thriller that's v clever. Edge of the seat stuff at times too.

Users who are viewing this thread