Film Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

Went to see ABFAB with missus which was ABSHITE - just a question of celeb spotting - when we will they realise that 30 min shows can't be made into a movie

have downloaded Deadpool ( not the Clint Eastwood one) just have'nt had the time to watch it - should be funnier than ABSHITE i hear

Nick

Administrator
Yes Nick that's the one
What did you think ?
The French guy got himself into a very dodgy situation
I didnt watch it all the way through, fell asleep :)

Plus the thing they did where they had him say something, but the reconstruction bloke mouth it annoyed me! :)

vow

10 Cloverfield Lane -

A solid 7 until the last 10 mins then it goes down to a 6.5

Nick

Administrator
Watched the imitation game last night on Channel 4, was actually really good. Never really tickled my fancy before!

Also late to the party with woman in black, wasn't expecting the ending :)

vow

Watched the imitation game last night on Channel 4, was actually really good. Never really tickled my fancy before!

Also late to the party with woman in black, wasn't expecting the ending :)
Imitation Game is v good indeed 7/10 from me.

vow

The Revenant, good storyline, acting, scenery is just stunning in parts.
Basically, Di Caprio needs to try and survive to gain vengeance. 7.5-8/10 :D

Otis

I loved the Imitation Game. Thought it was a great movie and really thought provoking and deeply moving.

One of the best films I have seen in a while I would say. :)

Pipehitterz

10 Cloverfield Lane -

A solid 7 until the last 10 mins then it goes down to a 6.5
I get what you're saying.
Although I disagree.
I thought it was 'playful ' and very tongue in cheek.
Like you really really didn't know what would happen when she got out ,
I thought any other ending would've been either a cop out or boring
Clever movie all the same despite the marmite ending

Reactions: vow

SkyBlueScottie

Of the films I can remember mentioned previously in the thread, Capt America, excellent, took me a while to get around to these having been scared by previous Capt America films. Batty v Supes, awful, so so boring. Cavill is horrendous, Affleck decent as Batman, look forward to him in a stand alone Batman film.

Imitation game, superb film, Cumberbatch is excellent. Philomena, very touching story. 10 Cloverfield Lane, irritated me, turned off after 20 minutes, he could have easily given her a bit more information when she asked whats wrong / whats gone on.

Eye in the Sky, very clever, and showed what types of decisions people have to make while at war. The Revenant, a vehicle designed to get Di Caprio an Oscar, however a very worthy watch, although some look down on him Di Caprio is an excellent actor.

Marty

Jason Bourne, Enjoyed it very much 7/10
Independence day, Poor sequel, 5/10
The Purge Election Year, Not much too say, you know what you're getting with those sorts of films 5/10
A Hologram for the King, Don't waste your time watching. 3/10 Somehow it manages to get 6+ reviews on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

Pipehitterz

Jason Bourne, Enjoyed it very much 7/10
Independence day, Poor sequel, 5/10
The Purge Election Year, Not much too say, you know what you're getting with those sorts of films 5/10
A Hologram for the King, Don't waste your time watching. 3/10 Somehow it manages to get 6+ reviews on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.
anything low 6 on IMDB is always a solid 3 in real life
shame as i love tom hanks

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

anything low 6 on IMDB is always a solid 3 in real life
shame as i love tom hanks

I know what you mean, but I find some of the high 5/low 6 ratings on IMDB are sometimes quite good. Films with nice scenery and a story based in Texas for example. Quite simple for some, but I find them really pleasant to watch taking in new environments.

That made sense in my head at least :)

Pipehitterz

Doing suicide squad friday but heard bad things from reviews.
With jai Courtney and Will Smith in your film, you know you're looking at a dud .
I'll still go tho as I'm certified geek.

Bfg last night, 7/10 . Was quite magical , but not for everyone.
Gets let down badly in final act

Marty

River, starts off slowly but builds up great, quite a few things I didn't expect as well. 8/10

Marty

Doing suicide squad friday but heard bad things from reviews.
With jai Courtney and Will Smith in your film, you know you're looking at a dud .
I'll still go tho as I'm certified geek.

Bfg last night, 7/10 . Was quite magical , but not for everyone.
Gets let down badly in final act

I'm going to Suicide Squad Friday too. Seen the trailer while watching Bourne and thought it looked really good.

Pipehitterz

Okay I watched it

Suicide squad 5/10
Not shit but not great
Joker should be amazing but is under used
Story was written on a crisp packet add is the same story as avengers , tmnt , ghostbusters etc

Cara devigne or whoever she is totally ruins the movie

Only good thing is will Smith. His character is as interesting as a glass of water , but he fleshes it out with expertise

What a waste of time , honestly so disappointed , by half way through I was bored shitless and honestly, I could have left after an hour and still told you exactly what happened for the second hour.

It sucks, don't let anyone tell you different

Marty

Suicide Squad 6/10
I didn't think it was too bad. could have been some interesting characters with a little more thought, the whole thing was a little underwhelming really with it obviously setting more space for sequels.

Plenty of one liners in the film that didn't even raise a smile with the audience, mainly coming from Harley, she just didn't put it across well at all.

That Cara bird, who ever said she could act wants their head looking at. She was awful.

Pipehitterz

Jason bourne 6.5/10 should have left it alone. Piss poor story line that felt like one Long fight scene.
Not a patch on the first 3 , but still eye candy entertainment .

Independence day 2 - 2/10 terrible

Otis

So, who is going to watch David Brent - Life on the Road? Out next week.

As with many of Gervias' ventures this has received mixed reviews.

Guardian only giving it two stars and the Telegraph really praising it highly.

Guess it was always going to divide opinion.

From what I can gather critics are either really liking it, or not liking it at all, with very little middle ground. Maybe that is a good thing if you are a fan.

Certainly something I would like to see for sure.

Pipehitterz

So, who is going to watch David Brent - Life on the Road? Out next week.

As with many of Gervias' ventures this has received mixed reviews.

Guardian only giving it two stars and the Telegraph really praising it highly.

Guess it was always going to divide opinion.

From what I can gather critics are either really liking it, or not liking it at all, with very little middle ground. Maybe that is a good thing if you are a fan.

Certainly something I would like to see for sure.
deffo how gervais is
i have friends that hate the office, where i put it above alan partridge

i willl watch it, but i dont think ill do it at the cinema

Pipehitterz

Elvis and Nixon 8/10 totally different movie, very much like frost vs Nixon but with humour.
The acting is very very good, worth a watch , and apparently very close to the truth

Marty

Money Monster, Quite enjoyed it, well acted by all involved. 7/10

Pipehitterz

Legend of Tarzan 1/10 total shit, I mean totally totally shit. Incoherent mess with terrible CGI and almost no story
Acting is atrocious too

Users who are viewing this thread