Fifth Round... / Brighton Ticket Details (2 Viewers)

Tommo72

I'm not going to lose any sleep about people who want to go to high profile away games but can't be bothered to watch us play league 2 football at home.

I go to more away games than home games, always have. For every 5 home games I go to I will do ten away....I just prefer the experience generally.

Tommo72

No, you still need a season ticket but sesason ticket holders with away games get priority offer over st holders without any.

Fair enough isn't it?

It is yes. I think the point is that if you have a season ticket but don’t travel away like many then you are way down the list....

pastythegreat

I'm not going to lose any sleep about people who want to go to high profile away games but can't be bothered to watch us play league 2 football at home.
In the same way I'm not going to lose any sleep over people who choose to just do high profile away games that fail to get tickets to said game as they sold out to ST holders!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It is yes. I think the point is that if you have a season ticket but don’t travel away like many then you are way down the list....
But still not below non st holders that go away. You are below other st holders that go away.

It doesn't get round buying a normal season ticket, which was my point

Last edited:

North York’s Blue

Agree, same on the social media stuff I gave up my ST this season and I fully know/don’t expect any priority, I know despite all my previous loyalty I now fall into the same category for getting tickets as one of those fans that goes once in a blue moon.

I did exactly the same, disappointed that I didn’t get a ticket today but just one of those things.

CharlesMore

At the end of the nineties and into the mid noughties the club introduced a fair away ticket scheme with one ticket per person until general sale. This came around after the debacle around the sale of tickets for the Everton away cup game.

To have an away match card (which was initally stamped but as computers grew you had a card that was swiped) you had to be a season ticket holder.

The away match card cost a nominal £1.

For each away game attended you were awarded one stamp.

To ensure regular travellers got a ticket the terms of sale were for the first few games of a season based on the previous seasons "stamps" and as a season progressed it would reach a point where on a given day season tickets with ten stamps,next day eight,then six,etc could purchase tickets in a priority period,until it reached just season ticket holders with no away match card or stamp, then it would go to members and finally general sale.

Everyone knew where they stood. The more stamps you had, the less need to panic about getting a ticket.

It could be implemented now as all of your purchasing history is logged.

It would more than likely fall down though as I'm sure our lovely, caring and respectful owners would have to cough up a premium to implement it!

letsallsingtogether

I would say that a lot of season ticket holders didn't get tickets today.
Why do ST holders get 2 tickets and not 1?
The extra 1 will be for a non season ticket holder surely ?
Tbf who the fuck wants to go on their own, especially all that way.

Grendel

I go to more away games than home games, always have. For every 5 home games I go to I will do ten away....I just prefer the experience generally.

Then you contribute less to the club’s budget so deserve less reward.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Both of them still give priority to season ticket holders. Stop being wrong and still trying to argue

No Nick, check your facts, they give priority to Season Ticket holders THAT GO TO AWAY GAMES. Then it’s members THAT GO TO AWAY GAMES. What’s so hard for your soft head to understand about that? Eunuch.

Nick

Administrator
No Nick, check your facts, they give priority to Season Ticket holders THAT GO TO AWAY GAMES. Then it’s members THAT GO TO AWAY GAMES. What’s so hard for your soft head to understand about that? Eunuch.

Yes which is what I've been saying. A ST holder who goes to 0 away games still gets priority over a non st holder who has been to a few.

Hence the references to the way Brighton do it:

What happens if we have a very popular away match, how will tickets be sold? Tickets will be sold according to a supporter’s status and their points total. STHs will always receive top priority.

Please see an example below:
1. STH with 150+ points
2. STHs with 60+ points
3. All STHs
4. Bronze/YS+ members with 250+ points
5. Bronze/YS+ members with 100+ points
6. All Bronze/YS+ members

So season ticket holders with more away / cup games or have had them for more seasons get priority.

No, you still need a season ticket but sesason ticket holders with away games get priority offer over st holders without any.

The discussion was about season ticket holders who have been to no away games compared to non st holders who go to every one.

I think there’s something in it especially when you look past Season ticket holders.....i.e you can be a member and pay the fee but not necessarily go to a game until something big comes along? Some people aren’t interested in memebership but might go to every away game but then don’t have a big stake when it comes to ticket distribution....

However, in my opinion that doesn’t make them any more loyal than someone that travels up and down the country and spends far more money on watching the boys away....in fact in some ways that makes them more loyal surely?

Maybe learn to read and process what's being discussed? Is that too hard for your soft head to understand?

You also have the gaul to call others gimps, oh dear. Not the first time you give it loads when you clearly haven't got a clue. Stick to the basics first, walk before you can run. Have some Biff, Chip and Kipper books if you want them?

letsallsingtogether

Some people watch Cov at home but never or rarely travel.....if they buy a season ticket then yes they make a solid financial contribution to the club.

However, in my opinion that doesn’t make them any more loyal than someone that travels up and down the country and spends far more money on watching the boys away....in fact in some ways that makes them more loyal surely?

I dunno maybe I’m thinking too much lol
Well we have 2 season tickets have been to most away games and were still unable to get a ticket.

Grendel

Without season tickets this club wouldn’t exist you clown. You should be grateful not whine like a bitch.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Without season tickets this club wouldn’t exist you clown. You should be grateful not whine like a bitch.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be season ticket holders, I’m saying that it’s ridiculous that posters like you and soft lad say that there shouldn’t be any form of a points system for away games and just ST holders should be priority. You’re right lad, won’t moan, don’t want to sound like a miserable little nonce like you!

Nick

Administrator
I’m not saying there shouldn’t be season ticket holders, I’m saying that it’s ridiculous that posters like you and soft lad say that there shouldn’t be any form of a points system for away games and just ST holders should be priority. You’re right lad, won’t moan, don’t want to sound like a miserable little nonce like you!

Where have I said just ST holders? The discussion has been about non ST holders who have been to more away games than ST holders.

Which ones prioritise them over ST holders though?

Are you a WUM or just a typical thick mouth breather? I can't figure it out.

Still waiting for you to name a club where non ST holders get priority over ST holders for things. Which is what the discussion was.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yes which is what I've been saying. A ST holder who goes to 0 away games still gets priority over a non st holder who has been to a few.

Hence the references to the way Brighton do it:

The discussion was about season ticket holders who have been to no away games compared to non st holders who go to every one.

Maybe learn to read and process what's being discussed? Is that too hard for your soft head to understand?

You also have the gaul to call others gimps, oh dear. Not the first time you give it loads when you clearly haven't got a clue. Stick to the basics first, walk before you can run. Have some Biff, Chip and Kipper books if you want them?

Oh Nick all mighty, how I must bow down to your infinite football knowledge!! How can I dare question someone that said ticket prices had no impact on attendances! :emoji_sweat_smile:

You know exactly what you were getting at. Effectively saying there should be no consideration for fans away attendances and that every club just awards tickets on having a ST. Stop being a shithouse. Every decent club looks at the amount of away points fans have got, when allocating tickets. Argue it any way you want...Today’s Tuesday, how can you argue that one Nick??

Nick

Administrator
Oh Nick all mighty, how I must bow down to your infinite football knowledge!! How can I dare question someone that said ticket prices had no impact on attendances! :emoji_sweat_smile:

You know exactly what you were getting at. Effectively saying there should be no consideration for fans away attendances and that every club just awards tickets on having a ST. Stop being a shithouse. Every decent club looks at the amount of away points fans have got, when allocating tickets. Argue it any way you want...Today’s Tuesday, how can you argue that one Nick??

What are you on about you thick twat?

Who gives priority to non season ticket holders who have been to away games over st holders who have done none?

Are you still struggling to read? Is it sisu fault you can't grasp what's being said?

jas365

At the end of the nineties and into the mid noughties the club introduced a fair away ticket scheme with one ticket per person until general sale. This came around after the debacle around the sale of tickets for the Everton away cup game.

To have an away match card (which was initally stamped but as computers grew you had a card that was swiped) you had to be a season ticket holder.

The away match card cost a nominal £1.

For each away game attended you were awarded one stamp.

To ensure regular travellers got a ticket the terms of sale were for the first few games of a season based on the previous seasons "stamps" and as a season progressed it would reach a point where on a given day season tickets with ten stamps,next day eight,then six,etc could purchase tickets in a priority period,until it reached just season ticket holders with no away match card or stamp, then it would go to members and finally general sale.

Everyone knew where they stood. The more stamps you had, the less need to panic about getting a ticket.

It could be implemented now as all of your purchasing history is logged.

It would more than likely fall down though as I'm sure our lovely, caring and respectful owners would have to cough up a premium to implement it!

This was the best system the club ever had, they also introduced the away season ticket which i had every season until the move to sixfields.

With the facility (or lack of) we have now there's no chance of this being brought back, or anything remotely similar unfortunately.

Tommo72

Who gives priority to non season ticket holders who have been to away games over st holders who have done none?

Are you still struggling to read? Is it sisu fault you can't grasp what's being said?

Several clubs award Away Season ticket holders priority over ST holders...

Covstu

Interesting debate, well whilst it was civilised! The club throughout this process have made one thing clear, get a ST and you will be looked after. The money goes into the club whereas away we get nowt.

Although I agree ST holders with away games should get a priority, I doubt anyone considered we would get this far!

lifelongcityfan

one tip for anyone going by train..go on trainline and get your Cov to euston tickets seperate from London to brighton....quite a saving especially if you are ok getting the slower service to london. I manged to get a return ( fast train, return any time) for 48 pds doing it this way, including underground.

Covstu

one tip for anyone going by train..go on trainline and get your Cov to euston tickets seperate from London to brighton....quite a saving especially if you are ok getting the slower service to london. I manged to get a return ( fast train, return any time) for 48 pds doing it this way, including underground.
What did it cost you?

SkyBlueGuy

This is a bit unfair. I live in SE London and the travel to and from home games is just not viable along with work commitments etc. I do go to any game that I can, when ever I can. I've been to every away game anywhere near me that I can: Gillingham on freezing Tuesday nights (what an awful stand BTW!), Charlton, Millwall, westWHam, Crystal Palace, Torquay, Exeter (folks live in Devon), Tottenham, Arsenal and the Checkatrade trophy Final. I go to any home game I can get to, which isn't a lot. But I resent the idea that just because I don't have a season ticket I'm in some way not a true sky blue.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Your frequent argument that the ticket prices are fine and lowering them won’t get any more people up there, was what I was getting at.

Who gives priority?...A club that regularly sells out at away games and is dealing with small allocations Nick. Take Leeds, for games with small allocations, like Sheffield Utd Away. This is from their website:

Away Tracker System

Any games with a low allocation will be allocated by our away attendance tracker system.
Approximately 4 weeks before the fixture, Ticket Services will make an announcement via www.leedsunited.com confirming the deadline dates to apply and all details including the number of away games that fans must have attended in order to qualify to apply for a ticket. Tickets for these games will be allocated to those fans who have attended the most away games irrespective of Membership package.

I’m not saying ST shouldn’t get anything, I’m saying we need to bring in an away points system to make sure away tickets are fairly distributed to those that do actually travel to away games.

Clearly your all-knowing, encyclopaedic knowledge of football overrules all though Nick. You fat fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread