Fifa 22 (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Fair play to them. Initial thoughts are it's absolutely class. Played Luton v Cov on world class difficulty last night as my first game and immediately noticed how the players forward movement is much more realistic. Dabo and Maatsen will stick to the wings and Gustavo Hamer controls exactly how you would expect him to. Pinging balls about for fun and running with that hunched style. Won 4-2 with a Gyokeres hattrick. Got to back it tonight now haven't I?

Really think they've progressed the gameplay well this year compared to the last few editions.

AOM

The gameplay on next gen this year does look a lot better. Especially as they've gone for the slower more realistic approach.

Shame it's so difficult getting hold of a PS5 at the moment!

Frostie

Fair play to them. Initial thoughts are it's absolutely class. Played Luton v Cov on world class difficulty last night as my first game and immediately noticed how the players forward movement is much more realistic. Dabo and Maatsen will stick to the wings and Gustavo Hamer controls exactly how you would expect him to. Pinging balls about for fun and running with that hunched style. Won 4-2 with a Gyokeres hattrick. Got to back it tonight now haven't I?

Really think they've progressed the gameplay well this year compared to the last few editions.

Good to hear. Not had chance to play much yet but keep hearing good things about the pace of the game being better etc.

Got to say it looks impressive on PS5 too (if you excuse the shitty phone camera shots):

DSC_0822.JPG
DSC_0823.JPG
DSC_0821.JPG

Joy Division

Is it worth getting on PS4 or is it heavily weighted towards PS5?

Frostie

Lots of nice bells & whistles basically.

Not played on PS4 this year but I'd say if it doesn't have the hypermotion then it will be quite a significant downgrade, this is what really makes the game feel a lot more authentic this year.

AOM

Lots of nice bells & whistles basically.

Not played on PS4 this year but I'd say if it doesn't have the hypermotion then it will be quite a significant downgrade, this is what really makes the game feel a lot more authentic this year.

I've heard the gameplay for the old gen version is an improvement, and includes the new goalkeeper animations and overall slower football.
Agree though, and the hypermotion animations is the big difference that makes it much more realistic. Looks really nice.

Given up on getting a PS5 though, so think I'm going to give the PS4 version a try and hope for the best

Tea & Busquets

been playing on ps4. goalkeepers needs a slight nerf, they’re saving absolutely anything. tackling also needs a nerf and bug fixes, too op. sprinting has been heavily nerfed and skill moves need a buff, they’re unusable this year. overall it’s a more realistic game but there are some changes that could and should be made. also get our fucking ratings right morons!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I've heard the gameplay for the old gen version is an improvement, and includes the new goalkeeper animations and overall slower football.
Agree though, and the hypermotion animations is the big difference that makes it much more realistic. Looks really nice.

Given up on getting a PS5 though, so think I'm going to give the PS4 version a try and hope for the best
Try going to Game, and asking about them as they get a waiting list for future shipments and the lists are only as long as the amount delivered from the recent deliveries

Reactions: AOM

PUSB-We_are_going_up

been playing on ps4. goalkeepers needs a slight nerf, they’re saving absolutely anything. tackling also needs a nerf and bug fixes, too op. sprinting has been heavily nerfed and skill moves need a buff, they’re unusable this year. overall it’s a more realistic game but there are some changes that could and should be made. also get our fucking ratings right morons!
Cov ratings
Skill moves
Goalkeeping
All need fixing imo
But I havent found Tackling any different, whether thats because Ive always played by building from the back and been better at defending than most but not as great in attack

AOM

Would you say it's worth getting on current gen then? Compared to 21?

ajsccfc

On TV I'm sure he is, but on this he's reading lines like a kid in the school play. The commentary has never been amazing with these games but it really stands out this time

Evo1883

The gameplay on ps5 is considerably slower than any fifa I've played recently

covcity4life

Hmmm when Pes had slower play FIFA fans would say it slow and boring. When FIFA goes slow it's great and realistic.

Video game tribalism lol

ajsccfc

I'd always change the general match speed to slow so they're catering more to me than ever. PES control scheme every time too, which means the haptic feedback on the sprint button is lost on me as I make that the fancy shot button instead.

I like that they've added this for more than just the 10 clubs they put real effort into

hRddNVJ.png

Alkhen

I'd always change the general match speed to slow so they're catering more to me than ever. PES control scheme every time too, which means the haptic feedback on the sprint button is lost on me as I make that the fancy shot button instead.

I like that they've added this for more than just the 10 clubs they put real effort into

hRddNVJ.png

I caved in and brought FIFA this year due to Konamis horror show.

Although it is deffinitly better than previous years there is still just so much lazy half assed effort from EA on show. still feels a bit clumbsy and unresponsive to me.

Above picture actually sums up a side of FIFA I hate, like what the feck is that supposed to be hanging from the stand? when would any fans in the championship hang up a huge cutout of a Rightback?. just not realistic . its just way OOT set dressing to make up for the lack of actual detail.

They have the liceneces and put in the minimum effort with anyone below the top leagues. Just lucky Cov are the Championship as anyone below still doesnt even have a goalkeeper shirt. Wish they would have more editing options as some of the generic player models are crap.

I have it on PS5 and although it looks decent zoomed in and paused it all feels a bit smooth and undetailed when playing. deffo not amazing next gen graphics.

The shame is I fear EA will get even more lax and lazy with their yearly itterations. their only competiotion has seemingly given up the ghost, With millions of people happy to drop £60 for so little I fear for the future of football games

Last edited:

Evo1883

Although it is deffinitly better than previous years there is still just so much lazy half assed effort from EA on show. still feels a bit clumbsy and unresponsive to me.

Above picture actually sums up a side of FIFA I hate, like what the feck is that supposed to be hanging from the stand? when would any fans in the championship hang up a huge cutout of a Rightback?. just not realistic . its just way OOT set dressing to make up for the lack of actual detail.

They have the liceneces and put in the minimum effort with anyone below the top leagues. Just lucky Cov are the Championship as anyone below still doesnt even have a goalkeeper shirt. Wish they would have more editing options as some of the generic player models are crap.

I have it on PS5 and although it looks decent zoomed in and paused it all feels a bit smooth and undetailed when playing. deffo not amazing next gen graphics.

The shame is I fear EA will get even more lax and lazy with their yearly itterations. their only competiotion has seemingly given up the ghost, With millions of people happy to drop £60 for so little I fear for the future of football games
2015-0927-brondby-if-tifojpg.jpg
4519C0EB00000578-4956154-Referred_to_as_The_Smurfs_Genk_fans_used_the_nickname_as_inspira-a-10...jpg

Alkhen

I'm fine if people want to add it to FUT or whatever but kind of sucks when you are playing against Hull in a championship season match. Cov fans are going off like flare waving Galatasaray ultras under a 50ft Dabo mural

ajsccfc

I got a Hyam one more recently too, which just emphasises how generic his model looks. I think it was Hyam at least

Evo1883

Got to be honest, not feeling the game at all .

Feel like I defend , but the ball constantly bounces back to my opponent

Liquid Gold

All the modes are boring and they put minimal effort into them. Like players on loan in lower leagues are just on contract now if you play career mode. If you play a player career nobody puts an offer in for you unless you put in a transfer request.

FUT is all they care about because idiots pay loads on top of their £60 for the game for imaginary cards. Then that isn't even fun because they script it to fuck to ensure people keep coming back.

I've got 17 and play it occasionally but won't buy another until they sort it out. It's the same with Madden which EA do and basically update the rosters each year.

Sky Blue Pete

All the modes are boring and they put minimal effort into them. Like players on loan in lower leagues are just on contract now if you play career mode. If you play a player career nobody puts an offer in for you unless you put in a transfer request.

FUT is all they care about because idiots pay loads on top of their £60 for the game for imaginary cards. Then that isn't even fun because they script it to fuck to ensure people keep coming back.

I've got 17 and play it occasionally but won't buy another until they sort it out. It's the same with Madden which EA do and basically update the rosters each year.
Um really?

ajsccfc

Clarke-Salter is on a season loan in career mode whereas Maatsen is just a Cov player in the last year of his contract. Nice that you can just offer him a long deal without having to give Chelsea a penny but it's the kind of thing that doesn't even need that much attention to get right first time

Frostie

Clarke-Salter is on a season loan in career mode whereas Maatsen is just a Cov player in the last year of his contract. Nice that you can just offer him a long deal without having to give Chelsea a penny but it's the kind of thing that doesn't even need that much attention to get right first time

This isn't actually attention to detail, it's by design because of Chelsea's ridiculous amount of players they have out on loan. The game can only handle a certain squad size & all those players returning from loan simultaneously would cause major issues so they select a few to be on permanent transfers instead to ensure the game doesn't crash.

Users who are viewing this thread