Fifa 12 (1 Viewer)

n1xon

i download the fifa 12 demo on xbox. was just wondering if any of you guys have got round to it yet. and what are your thoughts on the new way to tackle? myself i feel it going to take some getting used to but i thing it will make things more intresting in the long run.

Nick

Administrator
I downloaded it last night. I don't think there is much different but I hadn't played Fifa 11 for a while so enjoyed it.

I like how you can pull shirts though, also noticed a few new player in game animations too.

I started to download it last night, but after half an hour of xbox action it had only downloaded 65%. Is it just me or does the xbox take ages to download things?

fellatio_Martinez

I started to download it last night, but after half an hour of xbox action it had only downloaded 65%. Is it just me or does the xbox take ages to download things?

Must be your internet speed.

I downloaded it yesterday off Xbox Live in 5 minutes.

Coventry La La La

Have they brought in any new features like diving or handballs etc?

I don't understand why people want features like this, how annoying would it be to concede penalties/freekicks for hand balls when you can't control you're players arm/hand movements? Also diving is one of the worst things about football so no need to have it in the game.

My internet is fine on the comp, but the xbox is real slow. It must be the xbox wireless receiver is poor. Can't wait to give it a whirl tonight as the OH is going out leaving me with the baby and the xbox.

Coventry La La La

My internet is fine on the comp, but the xbox is real slow. It must be the xbox wireless receiver is poor. Can't wait to give it a whirl tonight as the OH is going out leaving me with the baby and the xbox.

if you are using wireless, then the distance from the router will affect the speed.
if you were using more than one device at the same time, the speed will be reduced.

Could also be your ISP....

Is you're wireless router an N router? and which wireless reciever have you got on the back of you're xbox the wireless G (white adapter) or the wireless N (black adapter)

Marty

Have they brought in any new features like diving or handballs etc?

handballs are already in the current version, but it's buggy as hell which is why it's turned off as standard. Diving would be fun, it was in This Is Football and they actually done a very good job of it, it's funny doing it to someone in the same room as you as they go crazy, but on xbox live it would just be just really annoying.

n1xon

i wouldnt mind diving being in it as long as now and then u get caught out and get a card. online u will get the player that would always attempt to dive and end up getting there players sent off. im in the same boat as u tonight rich the mrs is off to cinema with her mates so will tie my little girl up and do some button bashing getting my pratice in ready to kick sum ass on live on the 30th!

on a side note is it fater to have a wired connection on my xbox because my xbox sits right next to it anyway not that its slow was just wondering?

if you are using wireless, then the distance from the router will affect the speed.
if you were using more than one device at the same time, the speed will be reduced.

Could also be your ISP....

Is you're wireless router an N router? and which wireless reciever have you got on the back of you're xbox the wireless G (white adapter) or the wireless N (black adapter)

I got a white receiver and Sky router. My computer is fast as lightening (same room as router) Xbox is slow (upstairs)

Marty

If you get some tin foil and put it behind the antenia pointing the way of the xbox it gives a better connection.

Coventry La La La

i wouldnt mind diving being in it as long as now and then u get caught out and get a card. online u will get the player that would always attempt to dive and end up getting there players sent off. im in the same boat as u tonight rich the mrs is off to cinema with her mates so will tie my little girl up and do some button bashing getting my pratice in ready to kick sum ass on live on the 30th!

on a side note is it fater to have a wired connection on my xbox because my xbox sits right next to it anyway not that its slow was just wondering?

Wired connection is always better then wireless.

Coventry La La La

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I don't understand why people want features like this, how annoying would it be to concede penalties/freekicks for hand balls when you can't control you're players arm/hand movements? Also diving is one of the worst things about football so no need to have it in the game.

You can turn handballs on and off in fifa 11. I have it turned on and you learn to place your players the right distance for crosses so that you don't concede a handball. I like having it because I was getting pissed off with crosses being blocked by arms, then I realised I was doing the same!

BenInTurin

Facebook User

I think this is football had diving and it was rubbish. It just seemed completely random if you got caught or not and was an easy way to get penalties. Also, wired connections are always better than wireless if you can get your router near you console!

ccfc_Tom

handballs are already in the current version, but it's buggy as hell which is why it's turned off as standard. Diving would be fun, it was in This Is Football and they actually done a very good job of it, it's funny doing it to someone in the same room as you as they go crazy, but on xbox live it would just be just really annoying.

Yeah it worked really well in that game, i also found it funny when playing against mates to have the diving feature. Not saying i agree with diving or anything.

ajsccfc

A fairly recent PES included diving, it was garbage. I hope they ditched it for the next one.

CovInEssex

Played it last night for a bit, wasn't really impressed as too much is still the same as Fifa11 for my likening. The graphics seem worse when actually playing? But the players control more like themselves.

I'm sure i'll get used to it.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Wired isn't always better than wireless, for example when my PC is wired it can only receive a maximum of 54mbps whereas with my wireless adapter it receives 300mbps. My PC is right next to the router but I still have it wireless for this reason. If you wanna know which is faster for you tell me your set up and I might be able to help.

nerd1.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Wired isn't always better than wireless, for example when my PC is wired it can only receive a maximum of 54mbps whereas with my wireless adapter it receives 300mbps. My PC is right next to the router but I still have it wireless for this reason. If you wanna know which is faster for you tell me your set up and I might be able to help.

nerd1.jpg

Are you sure? Why is it so little getting 54mbps when wired?

I dont trust Wireless when gaming either, it doesn't matter if it connects at 100mbps or 10mbps if your signal is rubbish it will make a difference.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Are you sure? Why is it so little getting 54mbps when wired?

I dont trust Wireless when gaming either, it doesn't matter if it connects at 100mbps or 10mbps if your signal is rubbish it will make a difference.

Because the ethernet port on my PC will only take 54mbps. I know the new xbox ethernet port will take 1000mbps so I have that wired.

Nick

Administrator
Because the ethernet port on my PC will only take 54mbps. I know the new xbox ethernet port will take 1000mbps so I have that wired.

Are you sure? Sounds a bit strange as it was usually 10, then 100 and now 1000. 54mbps is a wireless speed.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Are you sure? Sounds a bit strange as it was usually 10, then 100 and now 1000. 54mbps is a wireless speed.

It may have been as low as 10 or 100 then, I haven't plugged it in wired for a long time as I remember it being worse than the wireless as I get 300 on that. But yeah you are right it is 10/100/1000 for wired, I confused myself there.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Yeah I just checked it, my PC's ethernet is only 10/100 and when I plug in it only gives me 10 at the moment so there would be some configuring to do to get it to 100 whereas my wireless N adapter gives me 300mbps and is literally right next to the router so I get good speeds anyway. The only way I could improve it would be to install a new ethernet card into my PC which can get the full 1000. Did a speed test on it this morning, I pay for 20mb and I was getting speeds of like 19.2mb on the wireless (you never get the full amount you pay for) so seems to be working fine.

The main point is depending on the set up wired isn't always better.

n1xon

Played it last night for a bit, wasn't really impressed as too much is still the same as Fifa11 for my likening. The graphics seem worse when actually playing? But the players control more like themselves.<br />
<br />
I'm sure i'll get used to it.
<br />
<br />

u have to remember its just a demo so not the finished product so the graphics and other bits should be improved when its out.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Wouldn't say it's too similar to Fifa 11, the gameplay feels a lot different especially the new way you have to defend.

n1xon

is there anyway on my xbox to see what speed im gettin? then i can just see which way is faster for me i imagine it will be wired but would still like to give it ago.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Yeah I just checked it, my PC's ethernet is only 10/100 and when I plug in it only gives me 10 at the moment so there would be some configuring to do to get it to 100 whereas my wireless N adapter gives me 300mbps and is literally right next to the router so I get good speeds anyway. The only way I could improve it would be to install a new ethernet card into my PC which can get the full 1000. Did a speed test on it this morning, I pay for 20mb and I was getting speeds of like 19.2mb on the wireless (you never get the full amount you pay for) so seems to be working fine.

The main point is depending on the set up wired isn't always better.

It's true that depending on what's on your motherboard and your wireless network card + router that you could possibly get faster connections through a wireless. But like Nick I trust a wired connection for my console.

Users who are viewing this thread