FFS! WE ARE STILL ONLY 3 POINTS FROM THE PLAYOFFS!!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

This is how the L2 table looks now.

Screenshot_2018-02-20-21-47-02.png

Yep, games in hand on some teams, but still, you have of course got to win them. Same games as Exeter, but 7 and 8 points adrift of the next 2 sides.

Makes Mansfield and Wycombe away look more daunting.

pastythegreat

This is how the L2 table looks now.

View attachment 9118

Yep, games in hand on some teams, but still, you have of course got to win them. Same games as Exeter, but 7 and 8 points adrift of the next 2 sides.

Makes Mansfield and Wycombe away look more daunting.
Yes, like you say we still need to win those games in hand. And when those games are Wycombe and Luton, that's easier said than done.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Yes games in hand could be crucial.

Win our two games in hand the table looks so much rosier.

We have games in hand on everyone apart from Exeter in the top half.

We need arrest this slide asap and start picking up points every game.

ccfcway

Win both games in hand and just be in the play off places. Then need to keep winning to stay there. Something we haven’t done all season.

One game at a time, we may come up short this season, but will be stronger for next season

Otis

Win both games in hand and just be in the play off places. Then need to keep winning to stay there. Something we haven’t done all season.

One game at a time, we may come up short this season, but will be stronger for next season

I just don't at all see why we will be stronger. Much more likely to be weaker with a smaller ST uptake.

Londonccfcfan

Hope your right. I am not sure it will
My only concern is would have liked to be 3 points clear of 7th place on final day. But id take the chance to have it in our own hands on final day. Ie win we get into play offs. If we mess this season up. It wont be because we look at just this blip. It will be the blip in 5/6/7 games time when we dont beat the teams we should.

Otis

My only concern is would have liked to be 3 points clear of 7th place on final day. But id take the chance to have it in our own hands on final day. Ie win we get into play offs. If we mess this season up. It wont be because we look at just this blip. It will be the blip in 5/6/7 games time when we dont beat the teams we should.
And also our away form and failing to win against teams from near the bottom. Morecambe, Forest Green (twice), Barnet.

Londonccfcfan

I just don't at all see why we will be stronger. Much more likely to be weaker with a smaller ST uptake.
That depends on a few factors.

Eg pricing, what many 100s or 1000s moan about.

Maddison is guaranteed to go.

Thats a game changer even if we get a fraction of the 15/20% of Maddison money.

Also, our best player arguably one of the best in league is back.

I agree Bayliss will be gone. But that will be it. And again a fraction of his money will be re invested.

We havnt sold anyone of importance in 3 transfer windows, so we will be stronger.

If we stick with continuity. The players and manager will know the league better.

Otis

That depends on a few factors.

Eg pricing, what many 100s or 1000s moan about.

Maddison is guaranteed to go.

Thats a game changer even if we get a fraction of the 15/20% of Maddison money.

Also, our best player arguably one of the best in league is back.

I agree Bayliss will be gone. But that will be it. And again a fraction of his money will be re invested.

We havnt sold anyone of importance in 3 transfer windows, so we will be stronger.

If we stick with continuity. The players and manager will know the league better.
We don't know though that any Maddison money will be reinvested in the team.

Londonccfcfan

Err
Because they aren't sat back playing for draws. Simple really.
Erm....lol.

Exeter were losing in injury time. Obviously they wernt playing for a draw. Lol

Doh!

Just like if we are losing in Injury time we dont pkay for a draw it's impossible.

Otis

And on the no players out in the 3 windows, I do think a factor was that we were favourites to go up this season and we would have surely sold that notion to the players.

Next season I am not at all convinced we will be favourites at all. If we don't make the playoffs, it will be the teams in the playoffs that missed out and some of the club's coming down from League One.

I know players didn't leave, but this season will be seen as a failure if we don't even make the playoffs. That could be a huge deciding factor for the likes of McNulty and Willis etc.

Londonccfcfan

And on the no players out in the 3 windows, I do think a factor was that we were favourites to go up this season and we would have surely sold that notion to the players.

Next season I am not at all convinced we will be favourites at all. If we don't make the playoffs, it will be the teams in the playoffs that missed out and some of the club's coming down from League One.

I know players didn't leave, but this season will be seen as a failure if we don't even make the playoffs. That could be a huge deciding factor for the likes of McNulty and Willis etc.
We wernt favorites, not by a l9ng way.

Mansfield were top, then Luton.

Bookies had portsmouth favorites every year for 4 years.

This isnt the premier league, where you can name the top 6 before season starts.

Otis

We wernt favorites, not by a l9ng way.

Mansfield were top, then Luton.

Bookies had portsmouth favorites every year for 4 years.

This isnt the premier league, where you can name the top 6 before season starts.
We were. Third favourites with the bookies.

I mean we were favourites, not THE favourites.

Nick

Administrator
Err

Erm....lol.

Exeter were losing in injury time. Obviously they wernt playing for a draw. Lol

Doh!

Just like if we are losing in Injury time we dont pkay for a draw it's impossible.

No, we are 1 down we stick with 2 defensive midfielders rather than go all out for a result. So many teams around us are winning games because they want to win and don't sit back. It isn't rocket science is it?

How is your 6 points from the next 4 games looking now for us to be sitting in the promotion spots?

You joke about playing for draws when losing, I thought you had seen all of our games? We have done it a fair few times.

Otis

No, we are 1 down we stick with 2 defensive midfielders rather than go all out for a result. So many teams around us are winning games because they want to win and don't sit back. It isn't rocket science is it?

How is your 6 points from the next 4 games looking now for us to be sitting in the promotion spots?

You joke about playing for draws when losing, I thought you had seen all of our games? We have done it a fair few times.
It is galling. You go a goal down you expect a reaction. You don't expect to just stick to the same plan and then hope you can sneak a goal by going for it with only 15 mins left, or just in one half only.

Londonccfcfan

Seen most.

I hope he doesnt change it. Keeps to formula he has trusted. Just needs a littke tweak.

I have faith in Robins. Long long way to go.

He knows better than me and you. Who to play to where and what system. You have your opinions and i have mine.

Il judge him at end of season. I have still have faith.

Nick

Administrator
Seen most.

I hope he doesnt change it. Keeps to formula he has trusted. Just needs a littke tweak.

I have faith in Robins. Long long way to go.

He knows better than me and you. Who to play to where and what system. You have your opinions and i have mine.

Il judge him at end of season. I have still have faith.

You hope he doesn't change something that clearly isn't working? Random.

There isn't a long way to go, the teams above are pulling away from us.

Otis

And you have to base a team being 8 points away as us needing about 4 or 5 wins to even catch up to.

Can't just think the team above is going to start losing.

If we say won 4 out of 4, that's obviously 12 points. You would then though need the that team above to lose 2 and draw 1 of their 4 games to even draw level with them.

Games are running out now and as I said the other day, once you get 8, 9 or 10 points behind that can effect morale and be devastating to confidence, so even though you don't have to make up the 8 points immediately, every time your rival wins it's another game gone and you not making up the required ground.

Londonccfcfan

Yes we have noticed.

Btw not really interested in your opinion.

Like i said i have my opinions and you have yours.

Grendel

He used to be a good player for us.
The question is 'what happened' ?
Do we play our younger players to early and it has a negative effect when they get outplayed/bullied by experienced pros ?
Teams are picking them up cheap as they just invest in them for the future.

So we were wrong to sell bigiaramana first time round then?

Otis

This never happens
We need to buck a trend for sure.

This is why I feel ST sales will drop next year. Be some who will say we can build on this season, but so many more who will be expecting midtable at best next season.

We need to make sure we are indeed competitive, but I think fans are getting tired of failure and are used to City not making a fist of things.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just being lazy but who are the two games we have in hand on Swindon & Notts County etc against? Is It Wycombe & Luton?

Users who are viewing this thread