FFS! WE ARE STILL ONLY 3 POINTS FROM THE PLAYOFFS!!! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
And 3 asbolutely huge games up next. Lincon, Wycombe and Mansfield.

We are 10th at the moment. Could go one of 2 ways. Back in the saddle, or cut adrift.

We need at least 6 points I think.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We are 3 points and goal difference off the playoffs..........

And goal scoring has been perhaps the biggest problem this season

Otis

We need at least 6 points I think.
Yeah, probably. A win and 2 draws would be okay though I think. Should at least keep us within touching distance.

I am very worried about the Wycombe game. I know we beat them here, but I am expecting an absolute bombardment from them down there and we have let 2 in, in each of the last 3 games.

They have scored 10 goals in their last 3 home games (4, 3 and 3)

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, probably. A win and 2 draws would be okay though I think. Should at least keep us within touching distance.

i am very worried about the Wycombe game. I know we beat them here, but i am expecting an absolute bombardment from them.

The have scored 10 goals in their last 3 home games (4, 3 and 3)

It's OK, Robins will defend deeply when we are 1-0 down to prevent that. We might go for it when they score a 2nd.

He really does need to change that approach :( I hope he does and proves me wrong.

Nick

Administrator
If Exeter win one of their games in hand on Tuesday it will get even more worrying. It will put us 5 behind playoffs.

Londonccfcfan

All this bollocks from everyone we need 6points from next two games. Lol.

Toughest two games on paper. I think we need 7 points from next 4 games.

After watching 2nd half vs Colchester and Brighton away we have nothing to fear.

But I wouldn’t say Wycombe and Mansfield are must win.

The Lincoln and Barnet games at Home are MUST win.

Otis

After watching 2nd half vs Colchester and Brighton away we have nothing to fear.

We are dropping further away though. Yep, still 3 points, but now only one team on that 3 point gap.

You do also have to factor in pressure.

Say we draw the next 2. That would be 5 games without a victory and surely leave us further points adrift. That then in turns puts more pressure on you in having to win games and also it damages morale if you are not winning.

I don't think we can expect 2 wins from the next 2, but we could seriously do with 1 win at least.

Next week's fixtures favour all our rivals. I know there are no easy games in this league as such, but all our rivals have very favourable matchups.

I know what you are saying, but lose the next 2 we could be a number of points adrift of even 7th and like I say, the damage to morale could be massive.

oucho

My insight on this is that we need to get more points than the teams 8th and below by the end of the season, and to get there we need to win more games than the teams around us between now and the end of the season.

Nick

Administrator
My insight on this is that we need to get more points than the teams 8th and below by the end of the season, and to get there we need to win more games than the teams around us between now and the end of the season.
Maybe we need to score more goals than the opposition to win games to get the three points?

Londonccfcfan

We are dropping further away though. Yep, still 3 points, but now only one team on that 3 point gap.

You do also have to factor in pressure.

Say we draw the next 2. That would be 5 games without a victory and surely leave us further points adrift. That then in turns puts more pressure on you in having to win games and also it damages morale if you are not winning.

I think we can expect 2 wins from the next 2, but we could seriously do with 1 win at least.

Next week's fixtures favour all our rivals. I know there are no easy games in this league as such, but all our rivals have very favourable matchups.

I know what you are saying, but lose the next 2 we could be a number of points adrift of even 7th and like I say, the damage to morale could be massive.

The must win game is Lincoln. End of. They are challengers for 5/6/7 th place.

Mansfield nad Wycombe are challenging for Autos.

Lincoln is MUST not lose that is a Massive game.

Nick

Administrator
The must win game is Lincoln. End of. They are challengers for 5/6/7 th place.

Mansfield nad Wycombe are challenging for Autos.

Lincoln is MUST not lose that is a Massive game.
It doesn't work like that though does it, we beat Luton but it doesn't mean we go above them.

We could beat Lincoln and lose every other game while Lincoln win all of theirs.

If we want promotion, every game is must win. Fed up of this playing for a draw nonsense.

Londonccfcfan

It doesn't work like that though does it, we beat Luton but it doesn't mean we go above them.

We could beat Lincoln and lose every other game while Lincoln win all of theirs.

If we want promotion, every game is must win. Fed up of this playing for a draw nonsense.

I’m looking at it as a 4 game block.

Mansfield, Wycombe, Lincoln and Barnet.

We need 6/7 points from these four games. That would mean we creep into 7th place at end of this 4 game block.

Wycombe is one of our games in hand. I’d take two draws away in next two games. Then make moves vs Lincoln and Barnet.

The way we have improved and players are showing signs positives of getting over illness and injury. I’m positive we may even beat Mansfield or Wycombe.

Otis

I’m looking at it as a 4 game block.

Mansfield, Wycombe, Lincoln and Barnet.

We need 6/7 points from these four games. That would mean we creep into 7th place at end of this 4 game block.

Wycombe is one of our games in hand. I’d take two draws away in next two games. Then make moves vs Lincoln and Barnet.

The way we have improved and players are showing signs positives of getting over illness and injury. I’m positive we may even beat Mansfield or Wycombe.
6 points from 4 games would surely not have us creeping into 7th would it?

I would very much doubt that. We are already 3 points behind 7th.

I would say we certainly need a lot more than 6 to be in the playoff positions.

Nick

Administrator
If Exeter win on Tuesday we would be 5 off playoffs by the time we play next week if the dates I saw were correct

If 6 points from the next 4 are to put us in top 7 we need a fair few results to go our way.

If we are 5 behind before the first of 4 games, it's very optimistic to think 6 will have us there after 4 games.

Londonccfcfan

6 points from 4 games would surely not have us creeping into 7th would it?

I would very much doubt that. We are already 3 points behind 7th.

I would say we certainly need a lot more than 6 to be in the playoff positions.

One of those games is our game in hand.

letsallsingtogether

Bollocks we need to win them all.

oucho

Maybe we need to score more goals than the opposition to win games to get the three points?
Almost certainly. I'm no Alan Shearer-style pundit but my gut feeling is that over the years we generally haven't done that often enough which has led us to struggle.

stupot07

I'm pissed off we're no longer in the auto hunt, that should have been our aim and I'm sure it was robins aim. Play offs are a lottery and don't guarantee promotion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I'm pissed off we're no longer in the auto hunt, that should have been our aim and I'm sure it was robins aim. Play offs are a lottery and don't guarantee promotion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Got to be our target though now all the same.

oucho

Got to be our target though now all the same.
For me the focus has to be on finishing as high as possible, be that 3rd, 7th etc. The target is promotion by any means so the autos are preferable but P/Os are acceptable. Failing that, since relegation in 2001 we haven't had a single season where we've had a season-long sustained campaign where we were genuinely in contention for promotion so if we can go into the final game or two within touching distance of the P/Os, that'll be acceptable too.

Otis

For me the focus has to be on finishing as high as possible, be that 3rd, 7th etc. The target is promotion by any means so the autos are preferable but P/Os are acceptable. Failing that, since relegation in 2001 we haven't had a single season where we've had a season-long sustained campaign where we were genuinely in contention for promotion so if we can go into the final game or two within touching distance of the P/Os, that'll be acceptable too.
Just think 12 points is too much, so let's just focus on the top 7 and then if we're in the top 7 see where we are then.

oucho

Just think 12 points is too much, so let's just focus on the top 7 and then if we're in the top 7 see where we are then.
Ah, your previous post read as if you were saying the autos should be our target! Point taken.

Londonccfcfan

To have any chance of Autos. We have to beat Mansfield and Wycombe. If we do that. Then it’s definitely possible.

It’s 12 point gap to 2nd and 3rd. We currently have a game in hand both those teams.

So if we beat Wycombe away. We are technically 9 points with still a game in hand on them.

But realistically I think It’s play offs. Unless we win our next two games. As I’m convinced for a very strange reason that we will beat Lincoln and Barnet.

Although Barnet are on the up with new manager now also.

Londonccfcfan

Accrington’s got 13 games left to play:

Cambridge H
Newport A
Morecambe H
Luton A
FGR H
Yeovil H
Mansfield A
Notts County H
Colchester A
Exter H
Wycombe A
Lincoln H
Swindon A

That’s basically 9 games vs play off contenders. And 3 vs Relegation contenders.
Last 7 games look tough. Ouch. Could easily lose all 7.

steve82

Accrington’s got 13 games left to play:

Cambridge H
Newport A
Morecambe H
Luton A
FGR H
Yeovil H
Mansfield A
Notts County H
Colchester A
Exter H
Wycombe A
Lincoln H
Swindon A

That’s basically 9 games vs play off contenders. And 3 vs Relegation contenders.
Last 7 games look tough. Ouch. Could easily lose all 7.

I put them on fixtures on another thread they have a horrendous run in.

Londonccfcfan

I put them on fixtures on another thread they have a horrendous run in.

Lol i know, was looking at their fixtures and they just got worse and worse.

They better beat FGR and Yeovil at home.

You couldn’t make that sort of run in up. They actually play Cambridge at home next who have hit some form. So hopefully the only mid table team they play lose. But you could also argue they are contenders too Cambridge?

steve cooper

Low to mid 70's should see us 7th.
Need to target the following games
Lincoln H
Barnet H
Crewe A
Grimsby H
Yeovil H
Crawley A
Stevenage H
Cheltenham A
Morecombe H
Need to win 7 of that 9 and pick up 2 or 3 draws. As long as we can re-group now we have got rid of the cup millstone we have a good chance

Londonccfcfan

Low to mid 70's should see us 7th.
Need to target the following games
Lincoln H
Barnet H
Crewe A
Grimsby H
Yeovil H
Crawley A
Stevenage H
Cheltenham A
Morecombe H
Need to win 7 of that 9 and pick up 2 or 3 draws. As long as we can re-group now we have got rid of the cup millstone we have a good chance

Have u left out, Mansfield, Wycombe, Luton , Notts and Newport deliberately.

Yes that’s possible. Win 7 out of 14. With 2/3 draws.

But it’s important we beat our rivals for 7th. Ie New port/ Crawley/ lincoln

steve cooper

Have u left out, Mansfield, Wycombe, Luton , Notts and Newport deliberately.

Yes that’s possible. Win 7 out of 14. With 2/3 draws.

But it’s important we beat our rivals for 7th. Ie New port/ Crawley/ lincoln
Looking back on recent final L2 tables anywhere from 71 to 75 points has been enough for 7th. I have spent most of my life looking at tables at this time of year, (mostly the bottom half) and the points required to make the playoffs or avoid relegation is usually pretty consistent.

Londonccfcfan

Looking back on recent final L2 tables anywhere from 71 to 75 points has been enough for 7th. I have spent most of my life looking at tables at this time of year, (mostly the bottom half) and the points required to make the playoffs or avoid relegation is usually pretty consistent.

Another thing that may come into our favour if we have a half decent end to the season is our goal difference.

It’s better than a few teams directly above and below us. Maybe worth a point.

steve cooper

Swindon, Lincoln, Notts C, & Exeter have only won 2 of the last 5, like us. So we aren't the only ones who's form is suffering. Hopefully Doyle back next week, hopefully JCH & McNulty partnership will click, and maybe Reid will get a run in the team and actually try. (got to be optimistic). Could see us back to form.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread