Favourite players of the last 25 years? (1 Viewer)

Just a general conversation within the office, but who would be your top 10 players from the last 25 years? In terms of Ability and being a fan favourite?

This has brought up some very controversial names, just curious what everyone elses would be?

Travs

25 years takes you back to 96, i doubt there'll be many nominations from about 2002-onwards.

Might be better to ask the question of past 15-20 years instead.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

If its from 96 its gonna be Prem top heavy. I'll go in no particular order Ndlovu, Whelan, Dublin, Huckerby, Nilsson, Froggatt, Boateng, Keane, Hadji & Wise.

I go pretty similar my top 5 would be

Ndlovu
Whelan
Dublin
Huckerby
Breen

Cant think really of anyone apart from post relegation days although I did like Norwood attitude when we had him briefly and Doyle's penultimate season with us in level 4. I've missed a lot of post relegation seasons for various reasons

Keane massive talent but just not around long enough to include.

AOM

Some personal favourites off the top of my head:
Fankaty Dabo
Aron Gunnarsson
Darren Huckerby
Michael Doyle
Liam Kelly
Callum Wilson
Stephen Hughes
Callum O'Hare

Travs

In terms of causing maximum excitement in the crowd, it's got to be Huckerby and Keane in there.

Dublin has to go in for what he did for the club.

Ndlovu i think makes top 5.

I'm finishing off my final 5 with a curveball... Strachan... i thought he was absolutely immense when he played.

Leaves out a lot of great players and favourites obviously... Whelan, Boateng, Oggy, to name just a few straight off my head.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Any one who was any good. 😂

rob9872

Pretty much everyone we sold to the Vile

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oggy
Nilsson
Dublin
Boateng
Froggatt
Ndlovu
Keane
Gunnarsson
Huckerby
Borrows

I'll also give a mention to the following even though some it's nothing to do with their play on the field - I just liked them.
Gordon Strachan
Breen
Mo
Davenport
Wise
McSheffrey
Soltvedt
Aloisi

Greggs

Paul Telfer, had his name on my first shirt.

Tommo1993

Dion Dublin, David Thompson, Gary McAllister, Callum Wilson, Noel Whelan, Robbie Keane, Mustapha Hadji, Roland Nilsson.

Players from the last couple of years who’ve really impressed me are Bright Enobakhare and Liam Walsh.

Greggs

As a kid I had my own name put on the back because I was worried if I had my favourite they'd end up getting sold. This was before transfer windows too.

Yep, even as a kid I was a boring bastard thinking about the longer term.
Yeah, my parents didn't have much cash, so my Mum cut up the numbers and letters from white felt and stick them on. I got bullied at school.

fatso

Dublin
Although Mark McNulty would probably be the most influential player of the last 25 years, that half a season purple patch he had, set us up nicely for a surge up the football leagues to the premier league and champions league winners in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread